Jackaudio, Voicemeeter. Soundflower...

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

robinette

Jackaudio, Voicemeeter. Soundflower...

Post by robinette »

Hi.

Actually I'm not looking for software that sends audio between applications.
The title softwares I think they do that precisely.
What I'm looking for is sending audio from one audio interface to another through its drivers.
The software must be able to see the drivers of two (or more) audio interfaces. You must be able to take the audio from an audio interface and take it to another audio interface with different driver. Voicemeeter Banana is able to do it, but it is limited to 8 I/O and I need 32 I/O.

The idea is to work in Scope with Xite-1 but go out to external table through an Orion 32. As we know Orion 32 and Xite-1 only have 16 I/O through ADAT and it would be necessary to have 32 I/O available .
Discard using A16 Ultra and zlink. Zlink is a discontinued protocol and I will not invest in it.

It does not seem that Soniccore plans to expand Xite through XTDM with MADI, Dante, AVB ... so I'm thinking of another alternative via software.

Any other alternative?

Greetings.
robinette

Re: Jackaudio, Voicemeeter. Soundflower...

Post by robinette »

No one?
DragonSF

Post by DragonSF »

What drivers are you talking about? Low level like system device driver or something between ASIO and that?
dante

Post by dante »

bidule ?
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

Except Banana is the only one I know able to link 2 audio interfaces. I too am looking for such a application.
Odeus is able to do it if you send to it the 2° audio interface signal via ethernet.
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
robinette

Post by robinette »

dante wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:00 pmbidule ?
It does not look like Bidule does what I need.
I do not require processing, just routing.
But the routing must be done between ASIO drivers of two different audio interfaces.

As I said before, the idea is to work in Scope with Xite-1 but go out to the external table through an Orion 32. As we know, Orion 32 and Xite-1 only have 16 I/O through ADAT and it would be necessary to have 32 I/O available.

For this I am trying to find a software capable of communicating the ASIO driver of an interface with the I/O of another different interface.

Voicemeeter Banana can route only 8 I/O. I need 32 I/O.

Greetings.
robinette

Post by robinette »

JoPo wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:19 am Except Banana is the only one I know able to link 2 audio interfaces. I too am looking for such a application.
Odeus is able to do it if you send to it the 2° audio interface signal via ethernet.
Odeus works with a single ASIO driver. Does not link to another ASIO driver.
You can transmit multichannel audio through ethernet but it might be necessary another Windows PC to link the audio coming through ethernet with the ASIO driver of the other audio interface.
A lot of trouble.

Greetings.
garyb

Post by garyb »

because of how ASIO works, it's unlikely that you will find what you want in this way. drivers connect hardware to software, never hardware to hardware, and ASIO requires that the app be locked to the driver. locking to two drivers would probably be a fairly problematic thing to do. find an A16 Ultra and use ADAT and Analog for 32 channels is likely to be the only viable solution. you might be able to connect to a Dante interface via a LAN connection...
robinette

Post by robinette »

garyb wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:18 pm because of how ASIO works, it's unlikely that you will find what you want in this way. drivers connect hardware to software, never hardware to hardware, and ASIO requires that the app be locked to the driver. locking to two drivers would probably be a fairly problematic thing to do.
Well... Actually Voicemeeter manages to route two ASIO drivers and therefore two different hardware. The limitation is that it only does it with 8 channels and I need 32.
As I said before, I have an Orion 32 interface, and not an A16 Ultra.
The only way I can think of to connect them is through MADI if Soniccore has the idea to use the XTDM port of Xite. Either this or doing it through software (as I am considering in this thread).

Greetings.
garyb

Post by garyb »

robinette, i understand your dilema.
if there was a MADI option, it would replace Z-Link, and i'm all for that. i'd love to see a Dante option as well, but neither exists at this time.

the other solution is more pricey, but since you insist on a pricey AD/DA, maybe that's not the end of the world. both of these format converters offer matrix routing and MADI to ADAT:
https://ferrofish.com/en/products/verto-series/
http://www.rme-audio.de/en/products/adi_648.php
robinette

Post by robinette »

garyb wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:54 am robinette, i understand your dilema.
if there was a MADI option, it would replace Z-Link, and i'm all for that. i'd love to see a Dante option as well, but neither exists at this time.

the other solution is more pricey, but since you insist on a pricey AD/DA, maybe that's not the end of the world. both of these format converters offer matrix routing and MADI to ADAT:
https://ferrofish.com/en/products/verto-series/
http://www.rme-audio.de/en/products/adi_648.php
Thanks. I will continue looking for a software solution.

Greatings.
robinette

Post by robinette »

Still searching... :D
valis

Post by valis »

Orion as your DAW's primary master, route 16 channels of ADAT to & from Scope, and use your i/o in Orion however you want (I presume with that many channels it's at least as flexible as RME cards in this regard). Will this not work?
robinette

Post by robinette »

Thanks for answering Valis.
Actually, as I mentioned above, I need 32 channels.
A greeting.
jpo_midigods

Post by jpo_midigods »

Hi
You always need to use Windows PC to boot Scope hardware and also interface it with Windows libraries and dll, drivers like Asio, PC keyboard, mouse and screen and file managing. Scope is good for DSP, Windows is the default standard for everything else.

You always can do free audio routing on Scope but you will never do easy free routing on Windows.
the reason is Windows its not designed for realtime audio as Scope is.
For external audio routing you always have to go external to Windows. At least in theory...
"MIDI is the languaje of Gods" (anon)
robinette

Post by robinette »

Hi jpo_midigods. Voicemeeter does exactly what I want, but it only does it with 8 channels and I need 32.
If Voicemeeter gets it done, it means it can be done.
It is simply an ASIO bridge. Simple in theory of course.
Regards.
valis

Post by valis »

Dante Via can do this as well (as a licensed version technically works even without a Dante supporting device connected to the network), but you're still going to find limitations with Scope.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Bidule instances IIRC.
Also, I have several modded converters, unmodded and stock. ZLink is dead but only if unattainable.
Had mine for live gigging, always bouncing around in racks, etc.
Think of the ADAT in the A16U as the reason to purchase, then enjoy the extra ZLink I/O’s.

Seriously I don’t need another but have seen many used for good prices.
32 I/O kit is everywhere now. But the A16U is a serious warrior. Works great with Bidule. 0% live crashing.
No chitty plastic.
robinette

Post by robinette »

dawman wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 3:54 pm Bidule instances IIRC.
I have tried to test Bidule but I can't even open it. Windows 10 gives me blue screenshots (problem with ScopePci.sys).
At the moment I discard it.

dawman wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 3:54 pmAlso, I have several modded converters, unmodded and stock. ZLink is dead but only if unattainable.
Had mine for live gigging, always bouncing around in racks, etc.
Think of the ADAT in the A16U as the reason to purchase, then enjoy the extra ZLink I/O’s.

Seriously I don’t need another but have seen many used for good prices.
32 I/O kit is everywhere now. But the A16U is a serious warrior. Works great with Bidule. 0% live crashing.
No chitty plastic.
I had an A16 Ultra that I ended up selling. It is a normal converter, the bass muddies it a bit and it is not as round in treble as the Orion is.
I have Orion 32 and am trying to find a solution for Orion 32.
I rule out solutions like "Sell the Orion and buy A16". :D

Thanks for the input Dawman. I'll investigate the Bidule anyway. It looks good.

Regards.
Last edited by robinette on Sun May 31, 2020 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
robinette

Post by robinette »

valis wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 12:46 am Dante Via can do this as well (as a licensed version technically works even without a Dante supporting device connected to the network), but you're still going to find limitations with Scope.
I get down to work to see if I get what I want.
I will comment results

Regards