Why does Sonic core Do No Marketing?

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Marco

Why does Sonic core Do No Marketing?

Post by Marco »

Why does Sonic core Do No Marketing? Scope is not for everyone?
Cant buy in a store. No advertisments anywhere?

W H Y ?

You got pensioniert? No need for someting?
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
Liquid EDGE

Re: Why does Sonic core Do No Marketing?

Post by Liquid EDGE »

I have often wondered this.

How did you find out about xite and sonic core?
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

You don't find Scope. Scope finds you :)
ronnie

Post by ronnie »

Here we go again :lol:
"I’ve come to the conclusion that synths are like potatoes, they’re no good raw—you’ve got to cook ‘em, and I cooked these sounds for months before I got them to the point where they sounded musical to me." Lyle Mays
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

Appartently, ... Money ! This has been over-discusted last time here :
http://forums.scopeusers.com/viewtopic. ... 3&p=316438&

And it a really very good question ! From far the best audio platform and unknown ! I'm quiet sure if a lot of people new what Xite is able to do, they would save some money to buy one !

But... They don't even know what is Xite & Scope !
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
hubird

Post by hubird »

S/C got to get to be a shop only :(
Faxi keeps the small flame on.
astroman

Post by astroman »

JoPo wrote:Appartently, ... Money ! This has been over-discusted last time here :
http://forums.scopeusers.com/viewtopic. ... 3&p=316438&
in fact: it's all been said... (quoting Jake Orvis)
Scope's back catalog in Synths is outstanding in quality - tough for any 'newbie'
I have more than I can even explore - but I wish Faxi all the best

cheers, Tom
dante

Post by dante »

anabella wrote:Why does Sonic core Do No Marketing?
That question is based on an incorrect premise. I got mailout from S|C recently about new faxi plugs. In fact there's normally a mail out every time new product hits store - eg dNa last year.

So there IS marketing.
jksuperstar

Post by jksuperstar »

Dante, the problem is emails are sent to known customers. It doesn't draw anyone *new* into the scope system, which makes for a more sustainable business.

The same flyer needs to be seen on places like KVR, muffwiggler (and other electronic music forums), as well as the product seen in places like Kraft, Thomann, and Sweetwater....
faxinadu

Post by faxinadu »

ha! that's kinda cool to see you guys see me as keeping the flame alive :)

i am speculating like you guys, i don't know anything beyond and actually don't try to ask holger or anyone about it as the way i see it, that isn't my business.

i think and assume the ordeal with creamware folding really, really hurt. we're kinda lucky as users i think that out of the ruins sonic core has survived, but clearly all the momentum was lost at the time. what can take years to build can be destroyed in an instant, and to build it again might be harder still than the first time around.

i can drop a small hint that there is a future, but things need to happen for that future to happen :)
Scope, Android, Web, PC Plugins and Sounds:
http://www.oceanswift.net
Music
https://faxinadu.bandcamp.com/
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

I think Sonic Core is just waiting on SCOPE 6's completion before they start costly advertisement again. I believe the reason Sonic Core is not advertising is because they have nothing to advertise, atleast not in the Market's eyes wich looks for 'new'. Sonic Core was going to NAMM/Musikmesse/etc years ago but stopped. Obviously if they stopped it was'nt benifiting them anymore (there was no more major new developments for SCOPE so I doubt any real attention and interest was garnered). They need SCOPE 6/OPEN-SCOPE wich will be a significant release that can get attention. Many of us old timers may find it hard to understand that something 'new' is needed cause we know that SCOPE is complete and that the old stuff it has is just fine, but in Native world old usually does mean throw-away-trash because of the great deficiencies that platform started with (lack of cpu, lack of talented developers, lack of adequate copy-protection, etc). The market loves new shiny shiny plugins even when they are not necessarily better and in some cases inferior to older ones. SCOPE is more sophisticated and offers more than any other Audio-interface or hardware-sound-module or dsp-platform on the market thus the notion it needs more is a false one cause obviously it's the competition that needs more to catch-up or surpass. If SCOPE is ahead of other similar products then truthfully SonicCore's job is done when looking at 'intrinsic-value' and being on the cutting-edge but as far as 'Market-Value' goes more shiny shiny plugins and functionality is needed, and tho more is not 'needed' by old-timers like me it is still wanted. Fast development is a attraction for the UAD platform but if its development was truly fast then why is it so far behind SCOPE in many many ways wich is suppose to be slow? Illusions, hype, endorsements, and 'new' are all powerfull forces, sadly. Partly why i use SCOPE is to get away from that phony world to a great extent. Always buying more of the latest-and-pseudo-greatest/new is usually not healthy, but 'new' is a part of impactfull marketing.

I remember when Modular 4 was released we had a small influx of new users. When SCOPE 6 finally does come i believe all will be fine and a new era for SCOPE will start. SCOPE has not perished like most other dsp platforms simply cause it is special and the same thing keeping it around is the same thing that will cause it to reach new heights and be successfull at some point. You never count a opponent out until he is truly dead so it would be unwise for the competition to count SCOPE out. After all Milton S. Hershey the founder of Hershey's chocolate filed bankruptcy 8 times before HUGE success came and now Hersheys is the top selling chocolate company in North America. Success is'nt easy, you have to fight threw a lot of tuff times to achieve it, just go ask most famous singers and actors.

But even if SCOPE remains super niche and never have success again or worse even if SCOPE dies i would continue to use my XITE-1 until the bottom falls out of it and then buy another one used simply cause when it comes to my music SCOPE is 'THE ONE'. There really is no adequate replacement or substitute of any kind. Sure there are other great sounding hardware synths and effects but SCOPE has a particular and unique sound that fits what i do best and it kills all other hardware in regards to workflow and saving space. Going all Native is not a serious option for me cause Native is just a supplementary platform IMB. So even without anymore success for SCOPE i'd continue using it just as i am now and would probably treasure it even more as it becomes more rare to find like diamonds. I do believe Engineers and Composers start to mature when they don't have to have tools that win popularity-contests or always give in to the desire for the latest-and-greatest. It is GAS and herd following that are some of the things harming Engineers and Composers and even the Market in some ways, especially when it comes to listening to famous endorsers, hype and addictions to the new/shiny shiny. I just believe that finding a particular sound that fits ones music and finding it with gear that has great workflow are more important than the latest fads and sensationalism. I never found true satisfaction giving in to addictions and always chasing after the latest and giving in to clever advertisement.
Last edited by Sounddesigner on Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:29 am, edited 5 times in total.
dante

Post by dante »

jksuperstar wrote:Dante, the problem is emails are sent to known customers. It doesn't draw anyone *new* into the scope system, which makes for a more sustainable business.
Understood, but its still marketing. I'm challenging terminology here not the scale.
faxinadu wrote:i think and assume the ordeal with creamware folding really, really hurt. we're kinda lucky as users i think that out of the ruins sonic core has survived, but clearly all the momentum was lost at the time.
Not all momentum was lost. We got Scope 5.x and XITE - arguably the most important developments of the platform ever.

Soundesigner, as always - agree with all your points - Scope doesn't need to prove itself any more with new toys. Besides, Hersheys are my fave chocky and many a time consumed in front of a Scope screen. :lol: :lol:
hubird

Post by hubird »

I'm pessimistic.
Money is lacking, no fund rising actions or wealthy philanthrope spotted, and hardly Xites being sold these days (only to pay the bills).
That's the picture I see.

Nothin in, nothing out.
I don't expect anything anymore :)

Happily all my cards work fine on old OS9, so personally I'm thankful :)
David

Post by David »

Buy Xite, support the dream
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

It's an amazing product. End of story!

And I second the notion that sonic core probably feel there is no point doing mass marketing until scope6 (the version of scope written from the ground up for the xite hardware)
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

And how has there not been momentum?
Analyzer
Mattomat
Dna
Sales
Special editions of xite
Oss
Etc etc!!!
astroman

Post by astroman »

for years I've spent thousands on plugins (and that's not literally), just to see the suppliers go out of business...
Scope has a technically brilliant background, but it just doesn't integrate smoothly into current DAW environments
it's way too demanding... just consider DSP assignment
on one hand compatibility is a great feature, on the other hand it's a plain obstacle

a lot of things have changed in recent years:
when I started with Scope practically all native processing was just plain crap... today that doesn't apply anymore
even some stuff under IOS clearly outperforms Scope
it would be naive to ignore what's going on around you

one only can score if something is done better or in a (significantly) more convenient way

I certainly prefer the way Scope handles signal routing...
but my iConnectAudio4 plus supports 2 and a half DAWs simultaneously under Win, MacOS, IOS
just food for thought:
if an XITE could do the same trick, you'd (effectively) have Scope on MacOS, right within Logic... :o
without changing one single line of code
(of course it has to run in a Win-Box, but that could be as tiny as can be and isn't much of a cost factor)

the point is that you don't have to convince existing Scope owners, but draw the attention of new users

cheers, Tom
hubird

Post by hubird »

astroman wrote:the point is that you don't have to convince existing Scope owners, but draw the attention of new users
cheers, Tom
Pygmy Audio Farms wrote:Buy Xite, support the dream
- only new users will make the dream true
- I refuse to buy a product to 'support' a manufacturer...
- I'm better off with the cards: with Xite I would lose ADAT channels and have to deal with Windows.

I really think it's over.
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

hubird wrote:
astroman wrote:the point is that you don't have to convince existing Scope owners, but draw the attention of new users
cheers, Tom
Pygmy Audio Farms wrote:Buy Xite, support the dream
- only new users will make the dream true
- I refuse to buy a product to 'support' a manufacturer...
- I'm better off with the cards: with Xite I would lose ADAT channels and have to deal with Windows.

I really think it's over.
I don't think it is. I think sonic core know how to keep it going, not much investment and pretty much (apart from the software of course) xite is almost made to order!

Sonic core make the Solaris hardware with John Bowen as well, and that is made to order!

Scope 5.1 supports the old dsp cards, how great a company still supports old hardware. Most others force you to dispose of stuff.

I like the ethos.
hubird

Post by hubird »

Liquid EDGE wrote:I don't think it is. I think sonic core know how to keep it going, not much investment and pretty much (apart from the software of course) xite is almost made to order!
Sonic core make the Solaris hardware with John Bowen as well, and that is made to order!
'Is made to order' you say.
You mean it is that good?

Basically I agree with that, but the result is the same as if it is extremely bad: practically unsold, and unknown in audio world.

The more years go by, the harder and the more expensive it will be to make the platform contemporary regarding connectivity and looks.