What ever happened to Adern's "Grainmill" and "Phil" devices

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

scary808

What ever happened to Adern's "Grainmill" and "Phil" devices

Post by scary808 »

What ever happened to Adern's "Grainmill" and "Phil" devices? Were they ever released or were the abandoned? Grain mill looked pretty cool.

http://www.adern.com/products/grainmiller.htm

http://www.adern.com/products/phil.htm
JoPo

Re: What ever happened to Adern's "Grainmill" and "Phil" dev

Post by JoPo »

Yes... If I remember correctly, they never been released. A pity ! For me, 'Phil' was very interesting.

Anyway... If you have Flexor 1 & 2 and like to tweak Modular, you should be able to achieve good similar result : those 2 devices have been build with flewor...
I'm not quite sure but I understood (don't remember his name... :D ) that Adern's developer doesn't work on those projects & Scope anymore.. A huge pity because all his stuff is absolutely excellent and unique. I don't know at all what he does now and if he still work on audio soft. I'd like to know to check his new ideas ! If someone has any info....?
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

Aderns developer makes Native plugins now. He recently started a Native company named Infected Mushroom and that company just started releasing plugins for the Native platform (one of them was released threw Waves). I hope he releases for SCOPE again since he is a great developer, it would truly be sad if he's gone for good. His last post in the Market Place showed he was looking for a STDM cable wich suggests he still uses SCOPE to some extent.

Ocean Swift Synthesis has released some interesting synths and filters. I really like PI2525 and the filter plugin. Modular modules like what Flexor has are very special and I hope developers like Ocean Swift create some sophisticated modules for Modular 4.

Since it's been almost 10 years I doubt Adern will ever release those two plugins but if you like the concepts then ask another developer to do something similar.
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

dawman

Post by dawman »

Get Omnisphere 2.2.
Real time granular mangling.
Ive got reversed granular samples that change directions of any musical thought.

Truly sick stuff...
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

I knew about that plugin but didn't know it's from him ! In this video, you may have the entier info :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDH1m-ck6cA

I think I gonna buy it ! I love that kind of thing..

Falcon is a beast with granular and even much more, by the way.....! :P
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <