Scope with Ipad

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

littlewoodg

Scope with Ipad

Post by littlewoodg »

My new Scope setup (new to me, its 2 Creamware cards, Pulsar 2 and Pulsar 1, Scope 4.5 on an Optiplex tower running Win XP) has given a new purpose to my iPad, in the form of the sequencer app Modstep.

Along with multitrack Ableton-style cliplaunch and piano roll workflow, Modstep has drawable CC sequencing, along with XY CC controllers and keyboard for live midi recording.

A huge plus is that the app also hosts iOS synths via IAA (along with its own onboard additive synth and Sampler). As has been mentioned here there are many fine synths available in iOS, including DRC, a Model 15 emulation, iOS synths from PPG and Waldorf. I'm also finding CMP's sample based apps sound fantastic in Scope (Grand Piano, iSymphonic, Heavy Brass)

From one screen one can sequence and play instruments in Scope, sync-ed with iOS instruments inside Modstep, sending the iOS instruments audio into the Scope mix. The CC XY controllers and keyboard switch with a touch between tracks, allowing one to play live and record in any instrument as the array of sequenced tracks loop or launch.
siriusbliss

Re: Scope with Ipad

Post by siriusbliss »

Happy to hear that there is someone else sync'ing iPad/iOS with Scope!
Such a great combination of tech with tons of potential.

Fugue Machine, Soundscaper, SP Pro, iSymphonic, Alchemy, Animoog, controllers like Soundprism, TCData, Gestrument, Patterning, all have huge potential when interfaced to Scope synths!

How are you interfacing to Scope hardware?

Greg
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3
littlewoodg

Post by littlewoodg »

siriusbliss wrote:Happy to hear that there is someone else sync'ing iPad/iOS with Scope!
Such a great combination of tech with tons of potential.

Fugue Machine, Soundscaper, SP Pro, iSymphonic, Alchemy, Animoog, controllers like Soundprism, TCData, Gestrument, Patterning, all have huge potential when interfaced to Scope synths!

How are you interfacing to Scope hardware?

Greg
Mi Tocayo! (Im a Greg too)

My interface from iPad is the $40 iConnect lightning to midi cable, into the Pulsar 2s midi A in/out...amazingly simple and clean. Im using my second card's midi I/O for a Nord Micro modular...Modstep is sequencing the Scope stuff, the Nord, and whichever iOS instrument that I've got in Modstep. (As you mentioned, Animoog, also Icegear and Virsyn stuff, so many interesting synths available for iPad, I admit I lost my mind in the AppStore a while ago) I worked out the scheme (which took a minute), it's a plug and play! The other iPad angle is that I'm using the desktop version of Bremmers MultitrackStudio to record Scope tracks into, that I then can ship as an MTS project (with all the data and alternate takes that MTS includes in its zips) into MTS iPad for touch editing etc...I have MTS on Surface Pro 3 as well, if I want to work on the environment.
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

i'm using an ipad3 (older 30pin) with the behringer iStudio dock. It's a pretty neat setup and integrates well with Scope, Copperlan and my DAW. Unfortunately no iOS 10 for me...first time but oh well. Most apps work but some of the newer more intense don't. I will eventually upgrade but not in any hurry at the moment.
Anyone tried Soft Drummer by Lumbeat? Pretty cool semi-intelligent drummer app.
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

Anyone try some of the 'chorders' like SPPro to drive Scope synths?
INSANE!

G
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

siriusbliss wrote:Anyone try some of the 'chorders' like SPPro to drive Scope synths?
INSANE!

G
Very cool app! Thanks for the tip. Initially tried it on Six String as a strummer.....very nice!
Hopefully they will expand it so you can customize the chord selection more.
littlewoodg

Post by littlewoodg »

yayajohn wrote:
siriusbliss wrote:Anyone try some of the 'chorders' like SPPro to drive Scope synths?
INSANE!

G
Very cool app! Thanks for the tip. Initially tried it on Six String as a strummer.....very nice!
Hopefully they will expand it so you can customize the chord selection more.
SPPro was the first midi controller (chording keys) I tried on iPad, 2011?, amazed by it, didn't have anything half as cool as Scope to use it with, but it still blew me away...these days midi controllers, arpegiators, (Fugue Machine! Amazing) chord keyboards, have exploded on iOS...an embarrassment of riches, many of which fit Scope perfectly. Modstep for me is a standout, because along with piano roll sequencing, Ableton style midi clip launch, and mappable CC sequencing and live Kaosspad X/Y CC play, also hosts IOS synths, so it can serve as an outboard synth/sampler/instrument source as well as deep controller...it also runs on legacy iOS back to iPad 1 (bumpy) but like butter on 7-10...another amazing resource is Midi Designer Pro 2, capable of control templates for literally every aspect of Scope...the best modern touch stuff fits Scope like a glove...
Marco

Post by Marco »

Scope 5.1 is running on mmy android Handy! :P I made a photo of the screen on the monitor and it looks good on my phone....no operating possible? can anybody help :-?
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
53E7

Post by 53E7 »

For Android you really should be using FL Studio. It’s surprisingly good. Love it on the train, plane, or bus. Really makes me want to try the full FL DAW with Scope, although I'm quite happy with Ableton.