Xite & PCI cards together

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

fraz

Xite & PCI cards together

Post by fraz »

Hi,

One or two people on here use Xite and PCI cards together in one system. Dante or JKSuper maybe -----Which ASIO drivers do you use? - Cubase etc... only allow for selection of one ASIO driver so how are both systems used?

I'm not asking about routing configurations but how to get sound from both systems at the same time? - Thanks
yayajohn

Re: Xite & PCI cards together

Post by yayajohn »

Well I guess I'll be the first to chime in here.
I did the Xite/PCI in one system for a while and it works. As far as I know there is no way to use both systems for ASIO. You have to output the signal into the other Scope system externally. I don't remember if that was true for the MIDI signals.
I eventually put my PCI cards into a separate computer because of anomalies that were occurring in my system. I suspect there may have been some crisscross of certain files common to both systems but never confirmed.
I think dante still uses both systems in one computer. Try it out, you might be happy with it.
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

You'll have the choice of xite or pci asio in your daw. And yes : to send/receive sound from xite<-->pci, you'll have to do that from hardware I/O, like ADAT.
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
Marco

Post by Marco »

A Diva like a PC with scope inside, I would prefer 2 PCs for this idea. Who needs endless power? Where is the end of necessity?

I wanted to have an xite, but stopped the idea because I have enough power for the rest of my life.

So I closed the door and relax. :D
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
dante

Post by dante »

fraz wrote:Hi, One or two people on here use Xite and PCI cards together in one system. Dante or JKSuper maybe -----Which ASIO drivers do you use? - Cubase etc... only allow for selection of one ASIO driver so how are both systems used? I'm not asking about routing configurations but how to get sound from both systems at the same time? - Thanks
1) Fire up 2 instances of Scope
2) Sound comes from PCI to XITE via SP/DIF (or ADAT if you want more channels)
3) Can use extra inputs (audio or MIDI) on PCI cards and route them to Scope XITE.
4) In DAW (Reason) I use the External MIDI Instrument to drive PCI and XITE synths.

Example use case here http://www.hitfoundry.com/issue_22/rsn_mast.htm
fraz

Post by fraz »

Hi,

It was more of a query - Something occured to me so I dropped by to ask - I don't intend to do this but was interested to know if who ever did this used a driver capable of running two ASIO drivers simultaneously.

I'm more than happy with 2 systems, one for Xite and one for PCI cards but I could see if one of those ASIO dirvers multi-client could work.
dante

Post by dante »

Sirius Bliss tried years ago to do what you're describing and he can attest to the lack of Multi client capability of ASIO.

MIDI is another story though so opens the door to my setup. It really is just about as good that I don't want for multiclient ASIO.