Scope 6 does not exist

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

garyb

Re: Scope 6 does not exist

Post by garyb »

Scope is the opposite of what the big companies are trying to do.
they want you 100% online, in the cloud with a terminal.
they want all data stored on their cloud-based servers, with you only having limited ownership.
almost there....
fraz

Post by fraz »

garyb wrote:Scope is the opposite of what the big companies are trying to do.
they want you 100% online, in the cloud with a terminal.
they want all data stored on their cloud-based servers, with you only having limited ownership.
almost there....
No this is what we don't want :) - Roland released some VSTi that you can buy and download like any other VSTi but recently they have Roland cloud which is a subscription service - No thanks I'm not interested because it costs all the time - If a VSTi is expensive which they are it is still a one off payment and you can have a license.

UAD does authorize online like Propellerheads Reason does but the software is your license - Native Instruments and Arturia have software engines for authorization which is OK but the license is yours.

Scope itself needs a license key via email [which I've archived]

Many of us here have diligently collected items over the years that are free of this [relatively speaking] - Take Cubase VST 5.2 which is years old and it's really good - :lol: - And Cubase SX, so what if it's old it is still amazing - And right at the end I managed to get Cubase 8.5 which has a 32 bit version which is not available now !!!! - phew what a relief - All these items are amazing to have but old technology just like Scope - But who cares? - :) - It's good to have them
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

Just wanted to show the Scope midi timing issue. I like totally objective evidence.

I recorded a modulation signal coming out of modular. Rise & fall of the signal are done thanks to envelopes. First of all, the rise & fall have between 100 and 200 ms delay ! But look at the difference between the both record ! Exactly the same conditions. I can explain in detail how I did, if needed.

The last fall & rise is obtained via silent way DC device = 1 or 2 ms delay and always the same !
midi timing-.jpg
midi timing-.jpg (116.67 KiB) Viewed 2899 times
Midi timing is very improvable in Scope !
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
enantiodromia

Post by enantiodromia »

JoPo wrote:Just wanted to show the Scope midi timing issue. I like totally objective evidence.

I recorded a modulation signal coming out of modular. Rise & fall of the signal are done thanks to envelopes. First of all, the rise & fall have between 100 and 200 ms delay ! But look at the difference between the both record ! Exactly the same conditions. I can explain in detail how I did, if needed.

The last fall & rise is obtained via silent way DC device = 1 or 2 ms delay and always the same !
midi timing-.jpg
+1 wish that would be in scope 7 development as well as proper preset recall and updated wave driver
fraz

Post by fraz »

enantiodromia wrote:
JoPo wrote:Just wanted to show the Scope midi timing issue. I like totally objective evidence.

midi timing-.jpg
+1 wish that would be in scope 7 development as well as proper preset recall and updated wave driver
Probably very good ideas for Scope 7 - :) But lets not get carried away because there is no Scope 7 [yet] - Lets get Some form of Scope 7 out first in existence
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

Just to chime in.
5.1 is fantastic already. Bar some of the step/gate sequencing stuff in mod 4 not working right.
I use 32bit still.
I want the samplers as they don't work in 64 bit.
For me really I just want that seq bug fixed and samplers in 64bit! Also I think implementation of MPE midi for synths and samplers etc would be another sweet addition to 7.
That's it.
I don't really like constant updates etc.
You don't need to keep updating a guitar once you have one. It does it's job.
Add ons and plug ins though, I like a steady (not fast or unnecessary) flow of extra tools and toys.
Striker10

Post by Striker10 »

I'd like to see support for 3d controllers. I've a continuum I think (or would like to think), that scope in the future could work well with them in addition to regular controllers. That said, a lot of work goes on behind the scenes to make things work so hopefully that'll be considered in future. Else i'll have to buy a Kyma... :cry: I know recently there are a few that support these controllers but something on the modular would be pretty nice.