Will be scope 6 too ambitious ?

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

happycritter

Re: Will be scope 6 too ambitious ?

Post by happycritter »

jksuperstar wrote:In my mind, the Slot idea in XITE reflects the older PCI paradigm: each slot is like a PCI card, and the older sharcs serve as the cables between cards. The optimizer doesn't seem to take this into account.
Why reinvent the wheel? The PCIs were quite competent. Now 'they' get a performance boost by offloading some DSP demand on the newer/faster chips - keeping the architecture and thus programming nearly the same. Makes sense to me.

Perhaps SCOPE 6 was a bit of a moving target for a small team to hit: there are small armies of programmers working for MS/Apple developing their OSs, very difficult to keep pace much less get ahead. At the time SCOPE 6 was introduced as 'nearly complete' it probably wasn't too ambitious, but now we've skipped 9 and gone straight to Windows 10. Not that I'm interested in that at all, I found 8 to be abhorrent.
xw8400
2.33 GHz Xeon Quad core (E5345 Socket 771) x2
32Gb ECC buffered memory
AMD HD7700
Samsung 850 EVO 250Gb root drive
Windows 7 Pro (64bit)
Sonar Platinum
XITE-1 (flipping awesome!)
astroman

Re: Will be scope 6 too ambitious ?

Post by astroman »

well... I seriously hope that this will not be the case
neither Win10 nor OSX ElCap bear a single bit of progress... imo
unless you consider 'progress' a synonyme for messing with encryption paranoia and forcing users into subscription schemes :D
what's the most prominent IT news you read today ?
it's all about breaking into something, research is about destruction - not productivity

cheers, Tom