Cubase 8.5 Pro, 8.5 Artist & Elements 8

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

fraz

Cubase 8.5 Pro, 8.5 Artist & Elements 8

Post by fraz »

Hello,

Slightly off topic but it does relate to Scope software only working 100% with 32 bit systems.

Does Cubase 8.5 Pro & Artist 8.5 & Elements 8 come with 32 bit & 64 bit installers? - Obviously it will have a 64 bit installer as Cubase is going 100% 64 bit with the 64 bit version having a 32 bit bridge but the crux of the question is does Cubase 8.5 latest versions have a dedicated 32 bit installer?

I'm only asking this as Scope software does not work 100% with 64 bit systems! - I'm not complaining or griping about it but trying to work around this when another 32 bit system is built. The 32 bit system can still access 64 bit plugins via Vienna Ensemble Pro 5 or equivalent via network LAN - That's the rationale!

Does Cubase 8.5 Pro ship with a dedicated 32 bit installer? - That is the question! :lol:
garyb

Re: Cubase 8.5 Pro, 8.5 Artist & Elements 8

Post by garyb »

if you are in 64bit Windows, then a 32bit sequencer won't make any difference.
by 100% you mean XTC mode and samplers?

yes, those sequencers have 32bit versions.
fraz

Post by fraz »

Hello Garyb,

Of course a 32 bit install of Cubase would go onto a 32 bit install of windows to keep everything the same. Life will be simpler if Scope is installed on Windows 32 bit then other systems can be 64 bit networked LAN with Vienna ensemble pro as you can use 32 bit and 64 bit plugs together.

32 bit system with installed vienna - server computer 64 bit and tweaked in vienna control panel over lan -!-

Cubase will from what I've read on the next version be 64 bit only. I've already got older versions of Cubase VST on one license transferred on to USB syncrosoft.

Another license for 6.5 & Elements 8 [cut down] with SX/4 on the same license stick as 6.5.

With Scope not being 64 bit yet with all of the samplers etc...it's best to stay 32 bit then ALL scope plugins work when they are needed without any problems which is why I'm covering the base for when Cubase is 64 bit only.

There may be quite a few here who wish they'd got Cubase 8 / 8.5 if Cubase 9 is 64 bit only and if Scope software hasn't moved on.

64 bit Scope works but you lose STS and something else? - But I'm not debating or complaining about this - Just feel better about Scope if I know ALL will work without worarounds.

I gave up on XTC mode - I did get it to work with a copy of something on the desktop to swap folders out if I wanted to switch from one DAW to another but realised life would be easier if I just stick with project mode as everything can be used anyway.

Anyway Cubase 8.5 is available to open 32 bit mode but I don't think it's available as a separate installer but more like a right click on the icon to select 32 bit only.

Obviously it's 64 bit as well so if needs change etc... it's all sorted!!!

Enough of the ranting away..... :wink:
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

Scope needs drivers, the drivers on 64bit have to be 64bit. Scope "software" is not really running on the computer!
fraz

Post by fraz »

I'm very happy with Scope and don't regret buying what I've got - Maybe the 64 bit could have been polished off properley but it is what it is and in conjunction with the other stuff* it's just awesome.

Scope 6 well it just hasn't happened has it? - Maybe it will but only for the Xite-1 maybe not for the PCI cards - But again no worries.

Any word on Scope 6? - I don't want to mention it just in case I get told off :lol:

Quite amusingly I got my hands on 2 x Luna II boxes last year in mint condition, can't be bad can it?