Sync seq24 pulsar2 and vcv rack

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

flowerboy79

Sync seq24 pulsar2 and vcv rack

Post by flowerboy79 »

Hi is it a way to sync pulsar2 seq24 and vcv rack on a single clock so that when you press play on seq24 vcvrack also startsand vice versa??thnx in advance
risan

Re: Sync seq24 pulsar2 and vcv rack

Post by risan »

I am also interested in this post as I have the cherry modular system and would love to figure a way to send triggers between it and the scope modular.
Spielraum

Post by Spielraum »

flowerboy79 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:33 am to sync pulsar2 seq24 and vcv rack on a single clock so that when you press play on seq24 vcvrack also startsand vice versa??thnx in advance
pulsar only thru-pipe?
audio?
midi?

## the specifications are needed
set source-links to find more system-details
scope sync
midi timecode
midi clock
sync
transport link
vst link
rewire
sample clock
gate trigger to midi
|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅] Lange Welle ~ Mittelwelle ~ Kurze Welle ~ Ultra Kurze Welle
Scope Sandbox soundcloud ~ youtube ~ bc modular-guide° ~ modules-SR
at0m

Post by at0m »

flowerboy79 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:33 am Hi is it a way to sync pulsar2 seq24 and vcv rack on a single clock so that when you press play on seq24 vcvrack also startsand vice versa??thnx in advance
From what I can tell, seq24 can only be clock master on Windows. On Debian, i can have it run with jack's clock and transport, but i see no such option on the version i installed for Windows. So, to set Seq24 as master, go to Menu > File > Options and set a Scope MIDI port to output clock to: enable the "On (mod)" for the Scope MIDI device number of your choice. The "On (pos)" sends MTC afaik, clock with song position pointer, and I doubt VCV will be able to use that.

For vcvrack i don't find a version that i can install on XP, so couldn't try. If you have it running, see if it can slave to midi clock, then select a Scope MIDI port for clock source.

Then in Scope OS, connect the Sequencer MIDI Source set in seq24 to the Sequencer MIDI Dest set in VCVrack. Press play in seq24 and your VCV should be clock sync'd.

PS: On debian, i use seq64 instead of seq24. It is a continuation from seq24, but has much more features. Again, I don't find an installer for seq64 for XP. Worth a try on Win7 and beyond though, IMO.
more has been done with less
https://soundcloud.com/at0m-studio
at0m

Post by at0m »

risan wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:20 am I am also interested in this post as I have the cherry modular system and would love to figure a way to send triggers between it and the scope modular.
If only for triggers, I'd use MIDI, which is pretty standard. Not sure how cherry modular goes about its audio IO and CV, but yea why not send modulation signals over ASIO back and forth between Scope modular and cherry modular, if the latter supports CV via audio ports.
more has been done with less
https://soundcloud.com/at0m-studio