Softube Dynatube opinions

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

geiger

Softube Dynatube opinions

Post by geiger »

Hello! I was away for a while. Now I am back and I would like to know your thoughts on Dynatube. A friend borrowed me a very nice german vintage stratocaster guitar (Musima) that beats in feeling and sound some american Fenders.. so I need to know if your experience with Dynatube was ok. Also, is there a way of trying it as a trial or demo? Aaand another question for GaryB: What are the differences between Scope 5 and 5.1? Thank you! Adrian
garyb

Re: Softube Dynatube opinions

Post by garyb »

the main differences between v5.0 and v5.1 is that v5.0 is 32bit only and v5.1 has many more plugins included in the package.

yes, you can try Dynatube first. install the plugin and then send the request string to support in an email that asks for a temporary key for testing.

Dynatube is great. it's just an amp, though. you will need to use your own FX. many guitar amp sims on the market have really cool sounds, but the amp sim underneath all the FX is not that wonderful. Dynatube sounds very much like a real miced amp, but it doesn't have bells and whistles.
geiger

Post by geiger »

Thank you very much for the fast reply and guidance. I will email Softube asking for a trial. Are there any other free amp simulations or free Scope designed tape delay emulation plugins? I am getting really fascinated by Scope. Thank you!
garyb

Post by garyb »

don't email Softube!

email support[AT]soniccore.de :)

there was a free amp sim or two. Celmo's was pretty nice and Ingo Raven made one many, many, many years ago....

for tape amp sims, the two "for pay"' sims are just so good and so inexpensive, you really should consider buying them. one is by dNa, the other is by Celmo. the dNa tape sim is really great and it's in the SC shop. Celmo's is on his web page.