Scope 6 does not exist

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

garyb

Re: Scope 6 does not exist

Post by garyb »

not that it's all bad... :lol:
tlaskows

Post by tlaskows »

Is Holger doing all the real actual work here? If so, we have an issue :/

-Tom
dante

Post by dante »

There's another I think. It's not any more of an issue than it has been for years.
tlaskows

Post by tlaskows »

Well, this is not good. I'm sure Scope is 100s of thousands of lines of code :(

-Tom
garyb

Post by garyb »

yes, well it's been like that since the get-go.

can we kill this?
hubird

Post by hubird »

hm...why? :)

:wink:
Attachments
Unknown.jpeg
Unknown.jpeg (5.28 KiB) Viewed 3405 times
garyb

Post by garyb »

bruh.jpg
bruh.jpg (42.28 KiB) Viewed 3404 times
tlaskows

Post by tlaskows »

Come on girls. I though we were gonna stop and wait patiently :lol:

-Tom
auntybiotic

Post by auntybiotic »

Late to the party, but i do not understand why SC is letting UAD steal all the thunder.....
I would be marketing the XITE-1 as the ' UAD Apollo Eater ' at the moment - the original, the best, copied by others, etc etc
A two page add in Sound on Sound or similar would achieve this.....and would probably double the amount of xites sold.....
The UAD platform is getting so popular these days yet is a fraction of the power. So many people are starting to use it because they are aware of and believe the hype.
A bit of clever marketing, and SC could hire more developers to finish all of the aforementioned wish list(s) and provide bug fix releases as needed.
If i polled 100 sound engineers or producers, how many will know what scope is vs the uad copy?
Best kept secret, or worst marketing execution ever?
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

I'm sure you're right !

Is UAD Appolo able to do what I achieve with Xite-1 + 13 dsp pci :

4 reverbs, 4 modulars, 1 pro-wave, 25 stereo asio, each 28 used STM channel with at least one until 8 insert plugins and a complete mastering chain (graphic eq + Brainworx BX V2 + Peter's red eq + PsyQ + Optimaster + DC filter + DAS Brickmaster) all of that in the same project file at the same time with 4ms asio latency ? And I'm still far from maximum : I can add more devices if needed.

If people who are planning to buy UAD would know that, I bet they would think about their purchase a bit longer ! :roll:
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
tlaskows

Post by tlaskows »

UAD people have no idea and don't care. They want their stuff to sound like something recorded back in the 60s

-Tom
auntybiotic

Post by auntybiotic »

tlaskows wrote:UAD people have no idea and don't care. They want their stuff to sound like something recorded back in the 60s

-Tom
Yup, but they have people convinced that if you buy an Apollo you are buying óriginal analogue 'gear (1176's etc) which we all know are no better than scope but with fancier GUI's, but people buy them as they are aware of them.
I know the VINCO is an amazing compressor, but try typing it into Google or similar to find a review on it.....ditto on youtube...virtually nothing
Simply the most undersold audio tech in the world today by capability.
The more people are aware of it, the more people will buy it, the more people will start coding cool plugs for it again, the plug developers themselves will be able to maintain good version control because they are selling more and more plug ins and making enough money to justify continued investment in the platform....the more boxes will be sold...the more bug fixes from SC possible....
auntybiotic

Post by auntybiotic »

JoPo wrote:I'm sure you're right !

Is UAD Appolo able to do what I achieve with Xite-1 + 13 dsp pci :

4 reverbs, 4 modulars, 1 pro-wave, 25 stereo asio, each 28 used STM channel with at least one until 8 insert plugins and a complete mastering chain (graphic eq + Brainworx BX V2 + Peter's red eq + PsyQ + Optimaster + DC filter + DAS Brickmaster) all of that in the same project file at the same time with 4ms asio latency ? And I'm still far from maximum : I can add more devices if needed.

If people who are planning to buy UAD would know that, I bet they would think about their purchase a bit longer ! :roll:
Damn right...
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

This type of Scope 6 topic seems to crop up every couple years - especially if there are relative newcomers looking for Soniccore to be and act like the other companies out there.

My opinions are these:
1) Comparing UAD to Scope - either business or technology-wise - is a moot argument. Like comparing apples to oranges. Just because UAD uses DSP doesn't mean it's an adequate comparison to the Scope platform, which does WAY MORE than UAD does.
And for that matter, Scopes' routing environment alone is still far ahead of what RME does with Totalmix (and Totalmix is good tech.)

2) I could give a damn about samplers. I use Kontakt and Independence on rare occasion. Superior2 for drumming (ROMpler), but that's about it.
Would prefer a really good looper, maybe some guitar amp modelers, quicker MIDI preset switching, etc.

I think as long as we continue to support the developers and Holger by posting our own youtube videos, or whatever, then that will help bring Scope 6 along 'sooner'.

Soniccore is NOT like any other company out there. I LIKE the sort of old-school, skunk-works style.
Reminds me of the early days of many companies I've worked at over the years.

IF some other company were to acquire Soniccore, then I would HOPE that they not ruin or squelch the technology, but be more of a partner.

These days we have to think in a non-linear fashion.

G
tlaskows

Post by tlaskows »

I cannot afford an Xite right now, but I did put a few dollars into S|C. I am rocking old PCI cards hard, watch the screen go aaaaaaaah! I don't think they make any money from old cards unless someone buys them without the newest software. I had to pay a transfer fee from one card to another at one time. Was very quick and professional. I feel like Gary does all the work around here :lol:

The major problem I have right now is that the plugins do not run inside Sonar. I could really really use this, but I like having 64 bit. I don't feel like routing the ASIO back and forth just to use an effect. Synths are no problem. You see, I want to record everything dry, so I can open it up later and make changes. At least that's the theory. Once you record something compressed/EQd, you're kind of out of luck...

-Tom
garyb

Post by garyb »

mix in Scope.
problem solved.

if the music isn't worth finishing with your best tools, then it doesn't matter anyway.
auntybiotic

Post by auntybiotic »

siriusbliss wrote:This type of Scope 6 topic seems to crop up every couple years - especially if there are relative newcomers looking for Soniccore to be and act like the other companies out there.

My opinions are these:
1) Comparing UAD to Scope - either business or technology-wise - is a moot argument. Like comparing apples to oranges. Just because UAD uses DSP doesn't mean it's an adequate comparison to the Scope platform, which does WAY MORE than UAD does.
And for that matter, Scopes' routing environment alone is still far ahead of what RME does with Totalmix (and Totalmix is good tech.)

2) I could give a damn about samplers. I use Kontakt and Independence on rare occasion. Superior2 for drumming (ROMpler), but that's about it.
Would prefer a really good looper, maybe some guitar amp modelers, quicker MIDI preset switching, etc.

I think as long as we continue to support the developers and Holger by posting our own youtube videos, or whatever, then that will help bring Scope 6 along 'sooner'.

Soniccore is NOT like any other company out there. I LIKE the sort of old-school, skunk-works style.
Reminds me of the early days of many companies I've worked at over the years.

IF some other company were to acquire Soniccore, then I would HOPE that they not ruin or squelch the technology, but be more of a partner.

These days we have to think in a non-linear fashion.

G
I get what you say and agree with most of your points. But don't SC want to sell lot's of units and sw? I thought that's what the whole point was....more units sold = more money = more development resources + quicker responses to market changes (os versions) + more 3rd party interest = more cool stuff ......

Sometimes i get the impression noone on planetz actually wants SC to make any money, that they should slave away in a space telescope for virtually nothing as our own personal 'hidden secret' whilst we all complain on planetz about how long it takes for os releases / OSX support etc etc :-D

I am sure if more potential customers knew just how cool SC stuff is (and knowing it exists would be a good start) then I am sure we get to retain our oldschool fetishes whilst getting quicker development. Just sayin....

M
tlaskows

Post by tlaskows »

I should have the choice to mix in Sonar if I want to...

I don't mind. I'll wait and just work around for now.

-Tom
tlaskows

Post by tlaskows »

Gary,

You said at least once that you know a guy who knows a guy that can make a perfect mix with stock Cubase 4 plugins. Well, Sonar has some stock plugins. Not all of them are that good, but there are some decent ones. I hate to say this, because this has beaten to death, but if Scope doesn't integrate with people's workflow, it may just not sell all that well. BTW, Scope works great for the way I use it, no complaints. My UAD-2 (that is worthless right now) works great with Sonar, but I don't need 20 different compressors and 20 different EQs. But I have a lot of coin invested in native, so I'm really trying to steer away from being tied down to DSP.

-Tom
ehasting

Post by ehasting »

One of the biggest thing the apollo introduced was a way of using the UAD plugs in realtime..
however this workflow actually takes you out from the daw (and people love it).. and today i am using scope the same way as the apollo (more or less - if we ignore the fact that i am running moduar, and freely route whatever i want to one of the 20 analouge outputs).

synth -> A/D converter -> scope mixer (inserts..) -> Direct out -> asio -> yay baby DAW!

To be honest.. TC powercore did this "correct" workflow thingy (vst integrated plugins).. still they are more dead then my carpet in my living room.

Not sure if any workflow change would change the sales number of SCOPE.. however getting some "proper" lable name and graphics on the plugins blended with some cynical marketing could do some magic. SCOPE where early out with bx, spl and softube.. however it was probably too early. Its amazing how close a plugin sounds as soon as the plugin looks like a vintage hardware box!
Higen
http://www.scopeportal.com - Community Sonic Core SCOPE Plugins and Devices
http://www.higen.org