Scope 7

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

yayajohn

Re: Scope 7

Post by yayajohn »

Anyone doubting whether the V7 upgrade is worth the money, here is proof why it is totally worth it.
Finally a fully armed and operational battlestation!
This was all loaded up with NO DSP optimization or SAT connection Pop-up windows. V7 automagically assigned and distributed the load.
Yay!!! I could have loaded more too!
XiteV7MAX.JPG
XiteV7MAX.JPG (415.82 KiB) Viewed 5550 times
dawman

Post by dawman »

Ankyu...
madmen64

Post by madmen64 »

Offtopic sorry:

Will we have new updated documentation of Scope 7? regards
garyb

Post by garyb »

maybe, but it will take a long time, i would think.
there isn't enough crew for that, and it's better for SC to work on Scope, since the v5 manual still works.
Marco

Post by Marco »

garyb wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:01 pm maybe, but it will take a long time, i would think.
there isn't enough crew for that, and it's better for SC to work on Scope, since the v5 manual still works.
CORRECT!
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
RA

Post by RA »

Let's ask it in another way...what are you missing from the documentation since it is essentially...well.....Scope? What would you like to see documented?
- We're freaks about gearz and methods -
More on dNa: http://dnamusic.nl
madmen64

Post by madmen64 »

Info about New Plugins. The manual Scope 5 is very good of course.
Marco

Post by Marco »

I miss some documentation about practical use of scope for different studio situations.
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

RA wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:09 am Let's ask it in another way...what are you missing from the documentation since it is essentially...well.....Scope? What would you like to see documented?
IMO, an all new SCOPE v7 documentation/manual isn´t necessary,- but some manual addendum or addendums to chapters in the sense of small manuals for the new devices users can add to the existing documentation might be helpful for some users.

OTOH, I myself don´t need too much documentation when the devices are self explaining more or less, which I´d prefer always.

:)

Bud
S|C Scope/XITE-1 & S|C A16U, Scope PCI & CW A16U
YiannisK

Post by YiannisK »

Ok I forgot to input my cards serial upon check out, when I purchased v7.
So, I have 2 15 dsp cards with various plugins.
One has v5.1 and the other has 4.x.
I think I should send the serial no. Of the card with the v4.x on it that way if I ever separated the cards I could still have 64bit OP capabilities.

Question is , do I need new keys for all my plugs that I have for both cards?
What info do I send to S|C support?

Just want to make sure I send the proper info to avoid any problems.

Thanks in advance!
garyb

Post by garyb »

no, old v5.1 keys will still work. just send the one serial number.
YiannisK

Post by YiannisK »

Ok thanks
dante

Post by dante »

RA wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:09 am Let's ask it in another way...what are you missing from the documentation since it is essentially...well.....Scope? What would you like to see documented?
This is what's needed as a minimum :

1) Take the old manual, update the screenshots to show latest installer screens on latest OS(s)
2) Add installer tips - OS specific - eg manual driver update, C++ runtime, turning of driver signing, running as admin, XITE-1D hotfix etc.
3) Add the new SC- range of devices the device manual (e.g. catch up from where Creamware left off).
4) Add other (non SC) packaged devices

Then later additions for STS, SDK, applications, newer synths, 64 bit implications etc.
RA

Post by RA »

@sepuka...check the scope7 sts thread for a fix on your samplers error in xp. Found temporary solution for that
- We're freaks about gearz and methods -
More on dNa: http://dnamusic.nl
panaman

Post by panaman »

good morning good people of planet z.
trying to decide whether to get v7 now or later this summer.
please if you know are there any new findings or improvements on using (more than 1) pci cards on pci-e extenders/adapters, like the sintech ?

one thing has been nagging me with v5 (win xp), and i should have probably asked that 10 years ago:
i`m using 3 31band graphicEQs in all of my projects. while the position of all the other open and even closed windows is being saved with a project, the eqs are always returning on top of / under each other in the top left corner of my screen after reboot/reloading. since they all look alike, its always trial and error to identify which one is which.
does the v7 store the positions of the eqs individually now?

other than that its been smooth sailing so far, thank you S|C for keeping up.
Xite Knight v2.0

Post by Xite Knight v2.0 »

nomagic wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:03 am Mattomat works with Scope 7 on Windows 10 64bit.
I had to replace all files in Scope 7 - even this: \app\script\SurfaceInterface.pep

Something strange occured on my pc.
After crash to blue screen (caused by wrong .sys-file or dsp-file) the device crashed next time, even if the wrong file was replaced with the correct one.
My solution: Delete folder SCOPE XITE after every crash and copy a fresh installed folder SCOPE XITE to program files.
Now i solved nearly all issues for plug-ins from DAS, G.O.S.T, Adern, Brainworx, dNa, SpaceF and Zarg.
I made "copy over" folders for all plug-ins i have keys for (installation files from the original downloads with 64-bit version and without any incorrect/old dsp-files).
This folder can be copied over a fresh installed Scope 7 without destroying it.
I could upload a zip-file, if someone needs it for a plug-in.

Only exception: Quantum Wave 1.1/Quantum Wave SE continue to crash to blue sceen on my pc.
Does this work for anybody?
Hi. I know this is more than four years old but I hope you or anyone else with Mattomat working with Xite-1/Scope 7/Win10 64-bit can help.
It works perfectly here on my Win7 64-bit desktop, but not on my Win10 laptop, although I think i have tried all suggestions on this forum, including yours.
It just keeps freezing or BSOD’ing no matter what I do.
If you still have a working reference set of folders in a zip- file nomagic, I would love to try that.
Cheers
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

Have you tried re installing all 64bit files for all your plugs that need it and reinstall the .sys files for mattomatt and then restart and reload scope. Load Mattomat, and if it crashes just try restart and load again…

I’m my experience having c350 and masterit screws everything up , if you had them and tried loading, they crash, but seemed to effect all other 64bit plugs and mattomatt!! (Luckily there are L versions of both those plug ins) those two plus das legend, need a file that windows 8 and above done something that stops that file working.

(If I loaded those two, all other 64bit reliant plug ins, & mattomatt kept crashing!!! Replacing the required 64bit files got them working untill I touched c350 or masterit again) and fir some reason mattomatt is effected too! 🤷‍♂️

I’ve got it working doing this. Everything works solidly now… though occasionally Mattomat crashes on first load… but then works after a restart most of the time..
Xite Knight v2.0

Liquid EDGE wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:29 pm Have you tried re installing all 64bit files for all your plugs that need it and reinstall the .sys files for mattomatt and then restart and reload scope. Load Mattomat, and if it crashes just try restart and load again…

I’m my experience having c350 and masterit screws everything up , if you had them and tried loading, they crash, but seemed to effect all other 64bit plugs and mattomatt!! (Luckily there are L versions of both those plug ins) those two plus das legend, need a file that windows 8 and above done something that stops that file working.

(If I loaded those two, all other 64bit reliant plug ins, & mattomatt kept crashing!!! Replacing the required 64bit files got them working untill I touched c350 or masterit again) and fir some reason mattomatt is effected too! 🤷‍♂️

I’ve got it working doing this. Everything works solidly now… though occasionally Mattomat crashes on first load… but then works after a restart most of the time..
Thanks a lot for your input.
My short answer is yes. I have tried all that without any of my DAS stuff "interfering" (because it wasn't installed at all).
I have an image of a fresh Windows 10 installation on my laptop.
I have restored that fresh image countless times.
Each time, I have installed a fresh, vanilla Scope_v7.0.1705_x64_xite_english.exe
Then I have added (only) Mattomat in exactly the same way that worked on my Win7 64-bit statonary PC (I have of course also tried to add Mattomat in many other ways based on suggestions on this forum)
As mentioned, I have also tried nomagic's suggestions above.
Based on your input, I was now inspired to also try - after a Mattomat freeze/crash - to:
  • restart the laptop
  • reinstall the Scope_v7.0.1705_x64_xite_english.exe on top of the existing Program files\Scope Xite folder
  • add again the 2 Mattomat .sys files to the sys folder - basically owerwriting the 2 files that were already there
  • restarting both the laptop, Scope and Mattomat countless times
It never works. What happens is either:
  • the laptop just freezes without any visual feedback
  • the laptop just freezes with different visual feedback such as a) the Mattomat is visible in the routing window but frozen b) the Mattomat is visible in the routing window + the classic dialog box saying that 'a PCI capacity limit has been reached' - but everything frozen
  • the Win10 "version" of BSOD saying something like 'Sorry, your device ran into a problem and needs to restart. If you talk to a helpdesk college you can mention that the fault is: paging fault in non-paged area. What is causing the fault: tgsxmatt.sys'
When the laptop freezes, the only way to move on is to hold down the power button until the laptop shuts down.

In order to get Mattomat, I guess I need to open a different can of worms, namely, to try and install Win7 64-bit on that laptop insteaad of Win10. Wish me luck :(
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

Nightmare…

What is odd is that when I was sorting stuff out.

I was about to give up on Mattomat as every time I loaded it it would blue screen of death. But for some reason once I had successfully opened convolveq and other das plug ins and the Analyzer, I decided to give mattomatt another go, then magically worked…(again) blind trial and error luck. 🤷‍♂️ (Well not blind, a def pattern was emerging) as if a plug in pokes about with something that Mattomat also pokes at) and in my case it all got reset if I dared open c350 or Masteriteq.

Could just be a coincidence, I’m not a programmer, I’m a user. 😊 but the same patterns were happening, it was not random!

Load c350 everything crumbled… go to Mattomat first, crash….

Re install all files, install c350L & masteritL…

Successfully load up c350L, masteritL, convolveq, Analyzer, and then go to mattomat and it then successfully opened…
Xite Knight v2.0

Liquid EDGE wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:26 am Nightmare…

What is odd is that when I was sorting stuff out.

I was about to give up on Mattomat as every time I loaded it it would blue screen of death. But for some reason once I had successfully opened convolveq and other das plug ins and the Analyzer, I decided to give mattomatt another go, then magically worked…(again) blind trial and error luck. 🤷‍♂️ (Well not blind, a def pattern was emerging) as if a plug in pokes about with something that Mattomat also pokes at) and in my case it all got reset if I dared open c350 or Masteriteq.

Could just be a coincidence, I’m not a programmer, I’m a user. 😊 but the same patterns were happening, it was not random!

Load c350 everything crumbled… go to Mattomat first, crash….

Re install all files, install c350L & masteritL…

Successfully load up c350L, masteritL, convolveq, Analyzer, and then go to mattomat and it then successfully opened…

NOT ANYMORE :D :lol: :D :lol:
IT WORKS!!!!!
I was just about to give up, but based on the rare PCI capacity limit reached message, I started to monkey around in the bios. I changed the two parameters inside the red box below:
  • Express card speed from 'Generation 1' back to 'Automatic' (default)
  • PCI Express Power management from 'Enabled' (default) to 'Disabled'
So one of those two should be the culprit, in case anyone gets the same problem in the future.
There's no way that I'm going to test which one would get me back in trouble again :D
My C-drive is now image backed up - case closed and back to actually using Scope :lol:

Thanks to Liquid EDGE for making me keep on trying!

IMG_1329.jpg
IMG_1329.jpg (2.62 MiB) Viewed 1969 times