Acid 5 Tips

Compare notes on how to get the most from Scope devices, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

geoffd99

Post by geoffd99 »

Hi
I installed the Sony Acid 5 demo, and the .NET MS software, which they make you put on, but Acid crashed repeatedly, then I had major problems due to the .NET which I eventually took off, and used registry cleaning software to sort out. This took ages and was very annoying.

NOT a good demo!

Has anyone else used it?
Now I use Live 4, but have always liked Acid 4, except for the terrible midi workflow etc.
garyb

Post by garyb »

sonar3 and 4(and cubase sx3 for that matter) do everything that acid will...
geoffd99

Post by geoffd99 »

Yes I have Sonar 3.1.1, it is much more sophisticated, but it stutters when I change loop position, drag info, change anything in fact, whereas Acid (and Live) just keep on rolling.
This is why I prefer them, it is impossible to work if the flow is being broken up all the time.
Also Live has very helpful and stimulating midi plugins. Acid is useless for midi, even in Acid 5, before it crashed on me, it looks the same as Acid 4 for midi.

I don't think this Sonar stuttering is just me, I have been emailing Cakewalk for ages about this (I have a P4 3 GHz, and 1 gig RAM, 3 x Creamware cards, 13 dsp).
Acid and Live just work fine on anything, Sonar seems fussy - but about what? It is also a pain with ASIO, though I have fixed that now via this wonderful forum.

Does your Sonar never stutter?
garyb

Post by garyb »

it might, i've never used acid loops with it.