Scope mastering vs iZotope Ozone 8

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

fidox

Scope mastering vs iZotope Ozone 8

Post by fidox »

Hi !
I'm mixing, mastering... everything more or less in Scope.
I'm testing now iZotope Ozone 8 standard edition , it's 3 days free full working program, before i must decide to purchase or not.
Does anyone of you have any experiences with Ozone 8 ?
Is it worth to buy it ?
Maybe it's more precise or at least i can see more graphic movement while mixing and so on :)
Do you think it's enough to work further with Scope appplications, like Optimaster and others ?
Any tip or you opinion would be appreciated :)

Best
Music Manic

Re: Scope mastering vs iZotope Ozone 8

Post by Music Manic »

Scope is very good in this respect. A few plugins but absolutely great. Never tried ozone though but I’ve heard it’s evolved onto a respected plugin.
garyb

Post by garyb »

good product.
not needed imo.
fidox

Post by fidox »

Thanks for your answers !
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

IMHO, Izotope makes the best Native plugins. I love ChannelStrips and Izotope are the very best at Channelstrips with their gui layout, workflow, and flexibility/many control parameters. You might can find some other Native plugins that are sold individually and not in channelstrips wich sound a bit better than izotope but when I look at the whole tncluding soundquality/workflow/price/flexibility/copy-protection/etc ratio I don't think izotope can be beaten by other Native plugins.

That said, dNa is a SCOPE developers who' plugins are not as flexible as izotope's BUT they sound better on most fronts. dNa's eq's and compressors sound better and they still have enough flexibility. Izotope are super strong when it comes to Limiters, transient designers, gates. and a few others, and izotopes eq may not sound the best but it sounds good and is one of the most flexible. dNa definitely sound better with eq, compression, modulation, etc , the very basic general use effects When it come to common-use effects I think dNa is the best out here or at least amongs the best and the dNa plugins are flexible and have modular-channelstrips, multiband masterubg plugins with multiple algorithms, creative multi-effector wich is Optimus Prime and a collection of single algorithm/category plugins. dNa has a VERY impressive collection of plugins for SCOPE and they are amongs the best sounding out here if not the best IMO.

In conclusion, if I could only own one dNa or izotope I'd quickly choose dNa. If you're only going after need then dNa and other SCOPE plugins are more than enough. But if you like the workflow and security that comes from having both Native and SCOPE then both izotope and dNa are a great Tandem and really good dynamic-duo :) . I think computers are too powerfull to not take advanvage of Native and IMO izotope overall are the best that Native has to offer (T-RackS is pretty special too). If I only went after what I needed then dNa would be my choice but if I wanted more in workflow, convenience, flexibility, sonic variety, and even better sound on some fronts then I'd get both Native izotope and SCOPE's dNa/Spacef/etc. Both is what I did get and have and would not want to be without.

EDITED
fidox

Post by fidox »

Thanks Sounddesigner for your detailed answer and comparsion.
Currently i'm just using Graphic EQ, Psy Q, Optimaster.
I was looking already for dNa plugins, maybe i'll get dNa mastering bundle for a start , on other hand, i like to work with vst plugins too.
I'm more like semi-pro artist, music is my first love , beside photography, but money is the key here, like always :)
I can get Ozone 8 thru , rent-to-own option, so in a long term it's little easier for me and i have already tried 3 days trial full version option.
It was cool, maybe too much of everything for a start, but anyway, it's cool design , also with reference track help and so on...