Share some of your fx tricks with the dNa-EffectRack here

Moderators: valis, RA

RA

Share some of your fx tricks with the dNa-EffectRack here

Post by RA »

I'm curious how you use the EffectRack for your sounds and music.

While developing the device i used the devices with several samples and one of my favorite fx is the trichorus and a short reverb or early reflections on bass sounds. Really helps it making it larger than life. Ofcourse filtered delays on arpy sounds or guitars, especialy rhythmic is another favorite of mine. Drones with very fast pitch modulations is also in my toplist.
- We're freaks about gearz and methods -
More on dNa: http://dnamusic.nl
jksuperstar

Re: Share some of your fx tricks with the dNa-EffectRack her

Post by jksuperstar »

Ah, thank you! For noting that reverb used properly can make bass sound HUGE! I play bass, and have been saying this for a long time.

I'm still exploring the effects k in a playful manner to learn it, and your new updates have me starting all over again...So much fun :) I'll report back soon presets or examples.
RA

Post by RA »

Please do report back jksuperstar! Dunno if you have the ChannelRack but if you play the bass, maybe preprocess your bass sound with that prior to going into the effectrack. Especially the shelving low eq(eq4) which is a custom developed passive eq in combo with a fair amount of comp after initial sculpting with the preamp section will give you a great sound. You should really try the shelving type eq. It is way more transparent to my ears than regular shelf eqs. Looking forward to your shares!
dawman

Post by dawman »

Ankyu.....
IMG_1047.JPG
IMG_1047.JPG (504.48 KiB) Viewed 7030 times
IMG_1048.JPG
IMG_1048.JPG (373.76 KiB) Viewed 7030 times
IMG_1049.JPG
IMG_1049.JPG (279.68 KiB) Viewed 7030 times
Music Manic

Post by Music Manic »

Just going through the manuals and learning how everything works. The Trichorus sounds beautiful on Guitar.
The AMC is really useful for bypassing things really quickly.

I see everything is in serial mode, and the manual states there is a delay between the original signal and the output of the main mix if it's not set to Wet, so it's best to keep the main mix set to Wet.
The effect rack I found, is only phase coherent all the time if you have main is set to 100% Dry. Some effects are phase coherent when bypassed.

BTW how do I change the Demo key to the paid version key?

Thanks
RA

Post by RA »

Great setup Dawman!

Music Manic; if you delete the demokey line from your keyfile it will prompt for key again.
The delay you mention is the delay induced by the dsp distribution. If you leave the mainmix to full wet and use the mix or depths on the modules all will be phasecoherent. The mainmix can be used though if you have a chain with the delay set to 100% wet. Then the microdelay is negliable.