Hay

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

LoFizle

Hay

Post by LoFizle »

Hey Whats up gang!

Ive been wanting a creamware card for a while, and recently picked up a luna.

Been having a bitch of a time installing the damn thing.

Im running it on os9, with a g4.

Reason seems, to crash the asio driver, and midi driver when I install.

I also have a HD card, and Sample cell card installed along with a scsi for old samplers. But i might pull them and just get more creamware cards more plugs and more juice.
and maybe
korg oasys at some point to.

I prolly shouldn't say this hear, but Im a mac guy. So im kinda stuck on using 0s9, and my g4. plus the last time I used windows was XP. So I dont know shit about PC's.

Anyways, I was checking out the device section, and was wondering if these plugs are os9 compatible? an if so which ones? probably none. lol

and if there is any other place I could find some of the devices that are listed and cant be download.

So far the only thing I have a key for is scope 4.0 and the modular 2-3. the modular is sweet and would love to get my hands on some other synths.

Also Im not using this as my main daw, just a synth and effects unit. right now Im running just a analog out to my Avid omi, but Im thinking later when I get more cards maybe adat, and using it as an effects send. IDK

Anyways thought I would check in hear since this is were all the cream pies congregate. :P

So hello, and glad to meet ya. this board seems pretty dope, and I hope to learn more about these cards, they seem pretty special.
Mr Arkadin

Re: Hay

Post by Mr Arkadin »

Last time I had a G4 with OS9.2.2 everything worked like a charm. I was disappointed when Apple went PCI-X (yeah, that was a great unused standard). I seem to remember needing to download and run OMS to get MIDI working. Can you try another DAW like Reaper just to test it's not Reason?

There are a few guys on here still using Macs so hopefully they'll be along. BTW, nothing wrong with XP, I was using it up until May this year. :D
garyb

Post by garyb »

ditto the above comment.

also, i should tell you that a PC that will work GREAT and will be much more powerful than an old G4 can be had for about $100. ultimately, a computer is a computer. a PC would be alien for a few days, then it would be pretty much the same thing you've always used.

anyway, try sending hubird a private message. he might be able to help you. he's using os9 at the moment....
dawman

Post by dawman »

Windows 95 works pretty good too... especially if you can get in your Model T Ford and race to town to get some 1GB HDDs the size of a shoebox.. :lol:

Ankyu
LoFizle

Post by LoFizle »

dawman wrote:Windows 95 works pretty good too... especially if you can get in your Model T Ford and race to town to get some 1GB HDDs the size of a shoebox.. :lol:

Ankyu
HAHAHA

os9 is pretty solid, but OMS Defiantly is a pain in the ass. I found the trick to be you run OMS after you open scope. that was after like 5 installS lol
LoFizle

Post by LoFizle »

garyb wrote:ditto the above comment.

also, i should tell you that a PC that will work GREAT and will be much more powerful than an old G4 can be had for about $100. ultimately, a computer is a computer. a PC would be alien for a few days, then it would be pretty much the same thing you've always used.

anyway, try sending hubird a private message. he might be able to help you. he's using os9 at the moment....
Only thing is I dont need the power really. since all I am running is this and other dsp cards. I had a HD core card but thats getting pulled, and Im giving it to a friend along with a 96io. I have a samplecell card as well but havent even messed with it. it may go as well for more creamware cards. But I do want a korg oasys. o and I have SCSI for some old samplers.
ronnie

Post by ronnie »

Thanks to garyb, back in January I settled on a refurb HP XW4600 with a Quad Core Q9400 2.66 GHz (at a great price on eBay with a 60 day warranty - like $150 with 8GB, 250GB HD and Win 7 64 Pro). I've downloaded my upgrade and keys from 4.5 to SCOPE 5.1 Pro and installed 8GB RAM, Seagate 2 TB SSHD, EVGA GeForce GT 610, EVGA PCIe Power Booster, Windows 7 Pro and my venerable PowerPulsar, Pulsar2, Luna II w/ 24/96 I/O cards. It's been rock solid. The whole deal cost me less than $350 (minus my Scope cards of course). I run the machine as an effects and synth box to a laptop hosting Sonar Platinum and Vsts (via adat) and also standalone hosting Sonar Platinum with Vsts with no issues. I've been so pleased with this setup that I just got my son one to replace his laptop which was really audio glitchy with CPU intensive stuff like Kontakt Guitar-Rig and Diva and now he's all set without any audio issues at all. If you want bang for the buck, you can't beat these machines for Scope.
"I’ve come to the conclusion that synths are like potatoes, they’re no good raw—you’ve got to cook ‘em, and I cooked these sounds for months before I got them to the point where they sounded musical to me." Lyle Mays