Routing to outboard FX gear

Compare notes on how to get the most from Scope devices, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Draxxus

Post by Draxxus »

I have some FX gear that I want to use as either AUX sends or direct via SPDIF. I use a 2448 as the main mixer in my project. What do I need to do to make this work (route)? I am more of a visual person, if you could send me a snapshot of what I need to route, you would rock.
scary808

Post by scary808 »

Check out the first diagrams in this thread. I did it in Logic but I'm sure you can figure it out for your DAW. Instead of choosing ASIO I/O, choose the appropriate hardware I/O.

Peace!

http://www.planetz.com/forums/viewtopic ... forum=14&0

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: scary808 on 2004-04-15 22:01 ]</font>
kiminet

Post by kiminet »

I do it with CubaseSX and samplitude.
You need to route the asio outputs in sfp
fx. ch 3+4 to sp/dif out from fysical sp/dif to your outboard equipment ,then back to fysical spi/dif in SFP sp/dif can be sended to your SFP mixer or to asio in puts to your recording program .
If your outboard equipment cannot slave to external digiclock you must make pulsar/scope slav to the devise.
You must activate the channels in your program to feed the sp/dif.

Kim

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kiminet on 2004-04-23 21:58 ]</font>
Immanuel

Post by Immanuel »

Explore your devices folder
dawman

Post by dawman »

Lexicon MPX-550 works without incident for GS3/Scope in my live rig. I use the sp/dif I/O's. I also use it as a direct box with high quality converters, plus great Room/Hall algorhythms. Sounds great with GS3 Gigapulse. There is another interesting device that Alesis made called the Q20, I have never heard it but have been surprised to see it in a couple of Mastering facilities. I'm sure it's ADAT I/O's were useful, but these facilities would not have purchased it for it's I/O capabilities only. Does anyone here know if Scopes ADAT I/O's can be used in the same manner. I've always liked the Alesis plate algorythm, and need separate gated plate for my section sounds. Adds a lot of seperation in a live venue i.e. all the time we put into our stereo monitor rigs gets mixed to mono in the front of house mix. Using multiple outboard FX has always helped in that respect. Used Lexicon PCM70,PCM60,PCM41,PCM42 for studio and stage for 20+ years, the MPX-550 was the only way to retire the 70.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: scope4live on 2005-09-19 18:56 ]</font>