I'm looking for comments and impressions about GIGASTUDIO 16

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Nestor

Post by Nestor »

I'm looking for comments and impressions about Gigastudio 160

The request is directed to those of you who use Gigastudio as part of your set-up.

A few days ago talking to MeloManiac, I've been very impressed by the fact that you can use so many MIDI channels at once with Gigastudio. So I would like to ask you all a few questions:

Do you think it worth the money? Does it work fine with Pulsar? What about latency? Does it work fine with Akai and Wave Samples? In fact, tell me anything you think a person would like to know when buying a product like that one.

Thanks very much for any given information.
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

This information could be useful for you to know what's the power and of my system:

Pentium III 550. 512 PC100 RAM. 10GBs UDMA IBM 72.000. Pulsar I Plus. Cubase VST 3.7.

Cheers many...
hairbrain

Post by hairbrain »

Do you think it worth the money? Absolutely
Does it work fine with Pulsar? Yes
What about latency? Not noticable 7-9ms
Does it work fine with Akai and Wave Samples? Perfect with WAV files. Good with Akai samples (Chicken Sys make an excellent conversion program)

In fact, tell me anything you think a person would like to know when buying a product like that one. You'll never look back.

Pentium III 550. 512 PC100 RAM. 10GBs UDMA IBM 72.000. Pulsar I Plus. Cubase VST 3.7.

You might need to beef up your processor, but the rest of your system rocks. I have a similar system and I'm getting 120+ polyphony without problems. Sonar is the real king however as I can route each instrument through to DirectX effects... IN REALTIME!

have fun....
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

Cheers Hairbrain for your help!