Recomandations for mastering tools

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

geiger

Recomandations for mastering tools

Post by geiger »

Hello!

Can you please help me with some recomandations regarding what you guys here use for mastering ( eq, compression, delays, reverbs, guitar amps.. )
Are there any good free Scope plugins designed to emulate tape delays or delays in general?
It will take me a while to purchase dNa tape delay so maybe you guys have some good alternatives.

Thank you!
RA

Re: Recomandations for mastering tools

Post by RA »

Hi Geiger,

in mastering usually you don't use fx like guitar amps, delays or reverbs...thats 'more for the remixers amongst us.

Usually it's a combination of EQ, Compression and exciters/enhancers/wideners. This can all be found in the dNa-MultiCOMP, possibly combined with dNa-Stereo Equaliser and dNa-MasterCOMP.
But...the dNa-MultiCOMP is a loyalty gift only...sorry for that. (More info on dNaMusic.nl). So you might want to check the Mastering tools from dNa.

I also think Dante has some article on Mastering on ScopeRise, might want to check that.

Furthermore i read something on your DAW and wanting intuitive tools for mixing...check the dNa tools and philosophy...that is why i created those tools.

The dNa-TapeEcho, and the other Classic dNa tools like the Mastering Pack are very affordable, if not to say cheap and imho opinion worth the investment...why don't you write Sonic Core support a mail requesting a DEMO license for anyone of the plugins....you'll see, hear and experience how intuïtive they are, and possibly make a start on your expanded toolbox.

Best,
Ray
- We're freaks about gearz and methods -
More on dNa: http://dnamusic.nl
geiger

Re: Recomandations for mastering tools

Post by geiger »

Absolutely Ray, you are right. Thank you! I know about the DNA Mastering tools, maybe I will get there in time to purchase them. But before that, I will need your Tape delay. GaryB recommends it as being great and I know it is a must, so I will ask for a trial on it first. I am trying to set a small home studio for me with pretty much everything that is imperative to record, mix and hopefully master a song. I don't know how to do the arrangements, but I will learn in time since the things are straight forward with Scope designed plugins. And yes, I was asking for intuitive tools and ready to go presets for them :)