SCOPE / Daw default setup and project

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

TOM.DJ

SCOPE / Daw default setup and project

Post by TOM.DJ »

Hi Guys,

As I use scope in a different way as a couple of years ago, I want to create a NEW default project. And I would like to ask you to share your default Scope projects you use in combination with your ASIO/DAW setup to inspire me and others.

Before I really used scope for synths, mixing and mastering, but now I mostly use it for recording mic's and to grab (and record) sounds from e.g. modular, and synths. Therefore I want to safe as much DSP's for that, but still need to route my audio to my speakers / headphones (separate mix?), to my DAW etc.

Maybe there are some lightweight great (mixer) tools out there I did not yet discover, or forgot about their existence... ;-)

An overview of my current (old) default project is included, I need to optimize it as much as possible to safe DSP.
Thanks for your help and suggestions.
Attachments
Capture3.JPG
Capture3.JPG (219.41 KiB) Viewed 2434 times
Cheers,
Tom

-----------------------------
Create, share and inspire!
-----------------------------

Setup:
Xite1 (PciExpress)
Dell M4800 (i7 3.0GHz - 32GB DDR3)
Win10 x64
Scope V7
Cubase Pro 9.5
RA

Re: SCOPE / Daw default setup and project

Post by RA »

Check the DAW BUNDLE for you mixing purposes and the channelrack for your mic purposes. Dnamusic.nl
Last edited by RA on Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
- We're freaks about gearz and methods -
More on dNa: http://dnamusic.nl
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

For the moment, this my Xite-1 project template (on the left, the hidden large module is the 32 stereo ASIO source and under the 2 ADAT sources) :

But it will certainly change on a near future with Spacef Modular Mixers.

I'm using 2 pc : one more recent with the Xite-1 in which there is the DAW and an older one with my 3 old PCI cards. Xite & PCI cards are linked via ADAT (8 stereo channels), it allows me to use the 13 PCI dsp's for 4 reverbs, that's what you can see at the bottom : aux1 -->6 + MonL/R going to Xite ADAT dest = the 3 PCI cards.
But both PC are also linked via Vienna Ensemble Pro (VEP) to use the ancient PC power for some VST's intrument or fx processors in my DAW.
This configuration : 2 pc with Xite & PCI cards + VEP is awesome !

You can find very useful tips to optimize your Scope system dsp's here :
http://forums.scopeusers.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=34658&
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

just curious, can we see your DSP usage window with that template.

My startup is quite clean. Just basic connections with a STM2448.

Not sure what magic is in the STM mixers but despite their limitations and mono aux out, I find myself always returning to them for my startup simply because they seem to take up virtually no DSP juice.
As a side note I use a lot of Scope synths and delays so chances are some pretty heavy DSP usage during my sessions.
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

@ Yayajohn --->I show you the ame template with the dsp meter on the right.

I opened the 3 multifix where there is some loaded devices + my autoswitch that allows me to automatically switch between pc sounds & all other Xite sound be fore analog output. Just for you to see that there is more stuff than what you see on the project window, that's why the dsp meter shows a certain load, all the other multifx's are empty.

All the notes are now from Faxi's.
dsp load.jpg
dsp load.jpg (361.19 KiB) Viewed 2333 times
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

Thanks Jopo :wink:

That's actually not too bad for all the stuff located on the screen, granted most of the multi fx's are empty but you are right about the DSP allocation flexibility of that setup. Spot on brother!
Just curious if you have tried completely loading up the project and see how the new V7 handles the DSP placement? (reverbs, delays etc)
From my limited use so far with V7, it seems to do a lot better job of handling the resources particularly keeping the slots aligned for the most part
i.e. DSP's 7,10,15 / 8,11,15 / 9,12,16 etc.

V5 did this with some of the stock synths (Minimax, Profit, Prodessey) which is how I was able to get a whopping 16 poly from those synths. Pretty sure Faxi is doing this too with the OS synths.
Now I am seeing it on V7 with other devices too which is great.
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

For sure the v7 manage dsp assignment much much better ! It also load & close faster. For the moment, I'm not working on very heavy project but I'm sure we'll be able to load more stuff ! At least on Xite. I didn't update my pci's.

Hey ! PCI users who updated to v7, do you see better performance ?