Whishliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiist

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Haydarpasa

Re: Whishliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiist

Post by Haydarpasa »

Sounddesigner wrote:Forgot to say, welcome aboard! :)

Thanks sounddesigner.
SilverScoper

Post by SilverScoper »

jhulk wrote:xtc mode was for scope plugins only so that they could be seen in a daw with out starting scope up and have a visual gui from the daw but you can accomplish this with out xtc mode by having 2 monitor screens you can have scope on one and daw onn the other and use the sequencer midi i/o in scope which is seen in the daw software you can then create ctrlr panels as vsti control elements to use inside daw we did this a few years back for bcmodular
@jhulk, since Harrison mixer can host VST is there a way to run Scope plugins in there ?
http://harrisonconsoles.com/site/mixbus.html wrote:•Industry standard plugin support: Mixbus loads VST plugins on Windows, AudioUnit plugins on OSX, and LV2 plugins on all platforms.
I used Harrison mixbus on a few projects a couple of years ago - great sound and workflow like analog.
Haydarpasa

Post by Haydarpasa »

SilverScoper wrote:
jhulk wrote:xtc mode was for scope plugins only so that they could be seen in a daw with out starting scope up and have a visual gui from the daw but you can accomplish this with out xtc mode by having 2 monitor screens you can have scope on one and daw onn the other and use the sequencer midi i/o in scope which is seen in the daw software you can then create ctrlr panels as vsti control elements to use inside daw we did this a few years back for bcmodular
@jhulk, since Harrison mixer can host VST is there a way to run Scope plugins in there ?
http://harrisonconsoles.com/site/mixbus.html wrote:•Industry standard plugin support: Mixbus loads VST plugins on Windows, AudioUnit plugins on OSX, and LV2 plugins on all platforms.
I used Harrison mixbus on a few projects a couple of years ago - great sound and workflow like analog.

Never tried mixbus.
How is the sound compared to scopes mixer(s)? To be honest which sounds better in your opinion?
Heard Slate digitals plugins are one of the best native plugs as well. Somebody experience???
SilverScoper

Post by SilverScoper »

Mixing only, Scope sounds better. But Scope mastering any native mix has that great Scope sound. Harrison mixbus sounds great on its own but no where near as good as Reason SSL mixing combined with Scope mastering. Whereas I have never tried a Harrison mix mastered by Scope.

It's also the workflow which helps get a better sound in the end, and I like using mixers more like the old style analog where all the EQ and compression are available on the channels instead of like DAW mixing with all these popup plugins.

Also, Mixbus is nowhere near as stable as Reason on Win8, so I don't use it anymore.
jhulk

Post by jhulk »

a mixbuss is a compressor it gels the sounds together the most famous one is from the ssl console and uses blackmer vca

you can make the real thing for about £400 either using the gold can dbx opamp vca or use the new that 2180 in a 4-8 cascade that mimics the same design but is much more quite

but most of the time a mixbuss is used as an insert on the final output channel

the harrison mixbuss is based on the same design

i like the harrison eq have a few sets of them that i made several years ago

but my favourite is the red74/127

and the eqp1a/meq5 versions

the helios is nice also

and having used a ssl the reason looks like it but does not sound like it
dante

Post by dante »

Harrison Mixbus is a full mixer, maybe confused with the term Mix Buss (?)
jhulk

Post by jhulk »

yes because the term was always used for the ssl mixbuss which was a bus compressor

and if its a mixer should be called a mixer or at least channel strip

as i used the hardware thats what i associate it with

ill look it up
jhulk

Post by jhulk »

i notice they do a subscription monthly fee

this is what soniccore needs todo

im going to buy it and try it out will come back after extensive use to give my thoughts
Suzie Cue

Post by Suzie Cue »

Cool. That's the spirit !
SilverScoper

Post by SilverScoper »

If you're running XP should be stable - might be issues with later OS or the Jack middleware.