The style of Silverside, by Autechre

Compare notes on how to get the most from Scope devices, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

AnyMore

Post by AnyMore »

Silverside is fuckin' amazing. And there's other music like it - but not by Autechre?

I heard just a short sample of this song a few weeks ago, and knew it was for me; however after buying a few of Autechre's albums it seems that Silverside is a smoothe & elegant anomaly among track after track of either "fast forward till it calms down," or "construct a skyscraper in 10 minutes with nothing but your surrenge" music.

But, I have heard music like it - using the same electronica style and type of distortion of human voice; only I have no idea who made it. There's no longer a link to it, but I once heard what could have come from Autechre if the rest of his music was more like "SIlverside" than a assembly line for killer robots, making music for killer robots. It was runway music on a low-bitrate video of Calvin Klein's Fall 2001 collection. BUT! I've searched on google and found a couple mentions of Autechre and runway music... Maybe? No. I've heard enough of Autechre - Amber, and the adjacent albums Incunabula and Tri Repetae; Silverside is apparently as good as it gets with Autechre.

The album Silverside is on - Amber, while it does have a couple other decent tracks, none come close to a similar style as Silverside - perhaps "classical edged techno-passion".

Know any similar music? When I say similar, I'm mean to be very specific - If you heard Silverside and other songs like it, and didn't know better, you'd be sure were they produced by the same guy intending them all for a very consistent album.
borg

Post by borg »

you might give 'unspeakable future outbreaks' by passarani a try (lotsa dark strings). some albums of the group 'while' come close too imo (albums 'lock' and 'even' ).
but they're not Ae of course. there's other great music out there though. :wink:
andy
the lunatics are in the hall
AnyMore

Post by AnyMore »

Thanks, I'll have a listen...
CreepJoint

Post by CreepJoint »

Quench are kind of early ae brought up to date
scary808

Post by scary808 »

One of Autechre's primary influences Coil have tracks here & there that resemble that. I decided to pull Amber out & listen to it(I haven't heard it in almost ten years). My personal fave is the track Nil. It's funny, Autechre thinks Amber is they're weakest album. I dissagree with them.
Evil Tez

Post by Evil Tez »

If you have WinAmp id recomend the "IDM" net stations.

I love Autehcre. The fact that alot of their stuff is not instant is a plus point for me. Try Brothomstates, they might be worth listening to.
ernest@303.nu

Post by ernest@303.nu »

On 2004-04-01 12:24, Evil Tez wrote:
If you have WinAmp id recomend the "IDM" net stations.
Check out our "IDM" (I don't like the word "IDM", btw) -station Braindance Radio. At the moment we're beta-testing it and cannot serve too many users, so don't spam this URL till we're ready. The stream is in low-bitrate high-quality Ogg Vorbis