Help with my routing please

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

andi_sonic

Help with my routing please

Post by andi_sonic »

Helloo!
I use win 7 64b with sfp 5.1 and ableton live 64b...
In the routing window i have:
Asio32 source 64 --> Scope mixer --> Luna dest...with separate channels from ableton live to Scope...
What software out driver have i got to use for récord all the channels to a third software like soundforge at once?...
Playing the song in ableton and record in soundforge??

Thank so much!!
t_tangent

Re: Help with my routing please

Post by t_tangent »

Hi, you want to put the wave dest module as the output on the mixer, and then select that as the input in sound forge
Remember that 1 source can have many outputs, but one destination can only have 1 input. (But you can get around that by using a merger or mixer before the destination) So what that means is that the routing can be quite flexible....and probably one of the most beautiful things about Scope. You can route just about anything to anywhere. But for what you are trying to do, Ableton output is sent via Scope Asio source module to mixer and then mixer output connects to Wav Dest module which Soundforge will use as the input for recording from. (Also connect mixer output to Analog Dest module which goes to your hardware Amplifier and monitors, but be careful to turn volume down on the amp as you don't want to blow your monitors.)

Hope that helps
andi_sonic

Post by andi_sonic »

Sure t_tangent.. thank you!

Then audio from ableton to scope with 'asio source', and audio from scope to soundforge with 'wave dest' ok...
In soundforge, in the audio options appears something like 'scope ...'? or which option is the correct to record audio from scope mixer?

Thank you again!
faxinadu

Post by faxinadu »

yes, only it wont work because in 64bit the wav dest module is bugged :(
Scope, Android, Web, PC Plugins and Sounds:
http://www.oceanswift.net
Music
https://faxinadu.bandcamp.com/
andi_sonic

Post by andi_sonic »

what?? and then...what can i do??
the solution is to return the scope mixer out to an asio channel to the ableton live again??

can't i record all the tracks of ableton to soundforge through the scope mixer?
53E7

Post by 53E7 »

I have two PC's. One is just for music (Scope + Ableton) and the other is my everyday PC (internet, videos, and office work). In my everyday computer I have an E-MU 0404 card, which has a digital in. I have an old version of Wavelab installed on that computer, so I just send my audio from Scope (digital out) to my everyday PC's E-MU 0404 (digital in) and record (master) in Wavelab. It's sort of old school, like back in the day, mastering to DAT. Some may laugh at this, but it's really simple and never fails.
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

andi_sonic wrote:what?? and then...what can i do??
the solution is to return the scope mixer out to an asio channel to the ableton live again??
That's what I do in Cubase and I think many here just run the stereo mix from the Scope mixer back into their DAW for recording like that. It seems a neater solution to me than using another bit of software to record.

Is there some particular feature about SoundForge that you need? If so I suppose you could record to Live and then import that mix file into SoundForge later.
andi_sonic

Post by andi_sonic »

No, there's nothing special with soundforge or wavelab... i wanted to know if i could have this possibility for take a look of the final mix in soundforge or maybe use some last plugin before master all....

but i think that i could record the mix in a additional audio track in ableton and export to an audio file, that i could open with an audio editor just like you say...

the possibility of 2 PCs sounds amazing! jejej i take a time for that!

Thank you very much to all!
t_tangent

Post by t_tangent »

Yes, sorry I didn't realise you were on 64 bit. That wave bug on 64bit must be annoying, but like others above said it is simpler to just re route 2 Asio Channels back into your daw. Just make sure to turn monitor enable off in your daw on the track you are recording back to, otherwise you get an audio loop going on :) I hope that makes sense. :)

Cheers
andi_sonic

Post by andi_sonic »

Ok, i got it!
I hope offer you a new song soon!!