How good are the new fx & lightwave ?

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Spirit

Post by Spirit »

I'm thinking of getting the ProPack as a New Year's present for myself :smile: but since I already have the STS and ModV2 it really comes down to the mixer, FX and Lightwave. Are the new FX a big step up? And does anyone use the Lightwave ? I can't recall anyone saying a single word about it.... (I'm taking it for granted that the new mixer is very good...)

My alternative gift to me might be the Zarg Ambient... :smile:
garyb

Post by garyb »

worth it for the mixer.the synths are cool.
algorhythm

Post by algorhythm »

lightwave is cool. midi tremelo, the new flangers and delays, and tube emul. stuff are all pretty nice too. and yes, the mixer is the shit :wink:
alfonso

Post by alfonso »

i would go for it, and think that you can sell your double licensed devices. contact cw to know more about.
happy new year, alfonso
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

Thanks for the comments - I think I'll do it ! Is it a big download ? For a while I'm back on a dial-up connection :sad:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Spirit on 2002-01-01 15:22 ]</font>
Gregory

Post by Gregory »

ProPack is already part of 3.0, it just needs a key to unlock it which should show up on your Creamware page as soon as you buy it.
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

Nice! Thanks
Noctulius

Post by Noctulius »

About Lightwave... Do you know Prisma synth? Lightwave is the same synth but with wavetable oscs (I guess the same used in Vectron) and no additional noise generator. Great synth.
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

Interesting. It sort of sounds like Celmo's range. The BassmanIII is the analog machine and the Deep Blue is like the waldorf version. It'll be good to compare them to the Prisma and Lightwave.
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

I was wrong. I was very down on CW when they announced the ProPack. I thought since I already had the STS and the ModV2 that I was paying a second time for stuff I already had. Well, I was, but now I have to agree with CW: the pack is fantastic value anyway.

I bought it mainly for the Pulsar mixer (which I'm struggling a bit with), but the effects and especially the Lightwave synth are fantastic. It's definitely great value.
:smile: :smile:
gemboy

Post by gemboy »

It's the synth polyfonic??
If yes, i dont found the setting of voice??
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

Yes it is poly. Set the number of voice in the same place as all synths (changed in version 3.0): on the very top menu bar, the last item of the right is "devices". Hover your mouse over the top them click on the little picture where you see the number - that's the number of voices.

But be warned, such sonic quality doesn;t come cheap: it's a ravenous all-consuming beat when it comes to DSP hunger. I'd put it right up there with the Zarg Ambient and pro-One in appetite.

It's worth it :wink: