Windows 10 Audio Stack Enhancements Video

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

dante

Windows 10 Audio Stack Enhancements Video

Post by dante »

frokka

Re: Windows 10 Audio Stack Enhancements Video

Post by frokka »

Did you listen to the whole thing..? :)
dante

Post by dante »

Not yet .. When I have a spare hour...
garyb

Post by garyb »

MME/wave/KS enhancements. these are claimed every new version. perhaps the wave driver performance will be improved, it probably won't affect ASIO much.
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

garyb wrote:MME/wave/KS enhancements. these are claimed every new version. perhaps the wave driver performance will be improved, it probably won't affect ASIO much.
Over @KC in a related thread there´s mentioned, ASIO will be supported in a later Win10 update.
Source is a MS guy talking about that @ Gearsluts.
Didn´t follow the links and read all the posts,- so no guarantee ...

Bud
S|C Scope/XITE-1 & S|C A16U, Scope PCI & CW A16U
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

Well, I had to take a breath 1st,- but now I feel free saying,- this is NOT the way I prefer composing, arranging or producing music at all.
I better go and practise playing keyboards before I learn triggering and re-aranging (pre recorded) audio events by touchscreen.

I can see some benefits from touchscreens, but not this way.

Anyway,- in my age and w/ my experience in music biz (touring and recording), I don´t need computers and software urgently to make music.

If it is Win XP or Win 10 or Mac OS8.6 -9.22 or OS X Tiger up to XYZ isn´t important to me.
I was able making music and making a living w/ it when we didn´t have any computers available as well as w/ the availability of Commodore, ATARI, early PCs and early MACs,- it´s just only tools.

Lot´s of babbling while triggering and moving audio clips w/ one finger doesn´t mean creativity to me.

I find the Bitwig guy really nervous while explaining more or less nothing b.t.w. and Thavious Beck, whoever that is, demonstrating playing a really stupid melody using a pen on a touchscreen or opening filters for a automatically running bassline by moving his fingers across that screen is really disappointing to me.
Who needs that s##t ?
Only non-players not having any music theory knowledge and lack playing technique skills.

I do the same much faster while playing more complex lines on only one outdated keyboard and record that stuff onto whatever media,- may it be tape.
And at the end of the day I didn´t edit anything.

"One take",- guys ...

Is there anyone out there remembering what that was,- in a real studio, costing XXX bucks per hour w/ a producer in your neck and printing to tape,- all together w/ a band ?
We did complete albums in 2-3 days that way,- overdubs included and sometimes the mix too.
Basic tracks one day, overdubs the other and mix the 3rd day,- and it was all released by major companies.
Well, extinct biz it seems.

I´ll upgrade to Win 10 when SCOPE 6 requires that,- other wise I´ll stay w/ Win XP, SCOPE 5.1 and innovations like BC Modular and play on my old keys.

Man, I find that computer shit so damn boring ...

Bud
S|C Scope/XITE-1 & S|C A16U, Scope PCI & CW A16U
garyb

Post by garyb »

word.
ronnie

Post by ronnie »

:D
"I’ve come to the conclusion that synths are like potatoes, they’re no good raw—you’ve got to cook ‘em, and I cooked these sounds for months before I got them to the point where they sounded musical to me." Lyle Mays
jksuperstar

Post by jksuperstar »

The point is that Windows 10 may be more than a PC OS, being somewhat equivalent across multiple platforms (desktop, laptop, tablet, phone) and that opens up some options regarding what & how tools are created for making or recording or otherwise effecting music & media.

For me, its nice to have a touch interface to SCOPE...there is an immediate connection into the devices that doesn't require extra hardware or time programming a middle man controller. Adding a sequencer to a tablet just shows what *can* be done, today.
garyb

Post by garyb »

sure, and there's certainly nothing wrong with this.
it's nice that it's built into the os. the hype, though, the hype.
it's more about consumer uses than anything.
personally, i'm not happy to be moving towards endless dumb terminals and having everything owned by the owner of the network.