One Year Later...

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

krizrox

One Year Later...

Post by krizrox » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:54 am

Ya ok so I bought V7 when it came out almost a year ago. Installed it, played with it for about 5 minutes, until I realized I couldn't clock the darn thing from my A16 at which point I uninstalled it from my system and went back to V5.

Can I get my money back? Asking for a friend.

dawman

Re: One Year Later...

Post by dawman » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:58 am

Damn, I was just finishing up programming an A16U on V5 using Z-Link A/B loving the sound of hardware synths and SHARC DSP based Strymon Pedals.
I was going to try Scope 7 since it’s installed and working, but haven’t tried it with the A 16 and Z-Link yet.
Hope this isn’t like this using ASRock Rack Workstation Boards.

petal

Post by petal » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:09 am

XITE Z-link + A16 Ultra works on Scope 7.0

What krizrox needs is to clock his system (through BNC if I recall correctly) from his A16. That option is bugged on scope 7.0.

krizrox

Post by krizrox » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:17 am

Right. I shoulda mentioned the BNC thing.

Nothing to do with Z-Link although in a round about way it does. I started out with Z-Link - from day one all the way back to the Pulsar cards. It wasn't until I got XITE and had problems with Z-Link that I switched over to ADAT and A16 as master clock. I was really just trying to solve a sync problem but found this huge improvement by running Scope in slave mode with A16 providing master clock thru BNC