Scope 7 Windows 10

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

Scope 7 Windows 10

Post by dawman »

Is there any explanation why Scope 7 works with every chipset/CPU/Mobo now, and didn’t using Scope 5.1?
Was it just new drivers for Windows 10?

Ankyu
garyb

Re: Scope 7 Windows 10

Post by garyb »

yes. new drivers that meet the new requirements for the new hardware that really requires win10.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Thanks GB.
Hope your foots better, and hope you and your lady are enjoying your new place.

Guess because I still have a Spare Z97 and spare CPU/Mobo for that it will stay on 8.1.

Time for 7/10 and my new new live build.
Just waiting for a high binned 8086k delidded.

Hey, you got time for a build?
garyb

Post by garyb »

shore!
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

SonicCore stated they did a lot of under-the-hood work with this version 7 upgrade, wich I think was the main point of it. It has compatibility and optimization for Windows 10, as well as better hardware drivers and improved Asio drivers. The dsp load-balancing has been improved as well. Eventho I bought SCOPE 7 when it was released I still have not installed it yet cause I'd rather finish some Projects first with v5, but the under-the-hood work looks to be VERY significant from all that I've read. Below is a quote from SonicCore's website about version 7.

QUOTE " Masterpieces of brilliant Sound

One of the main points we have focused on in SCOPE Application v7 and SCOPE SDK v7 is compatibility and optimizations related to Windows 10. The Hardware Driver, ASIO and DSP system layers have been adapted and improved, as well as the resource management. As initial releases of a new common codebase, v7 is the starting point for further development and comming updates." END QUOTE

PS. I'm happy there is several new plugins in SCOPE V7 and look forward to future plugins wich is immensely important BUT the main thing I personally wanted this upgrade was under-the-hood work and some bug-fixes and it looks like some major under-the-hood work was done as well as a new codebase for developing future versions. A lot of work was done by S|C with this new v7 upgrade, I can't wait to use it in the future when I finish some current Projects.
dawman

Post by dawman »

I shall contact you soon GaryB.
Looking forward to a new Scope 7 W10 Rig.

Hurry up and finish your projects SDesigner.
Chingalay
Music Manic

Post by Music Manic »

How are the PCI cards working under Windows 10 with you guys? Is there a certain build that's better are is the standard Windows 10 ok?
fidox

Post by fidox »

Music Manic wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:02 am How are the PCI cards working under Windows 10 with you guys? Is there a certain build that's better are is the standard Windows 10 ok?
Working just fine.
I have 2 computer builds with 3 x pci cards quite some time.
Windows 10 64bit Pro and Windows 10 64bit Home.
Pro is with Scope 7 installed and Home wiht 5.1 Scope version installed.
I don't have any problems with any of those 2 computers.
Also i have both computer connected via Adat and S/PDIF + 2 x cubase to run both computers at the same time.
astroman

Post by astroman »

sorry for dropping a stupid question (too lazy to wade through all that M$ online stuff)...
If I get one of those modern superflyers that require Win-10, install Scope 7 and after that disconnect it from the net:
will it continue to work without contact to it's mothership or throw the towel one day ?
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

Sorry... I don't come on Z very often at the moment...
dawman wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:37 am Scope 7 works with every chipset/CPU/Mobo now
Am I reading correctly ?? Can I buy any new pc and be sure it will work well ?

Is the, anyway, some modern chipset that is better for my Xite ?
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

I've got another question to people who are on W10 64bits... Did you update your W7 installation and if you did, was it without any bad surprise ? Or would you advice me to make a completly fresh install ? (Please, tell me a fresh install is not needed ! Since W7, apparently, it's useless and one can even take his system HD and put it on a completly new & different MB and windows will work. Never tried but I read that)
garyb

Post by garyb »

i can never figure out what some people do to mess up installations, but it happens.
you can usually update win7 to win10 without problems. your mileage may vary.

yes, you can take the win10 installation and move it to another mb, but that can be tricky. there are steps or apps that will help.

the XITE seems good on all chipsets that have been tried. PCI cards work just about everywhere as well.
valis

Post by valis »

I have migrated several machines from Win7 to Win10. The machines that went through this migration were either family or friend computers, where I had little incentive to rebuild everything from ground zero. All of these machines are still functioning fine, and aside from things that will be noted here in our forums (Live 8 & ASIO issues for instance) there has been little impact.

Personally, I always enjoy the opportunity to start fresh on a new install. In the Win2000/XP era it was necessary to do this once or twice a year, and the system always showed a marked improvement in responsiveness. Since the advent of Win7, I have averaged about every 2 years, and that seems to hold true for Win10. My reasons have less to do with overall bloat and clutter under Win10 however, for while those are still issues they seem to impact the responsiveness of the system much less than in years past. My reasons now simply have to do with bringing as much of my work (graphics, music and otherwise) to a point of closure and 'resetting' all of my workflows and software to a known-good base state before undertaking the next year or so's worth of work. This includes everything from making an assessment of all my installers, serials and software packages so that I know what I need to keep around/what is current/what i useless to me moving forward...to backing up media (photos, videos, etc) that collect in the due course of my work and play onto archival media.

Also this interplays well with how I handle backups on each machine: I tend to image first initial install, then my 'known good' base install once I know that is 100% stable, THEN I migrate away from the drive or partition that has my 'current working' install (this allows me to spend days to weeks or more testing and building new installations without sacrificing work). You'll note in the previous statement that I do a new install on a NEW drive or partition, alongside my current install so I can continue working. Once I have a solid base install and shift over to that for work, it's at that point that I begin incremental updates on a totally separate backup drive...so that my original 'known good' install 'image' is still around if needed. Offsite backups are critical as well! I've supported myself and my family for 2 decades now with this workflow, and it works well on Windows, Mac and Linux/BSD. This also means if necessary I can bring up previous versions of an install on a VM in the event I need to restore certain critical files or etc, to get a current install working fast (I've had critical failures in the middle of a project before and this is a huge aid, though I may still do further 'fixes' once I close out that project).

Some things to think about, with the caveat that your upgrade should do just fine too.
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

garyb wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:25 am i can never figure out what some people do to mess up installations, but it happens.
you can usually update win7 to win10 without problems. your mileage may vary.

yes, you can take the win10 installation and move it to another mb, but that can be tricky. there are steps or apps that will help.

the XITE seems good on all chipsets that have been tried. PCI cards work just about everywhere as well.
Very good news ! :)

valis wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:24 am I have migrated several machines from Win7 to Win10. The machines that went through this migration were either family or friend computers, where I had little incentive to rebuild everything from ground zero. All of these machines are still functioning fine, and aside from things that will be noted here in our forums (Live 8 & ASIO issues for instance) there has been little impact.

Personally, I always enjoy the opportunity to start fresh on a new install. In the Win2000/XP era it was necessary to do this once or twice a year, and the system always showed a marked improvement in responsiveness. Since the advent of Win7, I have averaged about every 2 years, and that seems to hold true for Win10.
I read that since W7, windows handles the registry much better and stuff like ccleaner are not useful as before. I need a bigger system SSD and as soon as I've got it, I'll update to W10.

Thanks a lot !
dawman

Post by dawman »

Can I install Scope 7 on my current Live PC just to see if it works?
And if not continue using old Scope 5 and Windows 8.1...

Ankyu
Music Manic

Post by Music Manic »

dawman wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:35 pm Can I install Scope 7 on my current Live PC just to see if it works?
And if not continue using old Scope 5 and Windows 8.1...

Ankyu
If you install scope 7 to a separate folder you can always uninstall it and your settings will be the same. I’m not sure if version 5 will work with version 7 drivers, I haven’t tested that, but if it does you could use both versions without having to change them.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Ankyu.

Everything went smooth as silk.

Only one bug I found so far, no Routing Window view that can be clicked off and on as a screenset.
No problemo, settings/routing window.

Looks nice loads quicker it seems.

Nice work Holger and others.
SCOPE FUCKING 7.jpg
SCOPE FUCKING 7.jpg (224.23 KiB) Viewed 4904 times
Music Manic

Post by Music Manic »

I found dragging the stock effect delay into the main page crashes Scope.im not sure if other scope effects do. I will test them. As a mixer insert it works fine.
I would like to use effects between asio channels and the mixer sometimes. Maybe they can fix that bug
Music Manic

Post by Music Manic »

Btw Jimmy what do you think of dNa’s Multicomp? What a beast eh?
dawman

Post by dawman »

Music Manic wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:01 pm Btw Jimmy what do you think of dNa’s Multicomp? What a beast eh?
I use some high end RCF TT08A powered speakers.
Use to use BX Digital Mono Maker to focus my low end better, but these 8 inch cabinets don’t even need the Sub I bought.
So I added the dNa MultiComp to my Mix Outs.
All of my channels and Master Out on my RoyT Mixer are set to -6db, my RCF Cabs Sound best maxed out.
So using the input and output of MultiComp to control volume and add M/S, EQ and Compression was a blast.
The quality of audio is impressive.
My latest synth a custom made Studio Electronics Code 8 OD along with the SE-02s is so big and fat it’ll make you cry.

I couldn’t be happier.
I’ll share the new PC and new rig here probably next week.
I’m only using a single Physis K4 now to cover everything.
Most most powerful rig I ever had.
The Hammond B3/Leslie 122 emulation and analog synths are just so satisfying.

Can’t wait for Labor Day @ Lake Tahoe.
Big outdoor array on a large stage/amphitheater on the Lake.
They’re going to hear the fattest bastards around.....

Ankyu