Toslink patch bay

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

fraz

Toslink patch bay

Post by fraz »

http://www.z-sys.com/pp_routing.html

Hi not totally a Scope only thread but certainly to use with Scope - Still looking to add flexibility to the set up and went searching for Toslink patch bays and found the above link.

Do you folks here have any suggestions for these? - With all the techies here I'd be surprised if the answer was no -
Bud Weiser

Re: Toslink patch bay

Post by Bud Weiser »

fraz wrote:http://www.z-sys.com/pp_routing.html

Hi not totally a Scope only thread but certainly to use with Scope - Still looking to add flexibility to the set up and went searching for Toslink patch bays and found the above link.

Do you folks here have any suggestions for these? - With all the techies here I'd be surprised if the answer was no -
No word about ADAT (which is TOS-link connectors and lightpipe too).
Does it work w/ ADAT multichannel (8 channels per pipe) ?

I only read "lightpipe" and SPDIF optical.

Bud
S|C Scope/XITE-1 & S|C A16U, Scope PCI & CW A16U
garyb

Post by garyb »

yeah, "lightpipe" should be ADAT.

Hosa makes a toslink patchbay as well.
fraz

Post by fraz »

garyb wrote:yeah, "lightpipe" should be ADAT.

Hosa makes a toslink patchbay as well.
I'll look into this Garyb and others! - yes it is ADAT 120 channels through the Z-Systems Optipatch+ - I was searching and couldn't find what I was looking for - Patchbays that were coming up in the search were D-Sub [analog I/O breakout] so I had a brain wave - "Toslink patchbay" was the Google search as that is the connector for the lightpipe cable -]- 15 lots of I/O on Toslink and somehow connecting to the computer Mac or PC to save your routings -But no USB port in sight - and no mention of iPad or Android app!

The only problem is I may have resarched a product that MAY not be made anymore - I got on the website - sent a message to them - Information is sparse on their website - and I found details of installing software via floppy disc - eg - older stuff -

Would anyone here know if it is made still -
fraz

Post by fraz »

A view on if this is still manufactured still would be handy.....

Also are there any other companies that make anything as comprehensive as this or maybe slightly bigger! - or a company that makes a unit that can be cascaded for expansion-----

I've got it worked out quite nicely - It would be possible in theory to send anything anywhere if the connections are there, so from computer to computer provided they are interconnected in some way with an input and or output via Toslink - [ADAT]
fraz

Post by fraz »

Does anyone here know anything about Z-Systems Optipatch + ?
garyb

Post by garyb »

the product appears to be defunct. it was expensive. there is a demo unit for sale:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ZSYS-OptiPatch- ... Sw3ydVx94h

the hosa wasn't expensive, but it's gone too.
fraz

Post by fraz »

garyb wrote:the product appears to be defunct. it was expensive. there is a demo unit for sale:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ZSYS-OptiPatch- ... Sw3ydVx94h

the hosa wasn't expensive, but it's gone too.
This is what I was starting to think - Being too caught up in finding a solution, and finding one for the most part and researching it and where to buy etc.....

I'm in UK and spoke to an audio store apparently in massachusetts and they sent me an email to say they could get hold of the units and that they are still being manufactured - I informed them that I have emailed Z-Systems and expect a reply within the next few days.

It did seem odd that the information seemed really dated on their website - Unless another company has taken them over....

I'll find out soon enough but it does seem that it isn't around anymore.....

There must be something like this available for audio guys/girls - - that is in production thus having support / software updates