working 64 bit drivers when?

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

irrelevance

working 64 bit drivers when?

Post by irrelevance »

I know it's a how long is a piece of string answer but it seems that I might be in the minority of people who actually gives a damn about the lack of fully working 64bit drivers. This isn't a thread to bash SC just hoping those who find themselves disadvantaged by the crazy inverse logic of computing i.e. An upgrade to more capable hardware leading to a downgrade in overall experience, speak up and let it be known :lol:

I need to be able to record and playback in wavelab side by side with an ASIO application. Not sure if that's an unusual scenario so again people speak up because the threads I've read on the matter seem to indicate most are not too concerned and in one case iirc a poster suggests that it's not even a big loss!? Under 32bit i could launch wavelab edit listen back or record as my wave drivers sat back to back with ASIO. It's one of those things that makes me contemplate looking for another solution.

I'm not giving up scope though and would prefer to run something side by side but not sure of the stability on that score. I have a focusrite saffire sitting here and I tried hooking it up with a firewire card I had lying around never used but badly stored (no anti static in a box with other boards). Had weird intermittent connection troubles and gave up but even then the saffire card didn't seem to offer the ability to record wav.

See with scope I never had to worry about this detail :lol: