Scope Using 96k

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

Scope Using 96k

Post by dawman »

Who here is seeing noticeable benefits in 96k?

I’m down to just mixing now and external FX.
Would 96k be s good move?
I’ve got tons of headroom, and would Scope 7 be better for this or is Scope 5 better suited?
Not sure what the new drivers do for us, especially if I’m using the Z Link modules and an A16U...

Ankyu
dante

Re: Scope Using 96k

Post by dante »

I've been using 96KHZ since Jan 2015. Must admit its hard to hear the difference but its there (even when baked down to MP3). I use it in conjunction with LCR mixing and compression on every track is easy using the Reason SSL. So 96Khz + LCR + SSL + Scope mastering = Sonic Bliss - which means better separation of elements/depth within the mix.
dawman

Post by dawman »

I tried today and just for live use not much difference except in samples, kind of cleaner @ 96k/64 samples, but load times are painfully long.
I will try again for mixing/recording and mastering.

Thanks Senior Scope Rise
Cheerz
dante

Post by dante »

Know what you mean about load times. Mainly when using Kontakt (Shreddage) when a Reason project loads up - takes about a minute then once everything is loaded into RAM all good.

Not sure about Live - but for recording, I remember back in the 90's recording Glennie Van Howards glorious guitar solos and various hot vocalists at 22khz which I regretted later. Modern technologies like PsyQ can add some brightness/harmonics back, but doesn't compare to a hi-res Rode II Classic capture @96. So for preservation of great performances yes 96Khz taxes the system but in 5 years time when systems eat 96Khz for breakfast I can rework this stuff and be glad of recording it @ higher sample rate back now.