samplers again

Compare notes on how to get the most from Scope devices, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

spacef

Post by spacef »

Hi I hope it is not off topic :
I need a sampler with portamento and also beat slicing (auto map of beats in keygroups, or even re-play at tempo like with Phatmtik/Recycle).
For the moment I only know Vsampler which does that. Any other idea ?
Software, of course....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: spacef on 2004-02-11 12:19 ]</font>
borg

Post by borg »

http://www.beatcreator.com/English/frames.html
haven't tried it myself yet, but heard nice things about it, and a decent working demo.
andy
the lunatics are in the hall
hubird

Post by hubird »

thanks for the link Borg!
This thing is great!!
I love the Phatmatic, and use it in every song, but the Beatcreator definitely has some great extra features, like stretching the slices to fill the gaps when BPM is less than the original loop is, or even crossfade them!
I'd like to buy it, just 80,- $, I never can have enough of these kind of tools!
Write the Ridm!
Nothing seen about different outputs tho.

No portamento however Spacef, you could buy my K2500 RSampler... :wink:

Edit: f**********ck...only pc, and I don't see any system requirements mentioned, which I find Image

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hubird on 2004-02-11 20:22 ]</font>
spacef

Post by spacef »

No portamento however Spacef, you could buy my K2500 RSampler... :wink:
:smile: . It's very hard to replace "old school" hardware samplers, I don't find an equivalent of my EPS16+ in the sofwtare word : even though sofwares have a lot of other functions, they are often less easy to work with....
Hey, Kontakt has beat slicing mapping, but no internal tempo clock (uuuh?) and lacks a few other functions.....

And when I look at Emulator X requirements, i am depressed (Intel 2,4 Ghz + 1 GB RAM recommanded!!! uuuh, it will hurt....).

Beat slicing : Phatmatik rules here (useable as VST, I use it very often) even though the only Beat slicing tool that deserve this name is Recylce, eventhough it used as standalone only (always sliced at the right place: soon on MAC hubird :smile: )
Beatcreator has an intergrated audio editor... interesting..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: spacef on 2004-02-12 03:34 ]</font>
next to nothing

Post by next to nothing »

u could have a look/demo of this as well, tho it lacks portamento as well. think it has a step editor for slices as well :smile:

http://www.concretefx.com/Dicer.htm