Who wants to see famous Holger face ?

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

JoPo

Who wants to see famous Holger face ?

Post by JoPo »

1° time I see him !
http://www.hrastprogrammer.com/hrastwerk/hrastbook.htm

From right to left: John, Holger and Hrast :

Good news for Solaris if you read all and last John Bowen news !
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
dawman

Re: Who wants to see famous Holger face ?

Post by dawman »

Holger is liking his Beer.
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

Certainly croatian beer ! :)
t_tangent

Post by t_tangent »

Yes, Holger with John Bowen and Željko Hrastovčak. Jopo did you try Tranzistow VSTi, its a very powerful synth. Not easy to get one's head around at first, but after you understand its workflow and modular structure it then becomes quite straightforward. If you fancy trying it out and need some help, let me know as I have spent some time using it now. Just recently got hold of a touchscreen laptop that my niece wasnt using, so wanted to try it with Tranzistow since the gui was designed with touch control in mind, and it's a lot of fun.
dante

Post by dante »

I don't know if I saw the right pic but the GUI of Tranzistow doesn't seem intuitive - more like a development gui. Such a great engine deserves a modern GUI and DSP processing (whether soft/hard). Get to it JB/Holger !
t_tangent

Post by t_tangent »

I hear where you are coming from Dante, and it's probably the main reason why people are put off using Tranzistow. I came across Tranzistow earlier this year while following some links for the John Bowen Solaris, and noticed John's positive comments about HrastProgrammer's music and his synths. I was intrigued so on further reading I found that Tranzistow was available as an almost fully working demo with a few caveats. There is a full multitimbral version available but not for sale primarily because Hrast designed Tranzistow for himself but it is available by first creating a bunch of presets...see the pdf on his website for more info. These are then also available to other users on top of the several thousand prests already available. Anyway, call me bloody minded, but the stubborn streak in me was determined to get passed the GUI and learn how to use this synth. In fact I would even go so far as to say this forced me to get back to synthesis basics again rather than just relying on presets created by others which I kind of got used to out of sheer laziness.

There are some other threads around but here's a useful one if you want to read others views

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/electro ... -demo.html

So yes it's not for everyone I guess because of the gui layout, but I can say it was worth the effort for me as this synth sounds incredible and it's pretty much meant that I have no need for other Native instruments or fx....almost :) At the moment just trying out DragonSF's HarmGen which is interesting, and of course I also use Scope devices and hardware.

But yes it is really encouraging to see that John Bowen has seen value in Hrast's work and asked him to join the Solaris team, and all the more so as I am on the waiting list for the upcoming production...looking forward to that :)
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

Mmm.. For the moment, I'm facing to some health troubles, so, no music... And I hope to fly to Greece on thursday ! If everything goes like I wish.
t_tangent

Post by t_tangent »

Sorry to hear that Jopo. I wish you a speedy recovery and hope you do manage to get to Greece. Get well soon.
garyb

Post by garyb »

yes, get well soon.
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

I wonder if Hrast, as a DSP coder, will not only be part of the Solaris development team and might be involved in SCOPE programming too.
Yes / No ?

:)

Bud
petal

Post by petal »

I have been thinking in the same lines of thoughts, if this is Solaris news, what is Holger actually doing in that picture? :)
valis

Post by valis »

A good deal of the initial design was done in tandem with SonicCore, and I believe they'll be playing a major role in the version of Solaris that is forthcoming that I will allow John to speak about (teasers but no details from me).
petal

Post by petal »

Yeah, I know that SonicCore was involved with the development of Solaris, but I thought that the development on the Solaris was now "only" software updates?

Also, I couldn't resist a little blissful speculation about future updates for Scope :)
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

petal wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:40 pm ... but I thought that the development on the Solaris was now "only" software updates?
No ... see 1st post ... http://forums.johnbowen.com/viewtopic.p ... 746#p22746

Bud
petal

Post by petal »

OK, I see. Holgers presence in that picture makes more sense to me now then. I guess one can still hope, that future Scope updates will benefit from development made for these new versions of Solaris.
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

petal wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:04 am I guess one can still hope, that future Scope updates will benefit from development made for these new versions of Solaris.
And I hope SCOPE 7.1 developement has high priority over J.B.Solaris,- even I´m interested in the 1HU "blackbox" rack-unit too.

Every day, I´m waiting for announcement of SCOPE 7.1 arriving incl. working BNC wordclock and other bug-fixes.

Bud
Music Manic

Post by Music Manic »

How many Sonic Core users are there now?
Last edited by Music Manic on Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xite Knight v2.0

Post by Xite Knight v2.0 »

Bud Weiser wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:06 am
Every day, I´m waiting for announcement of SCOPE 7.1 arriving incl. working BNC wordclock
+1
robinette

Post by robinette »

Xite Knight v2.0 wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:16 pm
Bud Weiser wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:06 am
Every day, I´m waiting for announcement of SCOPE 7.1 arriving incl. working BNC wordclock
+1
+2
garyb

Post by garyb »

don't tell each other. write to SC.