Scope is magic

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

peksi

Scope is magic

Post by peksi »

Just gotta let some positive steam out..!

I just finished a rather unusual song: a gospel house track with aggressive sounds. The song is a kind of praise song in it's way but after hearing the finished result I also have to praise my Xite. I don't know what's inside that thing but whatever Xite sounds I put into my song they are an instant thick-rubbery-full-analogue-whatever gratification!!

I know you can get huge sounds with Sylenth and likes but just get one preset from Minimax into the mix and give it a go. There is something that no VST plugin had ever gotten even close to. And I have plugins worth over 10k.

Amen :)
tlaskows

Re: Scope is magic

Post by tlaskows »

Yes, Scope is the best out there right now. Still rocking my 45 Sharcs hard. But no, Sylenth1 is not a good comparison. I think it sounds pretty weak to the good old Minimax or any more recent Scope synth. Diva is pretty much the same as Scope in terms of sound quality, but it likes to eat all my cores. Of course Scope is not just synths, but I pretty much use those and the routing capabilities. Pretty soon I'll have 4 hardware MIDI ports in my Scope. I have a Midisport 4x4 but that's USB and I don't really trust it. I'd much rather have everything running into Scope and without using a sequencer when I'm just messing around.

Cheers!

-Tom
zerocrossing

Post by zerocrossing »

tlaskows wrote:Diva is pretty much the same as Scope in terms of sound quality, but it likes to eat all my cores.
Diva is indeed good, but yeah, it can be hungry. The XILS labs synths are also very good, IMO. I ended up buying a KingKORG to supplement my VST instruments. It's good but the build quality isn't the best and when I had to downsize to fit into a smaller space, it got the axe. The XITE-1 was my solution for a replacement.

I don't have it yet, but I've pretty much exhausted every demo I could find on the internet and my impression is that the XITE-1 stock instruments do sound a bit better to my ears than Diva and the KingKORG. Frankly, I listened to a bunch of Prophet 6 demos and I kind of thought the Profit 5 sounded as good to me than an actual dyed-in-the-wool analog! Of course, if I had the two together in a room I might change my mind, but I'm not that worried about that. I'm more interested in things it can do that an actual analog can't do, like combine VA with purely digital synthesis. The thing I liked about the KingKORG and Prophet 12 were the places where digital oscs met analog (and modeled analog) filters and effects.

Of course, there are plug ins like Zebra (and Zebra HZ) and Reaktor for those types of things as well, but I still get the idea that the Scope instruments have a depth and richness to their sound that the plug ins strain to get. Maybe I'll change my mind about that too, but having those quality sounds without having to look at my CPU meter will be nice.
tlaskows

Post by tlaskows »

Pro Wave sounds different and maybe even better that Pro-12/Profit-5

Have a listed if you can find demos...

-Tom