Scope PCI & Xite

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

fraz

Scope PCI & Xite

Post by fraz »

Hi,

Does Scope with the PCI cards and Xite - with Scope 5.1 & 7 work "just fine" with Windows 7 32 & 64 "WITHOUT ANY WINDOWS UPDATES?"

Just a quick query to make sure -
nebelfuerst

Re: Scope PCI & Xite

Post by nebelfuerst »

I run scope 7 ( 5.1 before) on Win7-32 with PAE-Patch. No windowsupdates since 5 years.
never change a running systems. the updates usually bring more spying functions and restrictions.
\\\ *** l 0 v e | X I T E *** ///
fraz

Post by fraz »

Good to know it works.

What is PAE patch? (I'll look it up as well)-but an explanation won't hurt!
nebelfuerst

Post by nebelfuerst »

PAE allowes to use up to 64GB on 32 bit windows.
Unfortunately, nvidia drivers won't work after a certain date.
This way I can use 16GB on Win7-32, which is a nice combination of running legacy software and virtual machines, too.
( But scope isn't that memory hungry, that you need PAE on a pure scope-machine.)
fraz

Post by fraz »

Just did a quick Google - physical address extension - is this it? - Where do you get this from? - not good nVidia doesn't work I've got some GT710's.

How about Radeon? - And where to get PAE from or how to? - I've not heard of this
garyb

Post by garyb »

some nVidia cards have win10 drivers, some don't.
nebelfuerst

Post by nebelfuerst »

PAE is only needed for 32 bit. ( which is nice, if you want to use some legacy SW)
A famous patch tool ( for earlier Win7-kernels was 4GB-RAMPatch-Multilingual-12.7.2010.exe ).

All Win7-32 could handle up to 64GB, but M$ limited the usable RAM to 2GB (home) and 4GB ( prof).
For the server-versions of Win7-32, the limit is not programmed. These tools just remove the limit for the not-server-versions.

Nvidia bugged their later drivers ( or they don't test on PAE-kernels). The latest driver, which works is 332.21-desktop-win8-win7-winvista-32bit-international-whql.exe.

If you want to use Win10, I recommend https://www.winprivacy.de/. This tool removes most of the spyware and allows to disable auto-updates.
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

Thanks for the link to winprivacy ! Didn't know that, very useful to get rid of all W10 M$ shitty stuff !

Excellent ! :)
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
fraz

Post by fraz »

Oh thanks for the info

I've got Win 7 SP 1 - Is this OK for the PAE? (i plan to use 32 bit on scope anyway) _I know you mentioned "early" versions of Win 7, maybe SP1 is too late?
nebelfuerst

Post by nebelfuerst »

Although you have to respect, that there's no official support for this from M$, there is hope. :D
See attached screenshot for my combination. ( unpatched systems show something like 3.5GB, no matter how much RAM there is.)
Attachments
Clipboard01.jpg
Clipboard01.jpg (25.8 KiB) Viewed 3737 times
fraz

Post by fraz »

Oh that is good news......

I'll check out the link you provided - but how easy is this to do? - Is it just a simple install? - What I'm asking is, is there any digging around the registry or file systems perfoming all sorts of crazy things just to get it to work? - I hope not.

If it's EZ then this will be very good.