Is there a Scope synth plug in that does unison?

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

zerocrossing

Is there a Scope synth plug in that does unison?

Post by zerocrossing »

So, I was working on a sound with a big three voice stack with some detuning and I went though some of the Scope synths I have and I noticed that none seemed to allow for unison... Or am I missing it? I had the idea to just duplicate a synth three times using the same preset and do some detuning and panning, but that seems like the long way round for something this simple.
Mr Arkadin

Re: Is there a Scope synth plug in that does unison?

Post by Mr Arkadin »

I'll have to have a proper look when I get to my system, there are definitely third party synths with it. For the ones that don't you could try the MIDI device Unisix.

http://forums.scopeusers.com/viewtopic. ... ix#p253982
sunmachine

Post by sunmachine »

Profit 5 and Zarg's ProWave have Unison.
And if you have Modular IV you can add Unison to any patch by replacing the MIDI Voice Controller (MVC) with the MVC C.
faxinadu

Post by faxinadu »

unisix is sometimes a bit buggy, it works but be careful. (still awesome)
mvc c is great, but there is a bit of a timing issue with the modular module (still awesome)

shameless plug: hang tight for our Ocean Storm synth, unison is a big part of what it does.
Scope, Android, Web, PC Plugins and Sounds:
http://www.oceanswift.net
Music
https://faxinadu.bandcamp.com/
David

Post by David »

faxinadu wrote:unisix is sometimes a bit buggy, it works but be careful. (still awesome)
mvc c is great, but there is a bit of a timing issue with the modular module (still awesome)
Is it possible for you to make a unison module without the bugs or timing issue? (you were asking for requests)
faxinadu wrote:shameless plug: hang tight for our Ocean Storm synth, unison is a big part of what it does.
Looking forward to a new synth sound, any demos or pics to further entice?

And... will you be returning to to your modular course (30 modulars in 30 days)?
zerocrossing

Post by zerocrossing »

Thanks kids! I'll spark up Profit 5 later, I think that'll do the trick. I looked at ProTone and I thought it didn't do it so Profit 5 probably didn't either, so I just ended up using Dmitry Sches' Diversion, which has a very cool architecture and sounds great but I was hoping for something a little more retro-ish.
zerocrossing

Post by zerocrossing »

faxinadu wrote:unisix is sometimes a bit buggy, it works but be careful. (still awesome)

shameless plug: hang tight for our Ocean Storm synth, unison is a big part of what it does.
Looking forward to this. The screen shot looked good.
fra77x2

Post by fra77x2 »

The Midi Voice Control atom (that offers unison) of the SDK is perfect,
so if the MVC C modular module is based on this and has not any silly mistake on the packaging
(which a doubt)
then the information about "timing" issues is wrong.

And please guys before starting replicating information you heard just once,
cross check the information, perform some tests whatever...

Also before performing tests, learn how to perform tests...
jksuperstar

Post by jksuperstar »

The timing "issue" is that mvc C has a little more latency than the other MVC devices. It also is much more complex.
http://www.terrabola.org/AudioTest/EGte ... tMVCC.html
fra77x2

Post by fra77x2 »

No way.
In the "test" you display your modules have changed dsp and introduced latency due to communication.
Don't make me test the mvc c.

Also in your "tests" page to work with the flexor envs you have to connect the gate to the esync.
Tau

Post by Tau »

hey john,

when i made those tests, what i wanted to see was the difference between midi and asio triggering (with silent way plugins). so i tried different combinations of trigger, eg and mvc.

the results are clearly shown in the pictures. mvc c works pretty well, except when using a flexor eg. i tried each test a few times, but only one set of results is shown (others were identical).

btw flexor does have an esync module connected (also see picture). but i did try it also without e-sync, if you care to look.

i most certainly won't redo the tests at this time, but if there's something you find less than honest in the experiment design, execution or conclusions, do let me know, so i can correct the paper, or at least write a disclaimer. it's not a clinical trial, but i like to keep things as true as possible.

best

t

btw, many thanks for your sdk tutorials, haven't got into it yet, but it was something that was needed for the platform, imho
fra77x2

Post by fra77x2 »

Look i don't use the MVC c because i work in the sdk,
but i regularly use the midi voice atom that provides the unison functionality.

Now because i doubt the MVC c module have a crucial error in the packaging, that introduces such a latency
and the mentioned "timing" issues ( which is possible but i think it is not)
i rather think that there is a problem with the tests i see.

One way to introduce such latency is to load some modules in another dsp.
Every connection to a different dsp will add 5 samples.

I'm also using audio triggering -but not the silent sleepers- and the mvc's all types of these
-at least the sdk atoms- have 0 samples latency.
Because i have designed my custom envelopes i have also observed down to sample 1. Everything is all right.

Most important when performing such tests is to have an idea of the dsp the modules are loaded.
So the normal Scope software is not recommended for such tests.
You should perform these on the sdk and load all modules in the same dsp.

p.s. Thanks for your nice words, i will upload some more sdk tutorials soon.
Tau

Post by Tau »

ok, i see what you mean now :)

cheers!
faxinadu

Post by faxinadu »

fair enough, but in the real world (scope with modular) mvcC sometimes has issues. didn't test, don't know why and frankly i'm fine with using it, but conditions can be created where it doesn't behave right.

not every scope user is a super-user or sdk level user so a tiny heads up on some modules that can act funny in certain situations is i think acceptable information.
Scope, Android, Web, PC Plugins and Sounds:
http://www.oceanswift.net
Music
https://faxinadu.bandcamp.com/