B3 Plugins

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

ronnie

B3 Plugins

Post by ronnie »

First off, I'm not going to exclude dawman from this discussion because I believe he has the definitive solution to getting the B3 nailed but his input here would be valuable based on his Hammond journeys.

But for me that's not really a viable solution (I wi$h it could be). I have to say I do like the Blue3 and the GSI VB3 upgrade demos, but money is tight. I don't have a live Scope setup so I'm limited to CPU hogging VSTS to use on my live rig. I have a really nice Scope setup in my modest little home studio fully integrated via audio and ADAT.

For my money, the B2003, when tweaked right sounds just as good or better than any of these except maybe the leslie which I can route the B2003 through. True the interface is old and not as easy or full of eye-candy. Maybe there already is a thread on this but I just want to get some feedback on this again.

PS: July 17 was my 19 year anniversary with Scope. The only older pieces of gear I own and still use are the Radial motorized mixer, a 1987 Korg DSM (still awaiting the legendary upgrade from guess who) and a 1985 Roland MKB-300 keyboard controller. I still have an Alpha Syntauri but it's nicely packed away in the original box, but that's another discussion.
"I’ve come to the conclusion that synths are like potatoes, they’re no good raw—you’ve got to cook ‘em, and I cooked these sounds for months before I got them to the point where they sounded musical to me." Lyle Mays
astroman

Re: B3 Plugins

Post by astroman »

why not get a 2nd hand Pulsar/Scope card and plug it into your live rig ? (unless the latter is a laptop...)
ronnie

Post by ronnie »

Laptop!
"I’ve come to the conclusion that synths are like potatoes, they’re no good raw—you’ve got to cook ‘em, and I cooked these sounds for months before I got them to the point where they sounded musical to me." Lyle Mays
astroman

Post by astroman »

I've got an original CD on the Native Instruments B4 (first version) that actually got only a short test use.
Bought my Pulsar One soon after and never needed the B4 :D
Don't think it's worth selling, so you can have it or trade something or whatever...
ronnie

Post by ronnie »

Thanks! I actually have all the NI versions of that and they are not bad at all. Really an XITE would solve it!