Elevayta Stream Boy

Compare notes on how to get the most from Scope devices, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

Post by dawman »

This sounds like one could transfer tracks from one app to another. Are file transfers like this compatible with each other? If anyone here has knowledge of this little buggar, does it really work. This would be a great time saver. One could contract certain sections of compositions out to a sub-contractor who uses a totally different app right. Send files online like a drummer I know name Dave Weckyl does for his drum tracks. Wow, I wish I had this stuff back in the day.
garyb

Post by garyb »

it's easy and free to export/import .wav or .aiff files from any app to any app.

also, within the same computer, scope already allows this by using both asio and wav or even only wav drivers.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: garyb on 2006-02-28 02:18 ]</font>
dawman

Post by dawman »

You Da Man GaryB.
at0m

Post by at0m »

Hey Scope4live,

I know Cubase (since that's what I use) can import and export .omf files (ProTools). Afaik, logic and sonar can import them, not sure about exporting.

I have not tried that yet, but I see the OMF option in the menu, it sure looks like a cross-compatible format. Don't know how far compatible they will be though. For example, no one could load your DSP plugins on a machine unless you send him your project and he has all your plugins. If .omf recognises VST(i) and (automation) settings, I think it would be an excellent accomplishment already eh.

Good luck, and let us know how goes :smile:

at0m.
more has been done with less
https://soundcloud.com/at0m-studio
paulrmartin

Post by paulrmartin »

Logic does export OMF :smile:
Are we listening?..
H-Rave

Post by H-Rave »

Scope 4,you said "I wish I had that In My day.",If I may humbly point out,This is your day.
dawman

Post by dawman »

HowRiteChuAre,
I feel very priveledged to learn from guys on this forum. I thank you 4 helping me build,design, and perform w/ this current rig all last fall and winter. Because of the way this thing sounded, and of course the way I played it, I was mentioned in negotiations with Annie Lennox's producer for possible employment, he stated to my manager at the time that the bloody rig he's using is a mobile studio. I said Long Live The Queen, and God bless Buster Crab, and Jackie Fischer. Just a few
heroes of mine from England.

We Share, As We Learn,
dawman

Post by dawman »

BTW You Guys Should Check Out Dave Weckyl's Web Page. He still works w/ Chick Corea, and J.Patitucci on Upright bass for any acoustic tours.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: scope4live on 2006-06-18 06:46 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: scope4live on 2006-06-18 06:46 ]</font>