Its been a long time :)

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

YISH313z

Its been a long time :)

Post by YISH313z »

Hello fellow Scopeians :D

Its been a while since Ive posted about Scope and was just looking over my rss feed and realized how much i miss my Scope setup, I still have my 3 cards, but 1 Luna card and 1 Pulsar card is used in my 64 Bit Windows 10 machine while the other is unused. I have a question in regard to the connector plate on the Pulsar 2.

Can this plate be used on the the 3 DSP card? :-?

I ask because the 3 DSP card has the 5.1 software on it and i would like to continue using it with my windows 10 machine as my main sound card, i mostly use it for the routing functions it provides as this allows me to do voice overs for my YouTube videos and still work within my DAW at the same time.

However I would like to move my 2xPulsar 2 cards back to a windows XP machine and get back to using the Samplers and Synths, the sampler especially. I have Kontakt and every other synth in the native world but my ears have always been able to tell the difference in sound of Scope from Native. So i have the plates on both the Pulsar cards but only need 1 of the plates, both have ADAT so light-piping between machines would be awesome and using mouse without borders to control both would be my mode of operation. otherwise im getting no use out of my scope in windows 10 because the samplers do not work which is the main reason why I bought Scope in the first place.
YISH313z

Re: Its been a long time :)

Post by YISH313z »

Also, i dont suppose the Z-link would work from the Luna to the Pulsar cards(Z-Link Plate), no?
Last edited by YISH313z on Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YISH313z

Post by YISH313z »

OK, i think i have a temp solution, its not ideal but it may work, i forgot about the SPDIF mini jack on the Luna 2 card, i can connect that to my classic plate on the Pulsar and get signal out to the Luna Card that way(SPDIF IN), and then out to my SPDIF equipped Monitor controller (SPDIF OUT) at least until i can find an ADAT plate for my home card to get more outputs from the Pulsar.

Unfortunately, with this configuration i cant record vocals coming from the pulsar card and play the DSP instruments simultaneously :(

Still curious if the Z-Link works between cards though, which would give me 18 stereo outputs from the Pulsar.

So my setup would look like this

DIGI002 Preamp(MIC and Guitar) ADAT OUT >>> Pulsar ADAT IN >>> Mixer >>> PULSAR SPDIF OUT >>> LUNA SPDIF IN >>> Mixer(with WIN 10 Asio Connections) >>> LUNA SPDIF OUT >>> PRESONUS Central Station SPDIF IN...

Whew!!

I guess i just had to write this all out to get the ideals flowing.
YISH313z

Post by YISH313z »

And to answer my own question about the plates being interchangable between the Luna and Pulsar cards...NO! :lol:
robinette

Post by robinette »

YISH313z wrote: Still curious if the Z-Link works between cards though, which would give me 18 stereo outputs from the Pulsar.
I'd be careful with that. The z-link connection Scope cards includes the transmission of power (besides audio).
Maybe you can avoid the transmission of power with a firewire cable 6 pin / 4-pin then add 4-pin / 6-pin adapter.
garyb

Post by garyb »

YISH313z wrote:
Still curious if the Z-Link works between cards though, which would give me 18 stereo outputs from the Pulsar.
no!!