can i mix using SFP yet use vst reverb?

Compare notes on how to get the most from Scope devices, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

oioi

Post by oioi »

hi... i am mixing outside of cubase on the SMT 2448, but i would like to use my fave vst reverb... is it posiball to acsess the vst verb from the SFP mixer like a external reverb? like some kind of send and return to and from the vst? i know wot i want to do, but not sure how to patch it all together. all the main channels are bussed out to the SFP mixer but not sure if i can do the same kind of thing with the fx chanel (sx2)?? thanx in advance :smile:
scary808

Post by scary808 »

The External effect SFP plugin in the others folder allows you to do this quite easily. Load External effect on an aux in the mixer & have an aux in cubase with a reverb inserted. o to this link & figures 1,2,&3 will help with the rest. Happy reverberating!

oops here's the link

http://www.planetz.com/forums/viewtopic ... forum=14&0

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: scary808 on 2004-02-24 21:21 ]</font>
oioi

Post by oioi »

OF CORSE!! simple one one knows how :wink:

cheers
Counterparts

Post by Counterparts »

Thanks from me too for that info, scary!

I spent the weekend scratching my head until I realised that I need to upgrade to SL v2 before I get access to those nice Cubase fx channels in the mixer!

For now (Cubase SL v1) I have to create a track (I use a mono one), cut the channel's fader to nought and use a pre-fader aux send routed to the reverb which I then route to the return bus of the 'external efects' SFP device.

Seems to work! :smile:

FWIW, upgrading from SL v1 -> SL v2 costs 70ukp.

Royston
Counterparts

Post by Counterparts »

I have another question regarding this - the external effect module's input is stereo, but the mixer's aux send in only mono - will the mixer just send the same signal to both channels of the external effect module?

Edit: sorry, just spotted that you used it as an insert on a stereo channel - can it be used for aux send/receive?

TIA,

Royston

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Counterparts on 2004-04-05 07:09 ]</font>
scary808

Post by scary808 »

yes! if you were using the 2448 mixer, you would just insert it on the aux return of your choice. the scope is your oyster!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: scary808 on 2004-04-05 22:07 ]</font>
eyesight

Post by eyesight »

how I use my vst verb within stm mixer:
I plugg the aux of stm mixer out to an asio destination twice(l-r)then in cubase create an audio track that will act as aux track, insert reverb or whatever I want then send this track to asio out(don't forget to switch monitor of the track on) then back to sfp switch the right asio source to the auw return so bingo nice vst verb in the gentle stm it takes 1 mn

bye