PUSHER:WE WANT A FREE SCOPE AND SDK!

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

m.my91

PUSHER:WE WANT A FREE SCOPE AND SDK!

Post by m.my91 »

HELLO
paying 239 euros for scope 5.1 with the STS 64 bug is a COMMERCIAL ABUSE!!!!!!!
We can, every creamware and soniccore users "pushed" soniccore to make a free OS for mac and windows.
And also with the SDK.(maybe some can devellop more free c++ plugins or corret STS bugs obn 64 bit).
IF SONICCORE C++ DEVELLOPER WERE UNABLE TO RESOLVE THE STS BUG ON 64 BIT OS LET OTHER PEOPLE DO THE JOB FOR FREE!
SO I INVITE EVERYONE TO MAKE MANY MAIL AT SONICCORE COMPANY (MINIMUM 1 BY DAY) TO TELL:

WE WANT A FREE SCOPE 64 SDK !

PUSHER!
garyb

Re: PUSHER:WE WANT A FREE SCOPE AND SDK!

Post by garyb »

do you have a 15dsp card or an XITE?

if so, you're welcome to make what you want.

i'd even give you the SDK if you have one of those items, but let's be real. there is no moral, legal, ethical or sensible reason for others to work to provide you products that you want, for free.

also, you have made some very irresponsible claims based on limited to no information about those claims.

i await your sampler. i don't doubt that it's possible that you can do it. good luck.
m.my91

Post by m.my91 »

garyb wrote:do you have a 15dsp card or an XITE?

if so, you're welcome to make what you want.

i'd even give you the SDK if you have one of those items, but let's be real. there is no moral, legal, ethical or sensible reason for others to work to provide you products that you want, for free.

also, you have made some very irresponsible claims based on limited to no information about those claims.

i await your sampler. i don't doubt that it's possible that you can do it. good luck.
yes i work on scope platform for more than 15 years now........
i don't care about your doubt gary...
but do you thinks there's a moral, legal,ethical or sensible reason to sell a scope 5.1 64 bit with a cerfified bug on STS sampler?
for me it's a theft.
is soniccore are liars? when i see STS sampler wrinting in the SCOPE 5.1 plugins list?
but if you can give for free the SDK for eveyone maybe there will be a moral, legal,ethical or sensible reason for this:
RESOLVE THE STS 64 BIT BUG!
WE CAN DO BY OURSELF YOUR DEVELLOPER JOB!
instead of waiting 10 years a new good 64 bit scope with all upgrade for new os for 249 or maybe 500 euros...
garyb

Post by garyb »

no, there's only a 32bit STS. period.
that's how it is right now, whether anyone likes it or not.
i think you should read the license agreement for the software.

if you find it easy to make a sampler, nobody is stopping you, but you DO need a 14 or 15dsp card or an XITE to make the SDK work. it's not a factor of how long you have used Scope.

by the way, while you are getting upset with me, please be sure you understand what i write.
i said i do NOT doubt, that you can do it. in other words, i'm sure that you can. do it.

and stop yelling. it won't help this situation.
m.my91

Post by m.my91 »

garyb wrote:no, there's only a 32bit STS. period.
that's how it is right now, whether anyone likes it or not.
i think you should read the license agreement for the software.

if you find it easy to make a sampler, nobody is stopping you, but you DO need a 14 or 15dsp card or an XITE to make the SDK work. it's not a factor of how long you have used Scope.

by the way, while you are getting upset with me, please be sure you understand what i write.
i said i do NOT doubt, that you can do it. in other words, i'm sure that you can. do it.

and stop yelling. it won't help this situation.
STS 32 bit periode....
BLABLA (what doing your developper to adapt sts on 64 bit os for 20 yeard now)?
i'am not a nut gary i know that sdk need a 14 dsp but it also need money for the key!
do you think it's moral legal or resonable to pay for resolving a problem an a scope 5.1 that you have pay before...
1:you pay for a bugging os: scope5.1 (bad sts don't work at 64 bit)
2:you paid sdk for trying to remove the bug of the sts that you have pay before!
OK sts is a 32 bit period (just telling that sts not working at 64 bit in your commercial sales specification)
BUT IT'S NOT!
SO IT'S MORAL TO GIVE THE SDK FOR FREE BECAUSE WE HAVE ALREADY PAY FOR IT
garyb

Post by garyb »

did you not see when i said that i would give you the SDK?

i'm thinking i should change my mind because you are so rude.

the STS issue is not a bug. it's just code that was never meant for a 64bit system.
do you think that there are 100's of coders working for free and that everything that people want can just be magically produced? if so, you are bound to be disappointed. right now there are two priorities at SonicCore which benefit everyone.
1. keep the company going and
2. update the entire Scope system.

any work on the STS will come later. if that's not fast enough, then you spend the money and make it happen. it's easily 10,000euro to pay coders to make a device of the complexity of the STS that actually works as it's supposed to.

PCI cards aren't even SonicCore's product. we don't have to make anything for PCI cards. we don't have to spend money to archive older versions of Scope either, and i certainly don't have to waste time making keyfiles for v4. we do what we can to serve the Scope community and that's enough. if we can do more, faster, then we will. right now, you can use Scope in Windows10. tell me any other company that has products for 15 year old computer hardware to work in a new computer.

this is the end of the back and forth. you have expressed your unhappiness. i'm going to bed. if i wake to unpleasant behavior, i will clean up the mess.
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

I think if you're trying to whip up support for your cause you're going about it all wrong. Shouting (capital letters if you don't know about netiquette) being generally rude, being rude to garyb who has contributed more in fifteen years than you have (all I see from you is whining). Also if you want SC to continue then suggesting not paying them isn't logical is it?

So much has been integrated into the standard package that used to be individually paid for and now it's bundled for free, and yet you want more. I bought most of that stuff as individual items (like Minimax, Mix&Master etc.) but I'm not bitching that the world owes me and I'm being ripped off. I spent more on one synth than the cost of the 5.1 upgrade which includes most of the stuff I have bought over the years for free. Oh poor little me.
stonberg

Post by stonberg »

"to make a free OS for mac and windows"

I...what? You do realise that Mac (iOS) and Windows are operating systems, yes?

So you want a free operating system that will operate on top of iOS &/or Windows?

tlaskows

Post by tlaskows »

I don't understand what the problem is. I think Scope is very well priced even though there are some 64 bit glitches. I don't think it should be free. Did you get a free copy of Windows? I had to pay over $200 for my copy.

And the SDK is only 98 Euros, that's more than fair. So stop being an arsehole, get the SDK and start making devices.

-Tom
tlaskows

Post by tlaskows »

BTW, I forgot to add...

Apple is NOT a good investment. I blew 2500$ on a what was advertised as a professional, top of the line MacBook Pro retina 2012.

Guess what. It doesn't work anymore! It lasted around 3 years before it started having issues. I hardly used it.

First issue was crazy ghosting on the IPS panels. They used two different panels, one from LG and one from Samsung. LG ones are the bad ones. Just google 'macbook pro retina ghosting'. No recall on that. Apple considers this to be normal and will charge you to replace the screen and you'll probably end up with another bad screen. There are people that had their screen replaced 5! times and still had issues with ghosting and backlight bleeding. So I got myself a Samsung screen (that's another $500) and fixed the problem. No more ghosting, yay. Well that lasted a few weeks until the laptop started having issues again. It started freezing/crashing when switching to discrete graphics. Just google it, a lot of complains. Sure, there is a recall, so I took it in. It passed all the diagnostics and an Apple 'engineer' from California determined (how? Over the phone?) that's it's a logic board issue. How can you say that without actually hooking up some hardware diagnostics took (logic analyzers and stuff like that). Nope, they said it's not a graphics issue (but it only freezes when switching the graphics chips, funny eh?). So Apple wants me to pay 730$ to replace the logic board. This laptop sells on eBay for just over 1000$ used. They still have my laptop. I don't know what to tell them. I do need it for iOS development, but that's almost $4000 spent on a 'professional' laptop that will probably break again. And they only give 90 days warranty on the repair. I'm gonna need it for at least another year. I had no choice, I just joined a startup a week ago and I am responsible for iOS development. I ran out and bought the first 'cheap' MacBook Pro that could still run Yosemite. That's another $600 for a 5 year old laptop.

Maybe Scope should costs what the Apple 'professional' laptops cost then people would take it more seriously.

So my point is, I don't see how you can justify spending $4000 on a professional Mac, and not willing to pay a few dollars for Scope. It just doesn't make any sense.

Oh, BTW. Apple moderates their support forums, so they know about these things. I posted some 'bad' about them, nothing too crazy, and it got taken down in less than 5 seconds.

Sold all my iPhones. Another bad experience with an Apple product.

I've lost a lot of money by investing in Apple products. I will never buy them again. They won't care until people stop buying their pretty devices. They're not losing money yet, so why should they care.

Trust me, my point is that Scope is a good investment. My cards are 12 years old, always on and still work just fine.

</rant off>

-Tom
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

tlaskows wrote:My cards are 12 years old, always on and still work just fine.
Yep ! I have a 1998 card and it works as the first day ! German manufacturing !
Several time I thought "that's it, this time, it's broken" and each time it was another pc part that was the trouble. I even have a adat expansion card which a capacitor is gone and it works impeccable since 15 years !

Come on ! Take SDK, garyb offers it to you and buid us many samplers as good as kontakt but for Scope, fx, devices, modules, for free ! There is already people who do so on this platform, try to find a community like here anywhere else !
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
tlaskows

Post by tlaskows »

Yes, take the SDK and make something as good as TAL-Sampler and sell it for $50. People will buy it.

I thought my cards died one time. I reinstalled the Scope driver and they were back to normal. Sometimes things get corrupted.

-Tom
tlaskows

Post by tlaskows »

I was afraid Apple paid Google to stop indexing my blog because of making them look bad. But no, I just typed in my name and my site shows up on the 3rd page. All good. I can put whatever I want on there and have it taken down by Apple Police :lol:

-Tom
m.my91

Post by m.my91 »

garyb wrote:did you not see when i said that i would give you the SDK?

i'm thinking i should change my mind because you are so rude.

the STS issue is not a bug. it's just code that was never meant for a 64bit system.
do you think that there are 100's of coders working for free and that everything that people want can just be magically produced? if so, you are bound to be disappointed. right now there are two priorities at SonicCore which benefit everyone.
1. keep the company going and
2. update the entire Scope system.

any work on the STS will come later. if that's not fast enough, then you spend the money and make it happen. it's easily 10,000euro to pay coders to make a device of the complexity of the STS that actually works as it's supposed to.

PCI cards aren't even SonicCore's product. we don't have to make anything for PCI cards. we don't have to spend money to archive older versions of Scope either, and i certainly don't have to waste time making keyfiles for v4. we do what we can to serve the Scope community and that's enough. if we can do more, faster, then we will. right now, you can use Scope in Windows10. tell me any other company that has products for 15 year old computer hardware to work in a new computer.

this is the end of the back and forth. you have expressed your unhappiness. i'm going to bed. if i wake to unpleasant behavior, i will clean up the mess.

YES 10000 EUROS ALONE....
it's easily 10,000euro to pay coders to make a device of the complexity of the STS that actually works as it's supposed to.
But a friend of mine work with visual studio and c++ an when he heard that a SBK plateform exist he tell me that is it possible to build application maybe recode sts for 64 bit os.
perhaps if soniccore made the sdk free and open with a forum like planet z people can work morand more easily...
tlaskows

Post by tlaskows »

Please stop upsetting Gary. He is always here to help.

Coding is not easy. If you could really write code and know your DSP theory, you would be writing plugins.

-Tom
jksuperstar

Post by jksuperstar »

And C++ is not the path for DSP code. It is one of the least efficient for real-time use out there.

Further, the SDK does not require C++ or visual studio, it is a largely (though not limited to) graphical nature, and is fully self contained. Besides Visual Studio and Macs don't compliment each other well.
tlaskows

Post by tlaskows »

Ahahaha, true. I did play with the SDK a bit. And you cannot write code. You use modules. But you can do pretty much anything without writing code :D

-Tom
jksuperstar

Post by jksuperstar »

You can write code for the host side, and scripts as well. You can also write DSP code (atoms), but you do need a hardware dongle from S|C for that, since it is done in assembler.
tlaskows

Post by tlaskows »

Damn. Assembler is a pain. I only know x86 and PIC. I'm sure it's a handful for the Sharks :lol:

-Tom
SilverScoper

Post by SilverScoper »

m.my91 wrote:HELLO
paying 239 euros for scope 5.1 with the STS 64 bug is a COMMERCIAL ABUSE!!!!!!!
We can, every creamware and soniccore users "pushed" soniccore to make a free OS for mac and windows.
And also with the SDK.(maybe some can devellop more free c++ plugins or corret STS bugs obn 64 bit).
IF SONICCORE C++ DEVELLOPER WERE UNABLE TO RESOLVE THE STS BUG ON 64 BIT OS LET OTHER PEOPLE DO THE JOB FOR FREE!
SO I INVITE EVERYONE TO MAKE MANY MAIL AT SONICCORE COMPANY (MINIMUM 1 BY DAY) TO TELL:

WE WANT A FREE SCOPE 64 SDK !

PUSHER!
This is pretty much the most unrealistic post I've seen since Niceboy days :lol: