upgrade minimax

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

minimmaxfabio

upgrade minimax

Post by minimmaxfabio »

Hi, I'm new to the forum I have carefully followed all the post about the minimax asb of creamware. I'm just happy owner of Minimax bought and used with software version 1.0, please let me know if you can upgrade the software (already downloaded) with win 7 and what problems I can meet. I already have the activation key. I can upgrade with USB cable?
Thank you
garyb

Re: upgrade minimax

Post by garyb »

USB cable-yes
Win7- no

the remote software only works in XP or OSX 10.2 or earlier. the software was made by Creamware and they have been out of business more than 8 years.

the unit may report v1, but still it may have already been upgraded. if the osc and filter controls are not "steppy", the unit is already upgraded.
Tau

Post by Tau »

Actually, the remote software does work on Win7 64bit here (running as administrator).

I was about to sell my Prodissey Klangbox, and decided to give it a try before posting the ad, and it does work. The Klangbox USB MIDI ports are recognized, both by the remote software and Live. I can change and modify banks and patches and do everything I did in XP.

I never tried to upgrade the software, as have the latest version already installed, so I can't say if that is a problem or not.

But fwiw, it works a treat. In the studio, I use the remote software, and when live, I modified a Lemur preset so I can tweak away.

Last time I took it out to play, we had a friend bringing in a "Korg" Arp Odyssey, we spent a little time comparing the sound, it's uncanny :) I miss the physical controls, but the sound is there...
minimmaxfabio

Post by minimmaxfabio »

Thanks, in my Minimax is installed v. 1.0 I checked. I tried to install the editor on win 7 32 works and recognizes the Minimax device telling the software version but have not gone ahead as not to create problems. Win xp gave me trouble now I try to reinstall the 'editor. Thanks again you are kind
garyb

Post by garyb »

the remote software DOES work in win7, but not completely. the upgrade will not complete properly in win7...
Tau

Post by Tau »

in that case, it's not a good idea to perform the update on Win7 minimmaxfabio.

Better to find an old pc with XP installed and do the update there (you'll only have to do it once ;) )
minimmaxfabio

Post by minimmaxfabio »

Thanks everyone for the advice, I finally updated the minimax with an old PC win xp it worked out perfectly. Now the minimax releases all of its personality is a fantastic machine, perhaps the only flaw is the fact that when you turn off does not save the positions of the potentiometers and you have to reset everything, but for geeks is a good compromise
minimmaxfabio

Post by minimmaxfabio »

Hello everyone I'm new in this fantastic forum, after a long absence, I would like to ask a question about my minimax asb creamware; while I was playing has suddenly become silent, I'm reloading the software 2_00 with the old key sent me by email from SC (thanks again) but remains silent, moving the controls the value on the display varies but unfortunately no sound. Can you help me?
Thanks so much
garyb

Post by garyb »

the key will not change.
the minimax may have a hardware issue. if reloading the os does not help, then it is broken. perhaps a synth tech can track down the problem.