List your favorite Scope synths and effects!

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

zerocrossing

List your favorite Scope synths and effects!

Post by zerocrossing »

What are your secret weapons? Why? List'm!
jksuperstar

Re: List your favorite Scope synths and effects!

Post by jksuperstar »

My tops:

Synth- $ Zarg ProWave (Modular version). It's simple enough to get lots of voices where needed, but select mooog filter for killer bass, Modular oscillators with mod IV CZ-oscillators, waves/samples....it loads presets fast, and covers a huge range of tones. Does equally as a performing synth and extendable sound design.

Roy's synths at CWModular.org. additive atze, dxcwm, bassSynthi, ...everything he makes is worth exploring.

Effects- Flu-liq for ambience, Single Side Band Pitch shifter, Tape Delay (modular IV), $ dNa MasterComp as best colored compressor, FxKeys for *playing* effects

Mix: Spectral Balance Controller, $ Spacef Modular Mixer, STM2448-X mixer.
tlaskows

Post by tlaskows »

Ahahaha,

Yes, I was just gonna say. Pro Wave can make a lot of cool sounds. It's probably my fave, but they're all good :)

-Tom
astroman

Post by astroman »

Celmo's Vintage Delay is probably the most convincing emulation of true tape dirt out there
set feedback to zero and it can even do the Abbey Road trick for bargain (who needs Waves anyway ?) :D
his emulation of the Meazzi platter delay (TapeEcho) is top notch, too

SpaceF's Echo35 is a bit complex, but then... if you're after complex sound - it will be a perfect companion
funky trick: you can insert another Echo35 into it's feedback loop...
I love the ISON EQ (I'm not a fan of eq-ing at all), just the graphics make it a bit clumsy

all Wavelenght stuff is great, I used Europa for wobble basses almost a decade before Dubstep entered the scene
other highlights: OP8 SparC and GeminiPD

John Bowen's Solaris, Python Pro and Adern's Flexor stuff complete's my all time favorites
(that immediately come to mind...)
well...
almost lost but not forgotten: Scope's very first dedicated reverb by EarlyFirst (Paul Tanti)

cheers, Tom
Last edited by astroman on Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
tlaskows

Post by tlaskows »

Yes, Solaris 5.0 is very powerful. But even on my PCI cards that it's supposed to run well on, I think I can get like 5 voices max :( Well, for playing chords, I can always stick to something simpler/smaller. But you can make some killer 1/2 voice synth from Solaris for sure!

-Tom
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

- Celmo's phaza !

- All Peter's stuff

- DAS AI

- PsyQ, Optimaster & Vinco

- ALL modular stuff : BCmodular & CWmodular & all free modules you can get.

- Roy's stuff, or CWmodular.org devices are awesome and unique

- BlackBox devices

- MOVeq

And there is much more ! I realize that a lot of good stuff are free ! You need to go on 'device' section and download what Mr Arkadin collected to discover all that free stuff.
I'm sure you had a good idea to buy an Xite-1 !
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

MODULAR 4 - It is most versatile and customizable, includes V3 and V2 and Minimax filters, Prowave insert if you buy it, Flexor 3, etc, so its multi-personality sound-wise cause of the different algorithms from different versions and expansions. Countless patches for various different situations and over 1000 modules with a few great sounding effects in V4 and plugin-effect-inserts to use external third-party commercial effects inside it. It's always being expanded.

Physical Modeling: Six-String and B2003 organ (This organ is a stock device). There is'nt alot of physical modeling for SCOPE so these two are important to me for different type sounds. Six-String is very versatile..

Synths: Celmo blue-wave, it's simple, unique sounding and the plus version allows for a heck-of-alot of voices. Prodyssee as well. My favorites in this category use to be John Bowen's Solaris and Prowave stand-alone version but i can't use them on XITE-1 at 96khz, extremely problematic in my situation so i prefer Blue-wave and Prodyssee.

Effects: Celmo Spring Reverberator and Tape Echo Sim both have a very high quality sound and high degree of fidelity. They are very transparent sounding and have depth and are smooth enough and with a personality. Celmo's website is here if you're unfamiliar - http://www.celmo.com/page_accueil_plugins2.htm

Effects: dNa Optimus Prime, dNa MasterComp, dNa Stereo EQ, dNa Tape Echo. dNa OP is the most versatile multi-effector on SCOPE and the sound is damn good. It has the best sound-quality and sophistication ratio i've seen from any multi-effector plugin on any platform.

Stock effects: Chorus-Delay wich was created by Warp69 and another great stock plugin is Interpole filter.
Last edited by Sounddesigner on Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dante

Post by dante »

proWave, proTone, BrickMaster, MasterIT and a dNa plug.
ronnie

Post by ronnie »

Used the most: B2003, 6 String, MiniMax, ProTone, Optimaster, Ambience EQ, MasterIT EQ, Vinco, Spacef Mixers (V82) and all that Fat BlackBox Stuff, P-Stereo, Psy-Q, STM Mixers, MasterVerb Pro and Midi mergers.
"I’ve come to the conclusion that synths are like potatoes, they’re no good raw—you’ve got to cook ‘em, and I cooked these sounds for months before I got them to the point where they sounded musical to me." Lyle Mays
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

all of the above+harmonia(CX) - for pads
(a CWM masterpiece)

Optimizer is my go to Chorus/delay......to infinity and beyond

Blackbox is a treasure chest of gold nuggets

My preference of devices changes from time to time which is understandable since there are so many great choices.

Scope has been and remains the best bang for the buck. Why the rest of the world does not see this remains a mystery to me.
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

Changes a lot per project, but I would say for delay it's either space f's Echo35 or dNa's Optimus Prime.

OptiMaster gets a lot of use.

Space f's FAT devices to, well, fatten things up (I use this a lot on bussed VST instruments).

For phase I like Sharc+Shroomz PHASE 18. Free too.

Also HPM Digital's devices are cool and free, like that channel strip he did recently.

I'll use a lot of the synths as required but try not to stick to any particular one.

Although the UIs are a bit vanilla, don't forget the stock stuff, some quite useful devices in there that get overlooked.
sharc

Post by sharc »

Mr Arkadin wrote:For phase I like Sharc+Shroomz PHASE 18. Free too.
Not one of mine. Although it sounds so good I wish it was :o

This was a collaboration between my brother (Shroomz) and Warp69. I did help out with LED display graphic on the GUI, but that's as far as my contribution to this device went.
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

sharc wrote:
Mr Arkadin wrote:For phase I like Sharc+Shroomz PHASE 18. Free too.
Not one of mine. Although it sounds so good I wish it was :o

This was a collaboration between my brother (Shroomz) and Warp69. I did help out with LED display graphic on the GUI, but that's as far as my contribution to this device went.
Tbh I could never keep track of who did what so they all ended up in a folder called... sharc+shroomz.
zerocrossing

Post by zerocrossing »

I've seen a lot of mentions of SpaceF's Echo35, but I can't find anything about it anywhere other than posts. The website link looks long dead.

I think it would be a very, very, very good thing for Scope to create something like the Reaktor user library for all commercial and non-commercial software so that cool things don't just die and go away.
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

Do you know that one ?
https://www.scopeportal.com/

And here, you'll find all still avaible devices :
http://forums.scopeusers.com/viewtopic. ... 2S#p280962
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

A great resource. Thanks to our man dante!

http://www.hitfoundry.com/archives/index.htm

I think the Echo35 is part of the Blackbox II. Which hasn't been for sale in a while
zerocrossing

Post by zerocrossing »

jksuperstar wrote:Zarg ProWave (Modular version).
What do you mean by "modular version." I couldn't find anything about a modular version.
tlaskows

Post by tlaskows »

There's a way to load it up as a modular module I think. I've never tried...

-Tom
jksuperstar

Post by jksuperstar »

The modular version is licensed with ProWave...no other license needed (at least it came with my Zarg bundle only as the prowave license). I'll see where I got the file from, but look for a .mdl version.

http://www.hitfoundry.com/issue_10/pro_modu.htm
tlaskows

Post by tlaskows »

I don't have the module. I dragged the Pro Wave into the shell and it said it cannot be done :(

If someone posted a download link, that would be nice to try out. I need at least 100 extra LFOs :lol:

-Tom