SONICCORE MARKETING

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

ARCADIOS

SONICCORE MARKETING

Post by ARCADIOS »

A lot of discussion has been done about soniccore and its advertisement and marketing...
ARCADIOS

Re: SONICCORE MARKETING

Post by ARCADIOS »

!!!!!
Attachments
soniccore.jpg
soniccore.jpg (103.1 KiB) Viewed 4833 times
dawman

Post by dawman »

Nice one.
Marco

Post by Marco »

Sonic core is not popular enough for this kind of advertising
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
ronnie

Post by ronnie »

I dunno... the train thing might work... "SONIC-CORE IS A CLEANER PLATFORM" .... work the platform angle. YOU HAVE TO WAIT FOR THE TRAIN BUT YOU DON'T HAVE TO WAIT FOR INSPIRATION. .... REACH YOUR DESTINATION WITHOUT DELAY, A FEW MILLISECONDS OR LESS .... STUCK IN THE DOOR .... HOW ABOUT 38 INS AND OUTS WITH NO WAITING ... etc. ...... PM me for copyright info. Buy all and get a free original joke. :wink: )
"I’ve come to the conclusion that synths are like potatoes, they’re no good raw—you’ve got to cook ‘em, and I cooked these sounds for months before I got them to the point where they sounded musical to me." Lyle Mays
Marco

Post by Marco »

I have 40 ins and outs! And no latency. I use the train, never comes at the right time, but when I was to late the train is gone!
Sonic core is the best.
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
Nebukadneser

Post by Nebukadneser »

As I was browsing through an old back up drive looking for some old Band in a box files, I came across this Creamware product catalog from 2004. Thought I might post it since it brings back memories of the days when Creamware seemed to have a good product mix offering innovative software and hardware to a diverse customer group. Much of my investment dates back to that time and the products are still in good use.

Neb
Attachments
cwa_catalog_04_e_5mb.pdf
(4.79 MiB) Downloaded 146 times
ARCADIOS

Post by ARCADIOS »

scope its the most beautiful software interface ever made. in my opinion.
The guys must have been working really hard to achieve this feeling...

The graphics is just amazing...
You can see only if you zoom into a part of a scope module.. an STM mixer for instance..
try with sscnipping tool.. to save a screenshot... and the zoom in STM mixer leds and db(RED) values....
You will notice that there is much work inside... artistic work
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

Nebukadneser wrote:As I was browsing through an old back up drive looking for some old Band in a box files, I came across this Creamware product catalog from 2004. Thought I might post it since it brings back memories of the days when Creamware seemed to have a good product mix offering innovative software and hardware to a diverse customer group. Much of my investment dates back to that time and the products are still in good use.
Neb
Nice ! I never saw this ! Where did you had it ?

It was so promising ! Even more than Native Instrument ! I'll never understand why Creamware collapsed. Not enough marketing, I'm afraid ! A bit like now ! 8)
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
garyb

Post by garyb »

Creamware had a ton of marketing at first. they were very successful. it was poor management of the cash cow products and the focus on the Noah and ASB boxes which bankrupted the company.
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

garyb wrote:Creamware had a ton of marketing at first. they were very successful. it was poor management of the cash cow products and the focus on the Noah and ASB boxes which bankrupted the company.
Creamware definitely seemed too distracted with too many products. Seem like they were trying to do too many things at once rather than put more attention into SCOPE wich is by nature a VERY demanding product on its own. I remember reading that in 1999 when SCOPE was still young Creamware was switching focus twards developing some super-computer wich housed like 40+ dsp's and could run many of the SCOPE plugins stand-alone iirc, they should've just stuck with SCOPE wich could've delivered them the industry.
If they were determined to develop other hardware products then they should've done like Avid and designed those other hardware products to work as part of SCOPE as well such as a controller that also extends SCOPE's dsp power but is also stand-alone and work with DAW's. And their DAW Cutmaster should've allowed for SCOPE integration wich would've allowed for them to steal some of protools, pyramix, etc customers.

But UA did the opposite and created a platform with little functionality and at first had no environment of its own but they focused on vintage effects and stayed focused on that and it was exactly what the market wanted. Many people believed at the time that all synths are created equal so Native was good enough; or they believed if you have a bad sounding synth or sample that just a good uad vintage effect will make it sound better/prettify-it wich is contrary to what truly good engineers will tell you and that's "get things right at the source first". The industry in this computer-music-age was rapidly filled with newbies due to the easiness, convenience and affordability of computer-music but I suspect it also made for a not-so-intelligent market as well. UA had name recognition since it was their father who designed some of the hardware that they were emulating, this gave them credibility. Creamware may have needed some famouse name recognition like Yardstick (who was considering coding plugins for SCOPE but changed their minds) to counter their mis-management.

Also UA's focusing on effects and porting some of their effects to the protools platform allowed them to get many small commercial studios, large studios and engineers everywhere onboard and to buy into them and support them verses the less prominent composers/synth-lovers who aren't as ubiquitous and supportive. For some strange reason when people think about the old classic songs that they want their music to sound like they mainly think about the effects and engineers of old rather than the instruments and actual performance wich is strange to me. I know Creamware had great effects as well but when many talked about SCOPE sadly they only mentioned the synths as its strength and plus Creamware didn't have credibility from a famous name for their effects. JMO .

EDITED
Nebukadneser

Post by Nebukadneser »

Then there is this ad from Keyboard magazine, July 2003 issue. A good magazine for Creamware to be present in and the Creamware Noah ad certainly communicates that the machine is capable of delivering vintage sound which was very much in demand at that time. I suppose the price tag of USD 1995 / 2495,- put off some potential customers. Not me though, I got my EX back in 2007. It is still in heavy use as ASIO audio card for my laptop.
Attachments
Noah.jpg
Noah.jpg (491.75 KiB) Viewed 4180 times
ronnie

Post by ronnie »

It was that ad which prompted me to call Vancouver. Unless I'm wrong, I believe it may have been Gary on the Creamware side. I joined the Z immediately while still on the phone but couldn't spring for a Noah so I bought a Luna to get my feet wet while still logged on. Creamware worked me through all the tweaks to get it running perfectly. The sound of the instruments and effects blew me away and were deployed immediately. The integration with everything I already had was perfect, to this very day with everything I ever added since. Within a couple of weeks I bought a Pulsar. Then a Pro. I made more than my investment back by selling outboard equipment replaced by Scope. The system moved through two dedicated PCs, a Dell XP Pentium to my current HP Win 7 Quad- Core. In daily use since the month of the ad with zero issues. Maybe I should write a letter to the editor with a copy of that ad. A good copy might be found on waybackmachine....
"I’ve come to the conclusion that synths are like potatoes, they’re no good raw—you’ve got to cook ‘em, and I cooked these sounds for months before I got them to the point where they sounded musical to me." Lyle Mays
bosone

Post by bosone »

still using my creamware / sonic core system since 2000. i wonder which other computer hardware ever lasted so long.
as for now, i would NEVER switch it. I admit i do not know the possibilties and the features of nowadays audio platform, but the soni core system has everything i need, even if i admit that I'm going more and more native. But even if i rarely use S|C synths, i still mix down on scope mixer and use several scope FX.
I wonder how a platform with these capabilities did not have the deserved success.
I always questioned the marketing choices of creamware and, back in the first years, i remember i also posted them some suggestions and made them aware of a tutorial i made for getting hands on pulsar.
they had one of the best technology and one of the worst marketing ever seen!!
Marco

Post by Marco »

This amazing PDF DOKUMENT goes right into my archives! Thx for this thing! :D
ronnie

Post by ronnie »

I wonder what it would cost to reprint that ad in Keyboard on one side and have some of our remarks on the other side with the current XITE offerings, or better yet do a merketing push to have Keyboard do an article on Creamware/Sonic-Core 15 years history.... nevermind, it would be great but I can't find the magazine (so hold on to that picture) and Keyboard folded in January. :cry:
ronnie

Post by ronnie »

At least I tried to fix it up a bit in PhotoShop, but I can't flatten it all the way. We need some Scope programmers to figure that out, you'd think Adobe would have that covered....
Noah.jpg
Noah.jpg (373.6 KiB) Viewed 3978 times
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

bosone wrote:still using my creamware / sonic core system since 2000. i wonder which other computer hardware ever lasted so long.
as for now, i would NEVER switch it. I admit i do not know the possibilties and the features of nowadays audio platform, but the soni core system has everything i need, even if i admit that I'm going more and more native. But even if i rarely use S|C synths, i still mix down on scope mixer and use several scope FX.
I wonder how a platform with these capabilities did not have the deserved success.
I always questioned the marketing choices of creamware and, back in the first years, i remember i also posted them some suggestions and made them aware of a tutorial i made for getting hands on pulsar.
they had one of the best technology and one of the worst marketing ever seen!!
I wouldn't say better ! :roll: Your story with scope looks exactly like mine ! Except at the beginning, I was totally newbie with computer, synths and audio engineering ! I learned all whatI know now always with Scope in the mess..
And the story isn't over ! I don't believe I'll make music without Scope in any day.
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
dawman

Post by dawman »

Ali was the man in Canada/USA IIRC.
He was cool.
ronnie

Post by ronnie »

Whoever it was had the patience of a saint and the knowledge of a wizard! All the XP settings, ACPI, interrupts, redoing the whole OS for audio. Never got off the phone!