Mixers

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Liquid EDGE

Mixers

Post by Liquid EDGE »

One thing I have never looked into is 3rd party (free and paid for) mixers!

I've always found the mixers that come with scope cover everything I would want and have wanted. When glancing over other mixers I don't quite get what it is they offer over and above what can already be done. (Maybe i'm just an idiot)

For those that use other mixers, what is it about them that make them different/useful etc?
dante

Re: Mixers

Post by dante »

What do you mean by other mixers ? Other Scope Mixers, Native mixers, or hardware mixers ?

If you mean Native, I use the Reason SSL for layout, features and workflow.
jksuperstar

Post by jksuperstar »

Roy's latest mixers allow feedback in the bus mixes, which is great for dub style driven compression.
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

dante wrote:What do you mean by other mixers ? Other Scope Mixers, Native mixers, or hardware mixers ?

If you mean Native, I use the Reason SSL for layout, features and workflow.
Ha. :D
I mean scope 3rd party!
It is the general scope discussion forum.
Sorry I was not clear.
I just use the mixers that come with scope 5.
I've never fully got why there is other offerings for the scope platform.
Marco

Post by Marco »

As a hardware mixer, I use the good old Yamaha 02r for summing routing the to many input connections into scope. I have a Adat IO card built inside of the 02r. There are several ways to configure the Adat IO. But most time I use the bus output via Adat directly into scope.

Inside scope mixers, I use most time the stock mixers. DNA mixers and fat mixers are used for special jobs like stem recording. Modular mixer are so special, I have not used very much, because I need someone who can explain.
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

jksuperstar wrote:Roy's latest mixers allow feedback in the bus mixes, which is great for dub style driven compression.
Ok. Thanks.
Yeah clear info like this.
Last edited by Liquid EDGE on Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

Marco wrote:As a hardware mixer, I use the good old Yamaha 02r for summing routing the to many input connections into scope. I have a Adat IO card built inside of the 02r. There are several ways to configure the Adat IO. But most time I use the bus output via Adat directly into scope.

Inside scope mixers, I use most time the stock mixers. DNA mixers and fat mixers are used for special jobs like stem recording. Modular mixer are so special, I have not used very much, because I need someone who can explain.
Stem recording?

Prepping your own work into stems for someone else to mix down in a different environment?

So these mixers have outputs of each channel which includes the inserts eq etc? While stm just has direct outs (the input just straight to output with no insert etc applied to signal) ?????
spacef

Post by spacef »

Marco wrote:Modular mixer are so special, I have not used very much, because I need someone who can explain.
I am more than sorry not being to provide manuals at the moment (as everything was on my website and was lost overnight after a site hack). . And it is also complicated to answer questions that are general and not very precise. I've learned the lesson, i will provide pdf on the release of the v2 around mid-october... Thanks a lot for your trust, patience, and lack of complaints :-)
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
Marco

Post by Marco »

Stem-mixing is a method of mixing audio material based on creating groups of audio tracks and processing them separately prior to combining them into a final master mix. Stems are also sometimes referred to as submixes, subgroups, or busses.
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
Marco

Post by Marco »

spacef wrote:
Marco wrote:Modular mixer are so special, I have not used very much, because I need someone who can explain.
I am more than sorry not being to provide manuals at the moment (as everything was on my website and was lost overnight after a site hack). . And it is also complicated to answer questions that are general and not very precise. I've learned the lesson, i will provide pdf on the release of the v2 around mid-october... Thanks a lot for your trust, patience, and lack of complaints :-)
Happy to hear that! Scope is the future, no matter what version number.
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

Marco wrote:Stem-mixing is a method of mixing audio material based on creating groups of audio tracks and processing them separately prior to combining them into a final master mix. Stems are also sometimes referred to as submixes, subgroups, or busses.
Oh right. Well I quite often do that on the stm mixers sending channels to the busses (i.e. Send all drums to one buss)

So far I think the things I can pick up so far is spacef mixers having some sort of bleed over option on aux, the "fat" valve sound imbedded in one of his mixers? And modular nature! And modulation features! And Roy's new mixer having feedback in buss.

@spacef.
I'm slightly confused I see mb4 and modular mixers on the sc download ftp. But don't see either of those mixers mentioned on the site or for sale?
dawman

Post by dawman »

spacef wrote:
SpaceF need make no apologies.
Looking forward to new Routers and MB7, or whatever new mixers you make.
Still get a kick out of SpaceF devices.
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

jksuperstar wrote:Roy's latest mixers allow feedback in the bus mixes
Careful, niceboy will be back! :lol:
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

So the modulation features.

Are they midi triggered? Respond to audio signal on channel?

Haha. I still don't quite get it. I suppose I should just ask for demo keys for the space f and DNA mixers and just actually have a play with the free offerings.

I'm basically seeing if there's any new mixing techniques.
jksuperstar

Post by jksuperstar »

Mr Arkadin wrote:
jksuperstar wrote:Roy's latest mixers allow feedback in the bus mixes
Careful, niceboy will be back! :lol:
Oh man, feedback, but this feedback professor said feedback was better for feedback sound loopback and how do I feedback best?
jksuperstar

Post by jksuperstar »

Liquid EDGE wrote:So the modulation features.

Are they midi triggered? Respond to audio signal on channel?

Haha. I still don't quite get it. I suppose I should just ask for demo keys for the space f and DNA mixers and just actually have a play with the free offerings.

I'm basically seeing if there's any new mixing techniques.
dNa mixers sound different...not so flat or clinical. For spacef, well, I've used them for live (re)mixing...because they can give built in compression with selectable channel feeding the siechain, or lfo/envelope modulation applied to pan, etc.
spacef

Post by spacef »

>>>>>>>>>>@spacef.
I'm slightly confused I see mb4 and modular mixers on the sc download ftp. But don't see either of those mixers mentioned on the site or for sale?

Sorry I just saw that message .

The modular mixer v2 will be available soon on S|C webshop.
The basic pack is done, I am finishing a few router variations.
Then the pdf manual. and a bit of beta-testing of course.
May be it is better to wait another 2 or 3 weeks ?
BAck to SDK, see you in a little while.
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
dawman

Post by dawman »

We're feverish to see new SpaceF treats..
I'm using XITE-1 just for mixers at the moment, so I got all kinds of DSP juice to use.
RP_001

Post by RP_001 »

Great to see you're still working on the Modular Mixers Mehdi! I still use them in every project.

spacef wrote:>>>>>>>>>>@spacef.

Sorry I just saw that message .

The modular mixer v2 will be available soon on S|C webshop.
The basic pack is done, I am finishing a few router variations.
Then the pdf manual. and a bit of beta-testing of course.
May be it is better to wait another 2 or 3 weeks ?
BAck to SDK, see you in a little while.
Attachments
scope project.JPG
scope project.JPG (342.68 KiB) Viewed 4969 times