3rd party plugins S|C

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

fraz

3rd party plugins S|C

Post by fraz »

Hi,

Just looking at some of the 3rd party plugins on S|C website - Such as DNA although there are others. Do the plugins need to be tied to a particular interface such as PCI card or Xite?

I figure probably yes = :( - In case of Xite it's not a problem as I only have 1 Xite as long as all the plugs work with Xite-1.

For the PCI cards I've got a few of these now but can't buy separate licenses for all the PCI cards just not possible =- :)

But it would be good to be able to use them on any PCI card as and when they need to be used - If this isn't possible the best course of action is to stick them on the Xite.

Any info please =- :)
valis

Re: 3rd party plugins S|C

Post by valis »

You would only need to tie them to 1 device in a system, with the PCI cards all in 1 system. If you split the cards up between systems, 1 license per system (on any given card) will let the software load.

If you tie them to the Xite, I would assume that it's similar to the PCI cards in that it will only work on that system. I don't own an Xite however.
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

valis wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:19 pm You would only need to tie them to 1 device in a system, with the PCI cards all in 1 system. If you split the cards up between systems, 1 license per system (on any given card) will let the software load.

If you tie them to the Xite, I would assume that it's similar to the PCI cards in that it will only work on that system. I don't own an Xite however.
Well, SCOPE PCI for all the cards in one machine where 1 card is the "master card".
SCOPE XITE for XITE.
That, in general, also rules for all the other device-keys I think.

Now, when you own the same SCOPE version for both, the PCI card(s) and XITE,- and have a collection of devices on p.ex. XITE which you now want for the PCI system also,- isn´t it possible transfering all you own for XITE (or PCI) over to the other system, paying some "key transfer" fee and w/ the result using all on both systems then ?

:)

Bud
fraz

Post by fraz »

Yes having the codes limited to ONE audio device is not too good - A challenge and response or dongle (iLok/syncrosoft) would be better - but hey better still would be NO protection at all - after all Scope Xite & PCI cards are very NICHE market and there are not a lot in circulation so PIRACY shouldn't be an issue should it?

I mean people have to have hardware to use the software in the 1st place.

When I bought a Scope Pro ADAT version (24 I/O) the owner very kindly donated a 3 DSP board as well !!! - So I've got maybe 10 or so PCI cards so it would be good if something could be arranged for use on all of these if need be (but not at the same time)....

I know Garyb mentioned plugins (S|C are not transferable) but how about the 3rd party plugins ------

We here with Scope / Xite are not software bootleggers !!!
garyb

Post by garyb »

all plugin keys are transferable. Scope keys(v4, v5, v7) are not.

the key belongs to the hardware, not the user. that's how Scope was designed.
fraz

Post by fraz »

garyb wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:04 pm all plugin keys are transferable. Scope keys(v4, v5, v7) are not.

the key belongs to the hardware, not the user. that's how Scope was designed.
OK, now we're cookin :) - What we're talking about here is the 3rd party plugs-NOT "Scope Fusion Platform"-So is transferable - good!
It would be great if the users could do this via an APP utility - ???

Maybe you could explain how S|C do this? - Maybe with an APP - ? - If we could have this we could transfer our own plugins etc....without having to hassle/contact S|C

It wouldn't be a problem currently because S|C is trading nicely

Some of the 3rd party plugs look very good
valis

Post by valis »

An app will not work with the current copy protection system, and tying the registration to the board via functions implemented in the hardware does indeed protect what remains of Sonic|Core's revenue streams imho. I would rather Holger remain employed than facilitate ease of moving our licenses around, personally. I can understand your desire to see Scope work more like other modern software systems with easier licensing mechanisms, but I would like to see Scope 7.1 with other fixes as a priority over that personally.
djmicron

Post by djmicron »

Syncrosoft and ilok like protection is pretty annoying to many musicians and it makes sense when the software is running on the native cpu and operating system. Scope plug-ins are based on the hardware serial number, if you have XIte, the plug-ins are registered for that XIte hardware, if you have multiple pci boards, you have to chose one of them to register the plug-ins on. When you need to transfer licenses, you can ask support. I remember at the time of CW Audio, Ralf allowed me to transfer some licences between different pci boards, but the process is not instant, because first you have to de-activate the license on the actual board with a specific tool that will change the hardware serial number and will make all licences unusable, then you have to send the new serial number back to support to obtain the new registration codes, but the one you need to transfer to a different board and once done, you'll get the new registration code for the new board. A self automated tool, should allow the user to generate new licences which is not a smart idea. After all Scope is not a consumeristic product, we don't get everyday notifications about new products and we are not forced to change anything in our set up like it happens on most of the audio brands and we are not affected by G.A.S. syndrome like the others. Once you have registered your licenses you can go ahead for years and stay focused on your music.
nebelfuerst

Post by nebelfuerst »

As I have two PCs with Scope ( one for messing with the SDK and one for production ), it's a slight disadvantage, that the plugins are locked to hardware instead of my person. On the other hand, I really hate those online-activation-stuff, as I always fear that the license-server will dissappear ( which already happened to me ;( )
Dongles are nice, if you can backup the dongle somehow.
So the S|C way is ok, but not ideal for me. I have to trust, that gary & holger will help me out at some future day, when my primary scope will die and all keys need to be ported to the backup system.
\\\ *** l 0 v e | X I T E *** ///