What plugins are missing in Scope? What do you want more of?

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

faxinadu

What plugins are missing in Scope? What do you want more of?

Post by faxinadu »

So! Started to work more serious in SDK, teaming up with a graphics artist as well for gui designs :) Not sure yet if our devices will be free or for sale or a combination.

The toughest thing in SDK is to get going, once you get past the crazy initial learning curve things clear up a bit, having lots of fun now and it is becoming more logical/intuative for me.

We are building some things and have a few ideas on things we want to build. Some of the stuff we are making is already available on the platform in some shape or form but I wanted to ask what you think is missing or even what you would like more of? I've been going through my folders of free/sold devices people made for scope through the years, and there's tons of good stuff covering a lot already.
Scope, Android, Web, PC Plugins and Sounds:
http://www.oceanswift.net
Music
https://faxinadu.bandcamp.com/
1Squid

Re: What plugins are missing in Scope? What do you want more

Post by 1Squid »

Hi there,
Since your asking I'd like to see and pay for, a basic multitrack, with a gui so I can play into scope without using ASIO.
I'd also like a really good amp sim like the wayfarer from scuffham s-gear.
Some kind of convolution engine.

All really tough to do I'm sure but I'm sure these things would add heaps to the platform.

Cheers
bcslaam

Post by bcslaam »

Hi

Audio Post

1) Dolby Pro II/Dolby Digital/DTS decoder from WDM/SPDIF into scope environment
2) Dolby Pro II/Dolby Digital/DTS/E encoder (wishful)
3) 7.1 LFE/Bass management w/xover/level control
4) 7.1 X-curve EQ, room calibration
5) LUFS meter (with legacy Dialogue Norm reading)

Live

6) Autotune (simple one for live performance) with midi changeable presets, key and sensitivity
7) OSC to MIDI mapper, OSC in modular
8) HD Streaming playback sampler capable of loading kontakt patches. Like Samplelord but in scope for ULTRA low latency (for live performance)
9) MIDI master channel splitter/transformer/patcher - sort doing the job of Brainspawn Forte or Cantable but in the scope environment
10) Feedback destroyer

11) "inter" scope/vst LAN farming sort of like VEPro for scope

...well you asked :) Dollby/DTS decoder would attract many HT enthusiast as well as studios.
Last edited by bcslaam on Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
faxinadu

Post by faxinadu »

well those are all super worthy things, but i think those are major undertaking and most of these would have to be done on the company level (sonic-core)....

i'm talking more about synths, effects, modular modules.
Music
bcslaam

Post by bcslaam »

Yes I thought so, but rather than me make another thread please consider this my requests for 2016 to all developers including Sonic Core.

Do-able FX for Faxinadu: Amp sim, simple autotune, feedback destroyer, surround control room with BM and xover.

Happy NY! Thanks to all developers for keeping scope alive.
wouterz

Post by wouterz »

A drum synth with build in sequencer (that works on XITE-1) would be very cool :) If it can be synced using a Flexor ramp signal that would work for me.
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

faxinadu wrote: i'm talking more about synths, effects, modular modules.
Synths:

Emulation of Oberheim SEM (device)

Emulation of 1 voice of Oberheim Xpander/ Matrix-12 and incl. preset list for individual voice(s),- then create a shell allowing organization of voices inside that shell and like in Oberheim Xpander/ Matrix-12 multi-patch mode and preset list for the shell.
I imagine it being some kind of semi-modular MIDI multi-mode device and modules combo.

We have Moog, we have ARP and SCI.
Obie would be nice in addition.

FX (devices):

Bode Frequency Shifter and Oberheim Ringmodulator emulations
MXR Flanger clone, the vintage grey one and in mono
Mutron Bi-Phase clone
DynoMy/Songbird Tri-Stereo Chorus clone
Roland SDD-320 Dimension D clone

All DSP friendly design and use XITE internal RAM, thus being optimised for XITE anyway ... :D

I´d buy ´em when working correctly and come w/ original sonic behaviour and characteristics.

8)

Bud
S|C Scope/XITE-1 & S|C A16U, Scope PCI & CW A16U
tlaskows

Post by tlaskows »

I don't understand.

Do you have the really old SDK? The new SDK doesn't allow you to write custom DSP code. So any emulation is out of the question. I wanted to emulate the DX7 properly at the least, but I can't.

Last time I heard from Holger, it's not possible to have custom DSP files in the SDK 5.x

-Tom
jksuperstar

Post by jksuperstar »

There are enough atoms to pull off most non-specialized emulations.

FM kinda falls in the specialized category. Amp sims require careful phase and frequency handling, select functions, etc. All doable by the available atoms.
tlaskows

Post by tlaskows »

Good point JK.

But I think filter emulation would require custom code. I had 'some' code for the C64 filter, but that was 15 years ago. It used a lot of lookup tables. You will not be able to do this with the at0ms.

DX7 envelopes - I don't see how to do this. They are very different. I forgot how many stages they have, but it's between 6-8.

VCOs? I've build many analog VCOs from various schematics. On the Scope they all looked the same. Perfect - like a digitally generated wave/no artifacts. All the ADSRs I've made from various schematics also pretty much looked the same. I don't know what they used for EG in the late 60s and early 70, but it was probably just a resistor and capacitor. That's what gave them the unique charge/discharge curve. But there's an atom for that. Vintage AD will cover those.

So the only real problem is the filter emulation. It's really the filter that gives the synth a character. Everything else can be used and adjusted to your liking.

Cheers,

-Tom
faxinadu

Post by faxinadu »

but why even try to emulate 1:1 anyways? why not take a concept and do something for scope with it, whatever it might be.

we have some devices coming, in the concepts of my modular ideas. some stuff more utility in nature and some stuff more original. not looking to invent the wheel, looking to get the sounds i use onto devices :)

thinking of a pack for acid/techno/psychedelic music.
"5 into 10"
10 synths
10 effects
10 modular modules
10 modular patches
10 presets each
Music
tlaskows

Post by tlaskows »

Of course, you can do a lot of stuff with the SDK. Much more than the Modular... and pack it up into a nice module :)

Sorry I had a long day. The SDK is fun. But I was busy trying to get my SID going :o

-Tom
Music Manic

Post by Music Manic »

VDAT Stereo
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

Hi Faxi; Great that you are going SDK now. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

I really like the ideas that Bud came up with. Not sure how much of that will be achievable by you.
Generally speaking I like modulation/delay type effects best.

Maybe some ideas:

Doppler effect
Wind machine
Munchinizer to Darth Vaderizer autosweep (yeah ok pitch modulator haha)
Filter with midi/note/velocity triggered auto-sweep
Ambient soundscape synth (crickets,frogs, loons, owls etc)
Bell synth - church handbells, giant church bells, gongs etc.
Randomizer/Chaos machine
Industrial Machine Lab (like maybe have a different section of the synth for each machine in a factory such as a conveyor, elevator lift, welder, etc and then a vector control area to pan btwn the different machines)

I would also like to see a mixer bus switch/matrix/patchbay

Take the 8 bus output from a standard mixer into the bus switch/patchbay with 4 group routings for example Xite ADAT A Dest, Xite ADAT B Dest, Z Link A Dest, Z Link B Dest with a matrix to route individual channels

Anyway, there's some or all of that here already but eh....just thinking

Dan
Marco

Post by Marco »

Hi faxi, Im deaming of a Synthesizer where i can influence 4 Sounds by a midi vector stick, the vector stick could be automated or manuell controlled. The 4 Sounds could be everyting, A Synthesizer within scope, or a vst Instrument or a external device e. G. A dx7II or everyting mixed! :D
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

faxinadu wrote:but why even try to emulate 1:1 anyways? why not take a concept and do something for scope with it, whatever it might be.
In my age I don´t have the intention reinventing the wheel.
The gear I mentioned is classic,- that´s why I also mentiioned "we have MOOG (Minimax), ARP (Prodyssey) and SCI (Profit5 / ProTone/ Prowave & ProOne) already,- and there´s Roland (YouKnow7) too.

It´s about the special characteristics of these synths and in fact it´s the gear which made more experimental as well as commercial mainstream music successful than most other gear designed later.

Mentioning other real classics is EMS VCS3, Yammi CS80 and then digital territory,- DX7 (FM), D50 and D550, M1,- (ROMplers) then EMU and AKAI samplers.

When doing the emulation of a Oberheim SEM p.ex., that´s only the module which was the basis for several Obie mono- and polysynths,- and it was also combinable w/ modular synths ´cause it had all the I/O mini-jacks at it´s back.
I think it would be a great addition to SCOPE since you were able using it as a device or as a module in modular and combine it also w/ Prowave in modular and so on.
And officialy, we don´t have that Obie State Variable Filter available in SCOPE up to now.
But IIRC, jhulk did one for the BC Modular, isn´t it ?

An Obie sounds so much different from a Prophet, Minimoog or Odyssey.
Oberheim build a lot of synths, but have the voice of a SEM and the voice of Xpander/Matrix-12 and you have in functionality and sonically the best Oberheim ever created.

The old gear sounded good and is proven to work perfect in several context.
But it was sometimes very unreliable,- so, close emulations in software, especially running realtime on DSP, make sense.

I´m pretty fine w/ the workhorses´ concepts from the past which was the golden time of rock-, pop as also electronic music (p.ex. Tangerine Dream, Klaus Schulze etc.)
But that´s only me and I know others might see it different.
faxinadu wrote: we have some devices coming, in the concepts of my modular ideas. some stuff more utility in nature and some stuff more original. not looking to invent the wheel, looking to get the sounds i use onto devices :)

thinking of a pack for acid/techno/psychedelic music.
"5 into 10"
10 synths
10 effects
10 modular modules
10 modular patches
10 presets each

good luck,- and let ´em coming ...

:)

Bud
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

anabella wrote:Hi faxi, Im deaming of a Synthesizer where i can influence 4 Sounds by a midi vector stick, the vector stick could be automated or manuell controlled. The 4 Sounds could be everyting, A Synthesizer within scope, or a vst Instrument or a external device e. G. A dx7II or everyting mixed! :D
Kind of ZARG Rotor EX ... http://www.zargmusic.com/rotorex.html

But it´s soooo DSP & SAT hungry :cry:

Bud
Marco

Post by Marco »

Thats why i whish to have a midi vst and external Synthesizer Support

I have Rotor, but it eats all of my dsps

A midi and vst Support device would make it possible to Player mono and poly synth
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

What about some Stutter/Glitch type plugin with a few new ideas? Something similar to Izotope's Stutter Edit. This doesn't seem like it requires a lot of advanced knowledge with developing.

A Speech Synthesizer like Plogue's Chipspeech (lovely plugin, definitely on my to-buy-list)? Or a better Talk-Box than what Celmo has? Here's Chipspeech link - http://www.plogue.com/products/chipspeech/

A creative/fictional reverb like Eventide and Strymon? I also echo yayajohn with loving Modulation effects.

A new Sampler?

I also echo Wouters new Drumsynth with step-sequencer request but add MicroEdit Engine like Izotope's Breaktweaker.

EDITED
Last edited by Sounddesigner on Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ehasting

Post by ehasting »

I would love some kind of LFO tool in Scope.

https://www.xferrecords.com/products/lfotool
I already own it in VST, but would be nice to have some scope filters, and perhaps some other magic into it like pitch or something.
Gross Beat from FL Studio is missed a lot since i am now using Reaper as a DAW - a bit in the same street.. bpm sync is a clue i guess.
http://www.image-line.com/plugins/Effects/Gross+Beat/

would be even sweeter if it could be synced to the daw somehow when start/stop playing.

Vintage chorus style would be nice.. some 1-3 button to push style..
Another thing that could be cool is getting some of the Z-plane filter models into scope.. After starting using the Akai Z4 instead of my emu e6400 i have been missing some of the Z-plane filter models.. but.. i don't have a clue right now how they are actually modeled in the box.. but my fav. was the Notch Peak filter i think it was called..

I also second the Oberheim SEM. Or in concept a simple/limited in design but powerful in sound kind of synth.

anyway, thanks for all the contribs. to the community - love your youtube vids.
Higen
http://www.scopeportal.com - Community Sonic Core SCOPE Plugins and Devices
http://www.higen.org