What plugins are missing in Scope? What do you want more of?

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

tlaskows

Re: What plugins are missing in Scope? What do you want more

Post by tlaskows »

I asked this a long time ago.

But I would love a JP-6 filter. It's very unique. Roland actually used the same chips in few different devices but in different configs so they all sound different. Of course I have no idea how I can help here...

-Tom
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

ehasting wrote:Gross Beat from FL Studio is missed a lot since i am now using Reaper as a DAW - a bit in the same street.. bpm sync is a clue i guess.
http://www.image-line.com/plugins/Effects/Gross+Beat/
Yeah ! That plugin is absolutely fantastic ! And in french, "Gross Beat" means simply "big dick" ! So the belgium guys who made that amazing plugin have gross humour !

Melda Production released exactly the same one : Mrhythmizer. And a second one : multiband rythmizer !

I'm not sure it would be easy to make one for Scope... But it would be awesome !
You already can do amazing fx in some identical way with Roy's delays and other devices like the S|C pitch shifter or Roy's one :
http://www.cwmodular.org/device-mooxer.html
http://www.cwmodular.org/device-fooxer.html
http://www.cwmodular.org/device-pshifter.html

You'll not have exactly the same results but very nice ones nevertheless !
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

tlaskows wrote:I asked this a long time ago.

But I would love a JP-6 filter. It's very unique. Roland actually used the same chips in few different devices but in different configs so they all sound different. Of course I have no idea how I can help here...

-Tom
Roland IR3109 filter chip was in:

Jupiter-4, -6, -8
Juno-6, -60, -106
TB-303
SH-101

But all these synths sound somewhat different because of different circuitry.

Same w/ JX8P, JX10 & MKS70
Filter chip IR3105, but all sound slightly different.

Is YouKnow 7 a Roland Juno-6 emulation ?
If yes,- that´s (basically) the Jupiter-6 filter you want.

Bud
S|C Scope/XITE-1 & S|C A16U, Scope PCI & CW A16U
tlaskows

Post by tlaskows »

The filter on the 007 sounds nothing like the one on jup 6. I used to have one
dante

Post by dante »

Nothing. Scope does everything I need it to.
zerocrossing

Post by zerocrossing »

I'm a big plus 1 for an Oberheim SEM emulation if that's possible. That would be great.

I've also wondered why no one has ever attempted to do an Ensoniq transwave/hyperwave based synth emulation (Like the TS or Fizmo). There's nothing like it in native plug ins at all.

But anything sort of forward thinking and new would be welcome to me. Seems like there's so much interesting development going on in the native plug in world. I picked up Obscurium over the holiday sale and while it's synth engine is basic, it's sequencing functionality is fantastic and so interesting.
marcianus

Post by marcianus »

zerocrossing wrote:
I've also wondered why no one has ever attempted to do an Ensoniq transwave/hyperwave based synth emulation (Like the TS or Fizmo). There's nothing like it in native plug ins at all.

And an Emu Morpheus Z-Plane emulation, too
astroman

Post by astroman »

why would you emulate something that's available for bargain... ;)
(EMU's Esi-Samplers go dead cheap today)

there's more than enough filter stuff within Modular in it's various flavours...
for anything beyond there's Apefilter, my current favourite

cheers, Tom
ehasting

Post by ehasting »

astroman wrote:why would you emulate something that's available for bargain... ;)
(EMU's Esi-Samplers go dead cheap today)
i guess the same reason why people want their scope sampler or step sequencer , convenience :). you can always bash that kind of argument with
"x-y-z is so cheap, so why?". But i don't think that is the point, its a mater of workflow to this.

However, the ESI sampler does not have the most interesting morphing filters from the emu e6400/e5000 series (i think they both are in ultra and classic).
so, why do you want to buy a dead cheap esi- sampler when its not even doing that?! :P.

Again: EMU Peak/Shelf https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18Li9Z1XITs
Very cool filter, however nobody seems to have the exact reverse engineering on how that filter is created.. but its responsible for a lot of great drum and bass records for sure :).

Rgs
Egil
Higen
http://www.scopeportal.com - Community Sonic Core SCOPE Plugins and Devices
http://www.higen.org
zerocrossing

Post by zerocrossing »

marcianus wrote:
zerocrossing wrote:

And an Emu Morpheus Z-Plane emulation, too
Boy howdy!

The EmulatorX 3 plug in does some Z-Plane filter action, but not as sophisticated as what was done in the Morpheus. An overlooked plug in in the VST/AU world is U-He's Filterscape. Not only is it a filter effect plug in, but there is a synth version as well (both included in the price). It is excellent for doing crazy filter morphing sounds, though the synthesis engine is very basic. I'm hoping that Urs includes these morphing filters in Zebra 3.
astroman

Post by astroman »

ehasting wrote:... so, why do you want to buy a dead cheap esi- sampler when its not even doing that?! :P.
admittedly... I don't use it much (though I like it's tone)
but iirc the ESI + TurboBoard (which has the z-plane stuff) did cost me less than the Heckman plugin ;)

speaking drum&bass the $7 Apefilter does 10 times more in just a fraction of time (say 2-10%)
interactively, midi controllable and mixed mode (screen action overrides sequence and falls back when leaving the surface)
core algorithms are top notch:
the same very developer does the must faithful reproduction of the EMS Synthi currently available

cheers, Tom
zerocrossing

Post by zerocrossing »

astroman wrote:
ehasting wrote:... so, why do you want to buy a dead cheap esi- sampler when its not even doing that?! :P.
admittedly... I don't use it much (though I like it's tone)
but iirc the ESI + TurboBoard (which has the z-plane stuff) did cost me less than the Heckman plugin ;)

speaking drum&bass the $7 Apefilter does 10 times more in just a fraction of time (say 2-10%)
interactively, midi controllable and mixed mode (screen action overrides sequence and falls back when leaving the surface)
core algorithms are top notch:
the same very developer does the must faithful reproduction of the EMS Synthi currently available

cheers, Tom
Better than XILS 4?
astroman

Post by astroman »

the XILS is considered 'inspired by'...
(but I most likely did not try it myself as it requires an iLok, so checked the Amazona comparison of the two devices)

the Amazona description of the iVCS is correct in calling it occasionally 'epileptic'
for certain small dial ranges it may provide a more or less harsh surprise
not shure if the hardware reacts similiar or if that's just some math grit
the general operation is really smooth and stepping/zipper free
and it's fun to whipe-dial, a nice responsive interface

but I mentioned it mainly to emphasize what kind of engine acts behind Apefilter
Petrolati's stuff is based on granular algorithms, but lacks the usual metallic undertone of that kind of processing
it can loop playback samples or use the system's audio input to process the signal live

cheers, Tom
Eanna

Post by Eanna »

Bud Weiser's suggestions are cool.
Plenty other good ideas here too.

I agree with eHasting - an LFO device.

Similarly, an amplitude envelope follower - sending nominated midi CC out, with scaling - with a switchable EQ before the detector circuit, for some frequency-dependent env following.
Put a Midi-controlled bandpass filter after it, you have a wah pedal. Lots of other uses too... beginnings of a dynamic EQ, for example.

Maybe instead of a CC scaler in the env follower device, a separate Midi 'compressor' device for drawing 'compression curves' for Midi Velocity and CC... Like Ableton's "Velocity" midi device: https://www.ableton.com/en/manual/live- ... /#velocity

Also... Often felt that the Moog moogerfooger range of pedals are a prime target for some SDK whizz....

As always Faxi, thank you for your time, hard work, and persistence. It is very much appreciated... :-)
Not because it is easy, but because it is hard...
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

exactly tihs one, with all parameters controllable realtime via Midi CC: http://www.strymon.net/products/elcapistan/
:roll:
4PC + Scope 5.0 + no more Xite + 2xScope Pro + 6xPulsarII + 2xLunaII + SDK + a lot of devices (Flexor III & Solaris 4.1 etc.) + Plugiator.
Eanna

Post by Eanna »

Ah, El cap, indeed
astroman

Post by astroman »

seriously: you should warp back in time and eventually try Celmo's Vintage Delay
use a 2nd instance if more heads are needed - or his TapeEcho which emulates a Meazzi Platter (iirc)

cheers, Tom
Eanna

Post by Eanna »

Thanks Astroman.

I see the following delays from Celmo:
http://www.celmo.com/Pro_Vintage_Delay_page.htm
http://www.celmo.com/Tape_Echo_Sim_page.html
http://www.celmo.com/Vintage_EchoQ_Details.htm
http://www.celmo.com/EchoreQ_page_details.htm

The first of those has the magic fairy dust in an El Cap? The "bright darkness", the wandering wow/flutter control, the reverb-like saturated wash?

I ought to try demos I guess...
I see there are no keys involved in the demos. Is there a 'glitch / white noise every 60 seconds' going on there or something?

I'll check them out this weekend. Ta.
tlaskows

Post by tlaskows »

What I don't understand is why more than half of Scope plugins are not listed on S|C website...

-Tom
astroman

Post by astroman »

Eanna wrote:... The first of those has the magic fairy dust in an El Cap? The "bright darkness", the wandering wow/flutter control, the reverb-like saturated wash? ...
I watched a couple of ElCap clips on YT, it's a nice Pedal - no doubt (any echo device is a good device) :D
but honestly it didn't offer much (if anything at all) above the Holderness EchoPad I frequently use under IOS
Holderness bundles their stuff for 20 bucks (Echo/Delay/Reverb, Shimmer, Fuzz, Phaser and a great Tremolo)
pretty amazing what they squeeze from a A7 CPU, unfortunately most videos are outdated

both the ElCap and EchoPad represent a kind of 'modern' sound flavour
(you just sense a high quality processor - regardless how dirty the thing pretends to be)

Celmo's is quite different, in particular the VintagePro is outstanding even in Scope context
imh ears it's the most realistic 'tape' impression (I don't mind the wow/flutter aspect too much)
with feedback to zero it does the ADT trick (which Waves charges big under the Abbey Label) quite well ;)

cheers, Tom