VSTi & DXi + Pulsar question

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

bluzz

Post by bluzz »

hello !

Does someone if there's is a way (or just if it could be a possibilyt in the future) to use DXi and/or VSTi treated by the pulsar sharcs instead of the CPU of my computer?

You know, something like a those DX-VST wrapper but dedicated to Pulsar (maybe an idea for developers :smile:! )

bluzzzzzzzzz
subhuman

Post by subhuman »

Nope, not going to happen, SHARC code is vastly different than CPU native code. With all the overhead of emulating native code on SHARCS, you'd be able to run one flanger on Pulsar :wink:

However, with XTC, you can do it the opposite direction, using Pulsar devices as VST instruments/plugins (and perhaps with a VST/DirectX wrapper maybe even as DirectX plugins.. but this last part is unknown yet).
bluzz

Post by bluzz »

Ok i get the picture now !!

and after all, i'm always(like lots of you audiofreaks!!) looking for much tools that i really need!!

thx
bosone

Post by bosone »

Look at http://www.dsound1.com
they have a thing called RT player: it's a standalone ASIO in/out app that can load Vst instruments and plugins.
too bad they don't sell it alone, but give away free with some plugins for 200$
bluzz

Post by bluzz »

i checked the RT player. But it seems only usefull to people who sequence with some other prog than Cuabse/Logic or Sonar (with a DXi-VSTi wrapper).

They are talkin about "real time stage perfomance". I don't know a musician who would seriously bring PC on a stage (unless having a second one ready nearby : no one can trust Win98 or ME at home, so on a stage !!!).

However i can't see any bonus for Pulsar users.

bluzzzz
bosone

Post by bosone »

well, i'm using cakewalk, so with RT player i would be able to use VST plugins and instruments with minimum latency
i see a big use of this program!
bluzz

Post by bluzz »

now that i received my Luna II and get used to its way of working, i understand what you mean : you get better latency by patching an ASIO module for RTplayer as a stand-alone than by using a wrapper to use VSTi directly in Sonar.
And you said that you are using Cakewalk (not Sonar) so it allows you play VSTi (wich you can't with a wrapper as long Cakewalk 9 doesn't support DXi).

sorry for my precedent categoric post!!
bluzz