Will be scope 6 too ambitious ?

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

babaorum

Will be scope 6 too ambitious ?

Post by babaorum »

Scope 6 was announced for a wile now ... :roll:

Was it not too ambitious to try rewrite all the system ? is there a serious operationnal kernel of scope6 ? is the delay due to third parties which not play the game ?

all is questions .... without response ... Sonic Core should communicate a little to tell the story if they respect their purchasers I think.
Sonic Core Luna II + Pulsar II scope v5.1.2709-x64, Cubase 9.0.20 (64), Pro Tools 12.7, Wavelab element 9 (64), windows 8.1 pro (64), Asus P6T 18Go RAM core i7 920, SSL Duende Native - Lexicon PCM Reverb Bundle - Waves - Sonnox
hubird

Re: Will be scope 6 too ambitious ?

Post by hubird »

there's no money to get development done.
Nothing will happen.

http://forums.scopeusers.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=33953
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

crowdfunding.
4PC + Scope 5.0 + no more Xite + 2xScope Pro + 6xPulsarII + 2xLunaII + SDK + a lot of devices (Flexor III & Solaris 4.1 etc.) + Plugiator.
hubird

Post by hubird »

proposed already.
No reactions from S/C, alas :) .
babaorum

Post by babaorum »

I read some posts on the link, yes it's true that waves drivers aren't ok but all use ASIO but I have a pb because when cubase is opened and I want to edit in wavelab a sound I can't in the same time I have to close cubase and open wavelab, it's really annoying, it will be very cool if Sonic could fix it. (Only input waves doesn't work , output for windows works fine !).
If this fix happen I don't really waiting for scope 6 in fact ... My old cards are ok with 5.1 in 64bits and it's fantaéstic to have that quality and usefull with 12 old years cards in audio world !!!
Sonic Core Luna II + Pulsar II scope v5.1.2709-x64, Cubase 9.0.20 (64), Pro Tools 12.7, Wavelab element 9 (64), windows 8.1 pro (64), Asus P6T 18Go RAM core i7 920, SSL Duende Native - Lexicon PCM Reverb Bundle - Waves - Sonnox
Marco

Post by Marco »

I think Windows 10 is the Problem. Who want to have it?
I keep win7 and the 5.1

Does a Roland Sh 101 need an update?
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
ronnie

Post by ronnie »

Have you tried these? The Odeus lets you run multiple ASIO apps at the same time....
mathieu wrote:Odeus/ASIOLinkPro

install this, then choose port audio scope asio, everithing will be find
And the Wavelab patch might help with issues with Wavelab and SCOPE.

http://forums.scopeusers.com/download/file.php?id=12352

Hope this helps.
"I’ve come to the conclusion that synths are like potatoes, they’re no good raw—you’ve got to cook ‘em, and I cooked these sounds for months before I got them to the point where they sounded musical to me." Lyle Mays
babaorum

Post by babaorum »

thanks, I had the wavelab's patch already but didn't know the asiolink pro ;)
zerocrossing

Post by zerocrossing »

anabella wrote:I think Windows 10 is the Problem. Who want to have it?
I keep win7 and the 5.1

I don't think Windows 10 is a problem, though I do need to run Live in 8 compatibility mode to get ASIO working with the XITE-1. (Works fine in Sonar)

But I think it's wrong to compare a DSP/io box like the Scope stuff to a 101. The 101 has no elements that don't work on 64 bit systems, and before you say, "well why are you using a 64 bit system?" I'll answer because I do live loop based music that requires lots of RAM and I have several plug ins that I rely on that are 64 bit only. So for nothing else, a Scope 6 that'll run everything in a 64 bit computer OS isn't a lot to ask. Your 101 will continue to work with both OSs. ;)

I think crowd funding is a decent idea. I think Scope could do a better job marketing and getting the word out instead of having guys like me accidentally happen upon it. More XITE-1Ds should become available... Perhaps even a 1C that's even a bit less powerful as an entry level product. This holiday season there was only a single sale (Flexor) in the entire Scope store. It seems that developers aren't even thinking that the Scope system is a viable place to make a living. Maybe reaching out to a developer like U-He would be a great way to inject some new interest into the platform.
ronnie

Post by ronnie »

U-he, UVI and Acustica stuff on Scope DSP would be killer (if DSP architecture would help tame their beasts; I'm not a developer so I don't know how much can be offloaded from the CPU to DSP and how much DSP is needed if it's possible).
"I’ve come to the conclusion that synths are like potatoes, they’re no good raw—you’ve got to cook ‘em, and I cooked these sounds for months before I got them to the point where they sounded musical to me." Lyle Mays
dante

Post by dante »

U-he had half a dozen Rack Extensions for sale for Reason, but have stopped developing for that platform due it being such a small market share - so can't see them going for Scope.
zerocrossing

Post by zerocrossing »

ronnie wrote:U-he, UVI and Acustica stuff on Scope DSP would be killer (if DSP architecture would help tame their beasts; I'm not a developer so I don't know how much can be offloaded from the CPU to DSP and how much DSP is needed if it's possible).
Well, the key is motivation. How can a company divert resources to a platform unless there is the promise of a return on the investment.
tlaskows

Post by tlaskows »

zerocrossing wrote:
anabella wrote:I think Windows 10 is the Problem. Who want to have it?
I keep win7 and the 5.1

I don't think Windows 10 is a problem, though I do need to run Live in 8 compatibility mode to get ASIO working with the XITE-1. (Works fine in Sonar)

But I think it's wrong to compare a DSP/io box like the Scope stuff to a 101. The 101 has no elements that don't work on 64 bit systems, and before you say, "well why are you using a 64 bit system?" I'll answer because I do live loop based music that requires lots of RAM and I have several plug ins that I rely on that are 64 bit only. So for nothing else, a Scope 6 that'll run everything in a 64 bit computer OS isn't a lot to ask. Your 101 will continue to work with both OSs. ;)

I think crowd funding is a decent idea. I think Scope could do a better job marketing and getting the word out instead of having guys like me accidentally happen upon it. More XITE-1Ds should become available... Perhaps even a 1C that's even a bit less powerful as an entry level product. This holiday season there was only a single sale (Flexor) in the entire Scope store. It seems that developers aren't even thinking that the Scope system is a viable place to make a living. Maybe reaching out to a developer like U-He would be a great way to inject some new interest into the platform.
Windows 10 will be a problem for a while. It likes to update at least once a week. And I have this brand new Asus laptop with a touch screen that's been turned on for 10 days and guess what... the touch screen doesn't work. So there are tons and tons of bugs. Anyone that's in their right mind would stick with good old Win 7 that's pretty stable.

-Tom
hubird

Post by hubird »

tlaskows wrote: Anyone that's in their right mind would stick with good old Win 7 that's pretty stable.

-Tom
zerocrossing wrote:, and before you say, "well why are you using a 64 bit system?" I'll answer because I do live loop based music that requires lots of RAM and I have several plug ins that I rely on that are 64 bit only.
tlaskows

Post by tlaskows »

Aye,

Rebooted my Windows 10 laptop with a touch screen and guess what? The touch screen works again.

I don't think you want your touch screen to shut itself off while performing live...

-Tom
astroman

Post by astroman »

zerocrossing wrote:... This holiday season there was only a single sale (Flexor) in the entire Scope store. It seems that developers aren't even thinking that the Scope system is a viable place to make a living. ...
well, they don't just think it - they KNOW it - sadly from experience
(I won't repeat a rant that's more than a decade old, but after all customers get what they deserve)
no cash spent - no plugins following

Universal Audio can trick folks into thinking they got real hardware for bargain
(because they have rights to use original brands/labels in aggressive marketing)
people don't buy on quality (let alone listen), but on opportunity: stuff is famous, stuff is expensive, I saved $$$
THAT is the only thing that sells

you have to consider investment versus return - forget anything in recreating 'Scope as we know it'
if you could (let's assume) fund the project, you just wouldn't get it delivered in this century
go figure WHY it's never been broken up and exploited ...
it's just not worth the effort
the technology may be among the most smart solutions available - but only usable in that narrow context
(after all the hardware is the true protection: without a physical box to run on, it's useless)

cheers, Tom
tlaskows

Post by tlaskows »

Just from experience, these kickstarter campaigns don't usually work.

I put money down on an Open Pandora. It was about 3 years late at the least and 3 times the price when it came out and it sucked. Unreliable, cheap plastic for enclosure. Just slow to play games or do anything on it. And this is a 600$ 'toy'.

-Tom

EDIT:

Lesson learned. Use what you have or what you can get now.
zerocrossing

Post by zerocrossing »

tlaskows wrote:Just from experience, these kickstarter campaigns don't usually work.

I put money down on an Open Pandora. It was about 3 years late at the least and 3 times the price when it came out and it sucked. Unreliable, cheap plastic for enclosure. Just slow to play games or do anything on it. And this is a 600$ 'toy'.

-Tom

EDIT:

Lesson learned. Use what you have or what you can get now.
True, and even I, who should probably be on The Dr. Drew Show getting treated for my G.A.S, knows that even if another plug in is never developed for Scope we still have quite a bag of tools. I knew what I was getting into for sure.

As for Kickstarter campaigns, I think it can be a mixed bag. My wife, who's constantly losing her keys ended up getting Tile as a gift and it seems good. I think if you're funding an unproven start-up, there's a high risk. If any of you are following the Futursonus Parva debacle, this is exactly what I'm talking about. It seems like the developer has all the best intentions but has no idea how to market and deal with issues in his supply chain and general software bugs as they come up. People are just now starting to get units that were promised last October and they seem pretty buggy. I think it'll get all sorted out but the backers sure need to be patient. It's almost like you pay for the right to be a beta tester.

...but, a company like Sonic Core has a lot of experience creating hardware/software based products. If they announced they were doing a Kickstarter for a new synth emulation, say for a Oberheim OB-X/8, I personally don't feel like it would be a giant risk to fund that due to their track record.

The reason I brought up the Ensoniq Fizmo though, is that, well aside from being a personal favorite of mine, it's not been emulated in software. Most likely due to the high quality effects processor being too processor intensive for a developer to take a chance on. One of the biggest laments of any new plug in is that they're too processor intensive. So, if you came out with a great Fizmo/TS/DP4 emulator, I bet you'd generate some buzz around Scope. It would have to coincide with a decent availability of XITE-1Ds though, as I think too many would balk at the price of the XITE-1.
tlaskows

Post by tlaskows »

I don't think the price is an issue. Pro audio has never been cheap. The Xite-1 is priced properly. But I don't need all that power for my needs. I never even come close to maxing out my old PCI cards. And I am very happy that S|C still supports them. They still sound great. Xite-1d would make more sense to me, but with PCI I have 4 hardware MIDI ports and tons of inputs. The Xite-1d does not provide that yet.

-Tom
hubird

Post by hubird »

Guys, talking about new emulations is absolutely out of...any reality whatsoever.

I wouldn't even want S/C thinking of it, it would be stupid to do even if there was money for it.

So-o much 'life saving' important things to do first...if that's yet possible anyway.