Guitar amp gave me that....Ahhh

Compare notes on how to get the most from Scope devices, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

petrol vendor

Post by petrol vendor »

--wrong forum)---Sound. Evryone wants their stuff to sound fresh, open, exciting, whatever (analog?).
I guess manny of you know how to enhance thair recordings using and guitar amp. To me it was totally new till I just tried it.
I made this drum and bass track which ithougt was nice, but somehow missing something. I had a live bass and noise samples that were alive, but the synths (UKnow007) and the Drums (LM4 electro) sounded static, somehow boring to me. So I send everything (complete drums, single synthsounds) into an old tube guitar amp and resample it with two different mikes. After some adjusting towards the frec responce of the mikes I was very happy and exited. Everything suddenly sounded like played, Ihad new dynamics and overtones that no digital platform can ever deliver.
This can defnetly be an inspiration, so I tell you people. Grab that old gutaramp and check it out.
PS I´ll post the song (even thou it´ll never be finished) under music if you like to hear it. and this whole message is in the wrong place anyway...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: heinrich on 2005-02-02 18:18 ]</font>